{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:12 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:11 am

Martin, very rare I comment on your reports but if you think we were "terrific" in the first half, then you must have been drinking from the same cup as JD.

I thought apart from the rare forays which resulted in the penalties, they dominated for almost the entire game, mainly due to our diminutive and slow midfield. They were stronger and quicker to everything.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:14 am

We were the only attacking threat in the first half really, they were like Carlisle plenty of the ball but doing nowt with it.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:16 am

And there's me thinking they came close with several headers, one of which Logan did well to keep out.
Their GK picked the ball out the net twice, his only touches?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:38 am

Not as extreme as woodclanger but agree that I wouldn’t call the first half terrific, as Conker said orient had a lot of the ball but only created half chances but as we tired in the second half they steamed through.
It’s a squad thing for me, half that starting team didn’t look like they were at full fitness and we only had kids to replace them. On top of that Orient’s tactics seemed to be to kick us off the park, we ended up just being bullied for large parts of the second half.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:53 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Martin, very rare I comment on your reports but if you think we were "terrific" in the first half, then you must have been drinking from the same cup as JD.

I thought apart from the rare forays which resulted in the penalties, they dominated for almost the entire game, mainly due to our diminutive and slow midfield. They were stronger and quicker to everything.

in the first half, we would have been 3-0 up but for Khan's free kick coming back off the woodwork. To suggest Orient "dominated" the first half, as you are doing, is absurd. Orient regrouped at half time, came back with a changed formation, and the game completely changed.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:01 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Martin, very rare I comment on your reports but if you think we were "terrific" in the first half, then you must have been drinking from the same cup as JD.

in the first half, we would have been 3-0 up but for Khan's free kick coming back off the woodwork. To suggest Orient "dominated" the first half, as you are doing, is absurd. Orient regrouped at half time, came back with a changed formation, and the game completely changed.

Absolutely. We were terrific in the first half, with quick and incisive football that Orient couldn't cope with. Yes, Orient had a fair amount of the ball but apart from a couple of chances they were simply giving us a break.
Second half we were abysmal and had no response to the change in tactics.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:07 am

Similar to last season, our high activity first 60 minutes sees us tiring for the last half hour. Macca looked we'll & truly knackered at the end.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:11 am

stag861 wrote:Similar to last season, our high activity first 60 minutes sees us tiring for the last half hour. Macca looked we'll & truly knackered at the end.

They were fine last Saturday even with all the travelling, so have they suddenly lost their fitness?
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:17 am

Bradders wrote:
stag861 wrote:Similar to last season, our high activity first 60 minutes sees us tiring for the last half hour. Macca looked we'll & truly knackered at the end.

They were fine last Saturday even with all the travelling, so have they suddenly lost their fitness?

Tomlinson hasn't had a proper pre-season as he was injured for the majority of it. MacDonald was injured for most of last season so will be feeling the affects of that. To expect them to play 3 games in a week, with all the travelling is pretty unfair.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:24 am

Don’t forget we started the second half even better for around ten minutes, then they started to control the game.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:52 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum