{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

KHAN banned from driving

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

KHAN banned from driving

Postby The Source » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:53 pm

..... (pleads guilty at Court, although not till tomorrow according to the article)

Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on August 22 how midfielder Otis Khan, 23, of Buttermere Road, Ashton-under-Lyne, Tameside, had been driving a Mercedes hire-car on the A623

https://www.chad.co.uk/news/crime/mansfield-town-fc-player-gets-a-driving-ban-after-admitting-dangerous-driving-in-derbyshire-1-9949195
Last edited by The Source on Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I just press the button, You provide the face
The Source
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: OTIS banned

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Dempster's fault :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Re: KHAN banned

Postby Stoney » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:59 pm

He added: “The management is talking about me going on loan to a club in Manchester and I didn’t play much last year and this does not look good at all.”
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:03 pm

Stoney wrote:He added: “The management is talking about me going on loan to a club in Manchester and I didn’t play much last year and this does not look good at all.”

that was a strange part. it'll truly be a shatshow if we let our only creative midfielder go out on loan
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Incredible.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:14 pm

Stoney wrote:He added: “The management is talking about me going on loan to a club in Manchester and I didn’t play much last year and this does not look good at all.”

He probably could force his way into United's first eleven but I doubt he is good enough for City. But what do I know eh!!
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:15 pm

I hope to god he was just saying that to try and get off the hook, surely we aren’t seriously considering loaning him out :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Explains why we took him off last night then. Long walk home
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:24 pm

It happened in April last year, under the previous management. Stop panicking.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:34 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:It happened in April last year, under the previous management. Stop panicking.

Don’t think there’s any real panic :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Seems a good week to air your dirty laundry in public ?, anymore for anymore

oh i do so enjoy the banter i’m getting from Gimp fans thanks Otis for this little gem
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: KHAN banned from driving

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:08 pm

Surely he could afford a taxi everyday if rumours of our playing budget are correct.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Old timer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:51 pm

I don't know about Lincoln City, Lincoln prison are going to have a better football team than us at this rate.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:21 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

that was a strange part. it'll truly be a shatshow if we let our only creative midfielder go out on loan

Salford ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Salford ?

I really can't see him going out on loan. Dempster seems to like Khan and wouldn't make sense to send him out when we are short on numbers as it is
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:05 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Salford ?

I really can't see him going out on loan. Dempster seems to like Khan and wouldn't make sense to send him out when we are short on numbers as it is

The way things are at the moment nothing would surprise me.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:15 pm

He could have got a lift in with DF if we could have scored a goal at Franchise FC :lol:

We must have other players who live in the North West who can give Otis a lift. Craig Davies? Will Tomlinson? Nicky Maynard? Andy Cook?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:10 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Dempster's fault :lol:

No, no, no not having that - it must be Logan's :roll:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:37 am

pemill wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Dempster's fault :lol:

No, no, no not having that - it must be Logan's :roll:

I've seen some comments on Facebook about the club and it's lack of discipline regarding Khan. How on earth can the club be held responsible for someone's driving ability? There are some morons out there
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:40 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Seems a good week to air your dirty laundry in public ?, anymore for anymore

oh i do so enjoy the banter i’m getting from Gimp fans thanks Otis for this little gem

I have the pleasure of working with a few Owls . They are not the least bit surprised at Melliis allegedly fighting on a Friday in Mansfield .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:42 am

The Source wrote:..... (pleads guilty at Court, although not till tomorrow according to the article)

Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on August 22 how midfielder Otis Khan, 23, of Buttermere Road, Ashton-under-Lyne, Tameside, had been driving a Mercedes hire-car on the A623

https://www.chad.co.uk/news/crime/mansfield-town-fc-player-gets-a-driving-ban-after-admitting-dangerous-driving-in-derbyshire-1-9949195

Interestingly he was convicted by the evidence of a member of public’s dash cam video even though he wasn’t involved in an accident.

Perhaps this is food for thought about all our driving ‘skills’ and remember that there are now ‘snitches’ about and not just cop cars.
part time pete

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:45 am

one f in mansfield wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Seems a good week to air your dirty laundry in public ?, anymore for anymore

I have the pleasure of working with a few Owls . They are not the least bit surprised at Melliis allegedly fighting on a Friday in Mansfield .

Could it be that he originally played for Sheffield United. Not wise to take anything said by Sheffield people against the other half of the city.
part time pete

Postby NG17_stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:22 am

MTFCMusings wrote:It happened in April last year, under the previous management. Stop panicking.

The offence happened in April. The quote about being loaned out to somewhere in Manchester was said to the judge yesterday. An absolutely ridiculous decision if true.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:37 am

NG17_stag wrote:

The offence happened in April. The quote about being loaned out to somewhere in Manchester was said to the judge yesterday. An absolutely ridiculous decision if true.

I was talking in terms of those blaming the current management for 'further discipline problems'.

It reads to me as if he is asking to go on loan in Manchester because he won't be able to commute. A ridiculous situation and one that could rob us of our most creative player.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:13 am

This is a simple problem to solve. What Khan needs is a place to stay, nearby, whereby a mentor, possibly a current player with time on his hands, could guide young Otis.

Jacob Mellis would be the ideal candidate.

Oh wait, flaw in my plan. Let me get back to you........
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum