{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Radfords Are Very Quiet

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

The Radfords Are Very Quiet

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Has anyone seen them at the Mill lately?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Re: The Radfords Are Very Quiet

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Not since the end of March....tax imposed sabbatical
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby sunray » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:16 pm

Why watch this mediocre football when you can sit by the pool. Paul's got it covered.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalstag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:37 pm

They would be if they were over here, watching that s**t..Wonder what he would tmake of his vanity project ,then.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 am

bigalstag wrote:They would be if they were over here, watching that s**t..Wonder what he would tmake of his vanity project ,then.

What a pathetic comment ,vanity project ,he has pumped millions into this club ,thats not vanity.Why dont you put some of your hard earned in ,idiot
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:57 am

Spanishatag... most of us do put our hard earned in. Maybe as you dont you forgot.

It's a bit harsh and disrespectful to call it that. I agree.

That said, the finger is very much pointing at John now. He isn't above reproach and looks once again to have made a poor hasty decision where a new manager is concerned.

Hes asked JD for almost the impossible. Get promotion on a similar budget to your experienced predecessor but also bring through inexperienced kids. JD is on a hiding to nothing.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:06 am

Jamie wrote:Spanishatag... most of us do put our hard earned in. Maybe as you dont you forgot.

That said, the finger is very much pointing at John now. He isn't above reproach and looks once again to have made a poor hasty decision where a new manager is concerned.

Hes asked JD for almost the impossible. Get promotion on a similar budget to your experienced predecessor but also bring through inexperienced kids. JD is on a hiding to nothing.

I pay for my seasons pass and have done since it became available, and the club recieves a healthy percentage of that money ,so dont come that superfan crap on me
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:16 am

bigalstag wrote:They would be if they were over here, watching that s**t..Wonder what he would tmake of his vanity project ,then.
A very unfair comment in my view. Be careful because if they go it will be curtains.

I understand your disappointment but it's unfair to blame it on the Radford's.

An unnecessary thread at this point in time.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:21 am

How is a bad management appointment not there fault?

And dont worry, as I've told you before. Unless they want to write off millions of loans they arent going anywhere.

When you look at how things have gone since they moved away it wouldnt be unfair to start to link the two.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:25 am

Amber Andy wrote:
A very unfair comment in my view. Be careful because if they go it will be curtains.

I understand your disappointment but it's unfair to blame it on the Radford's.

An unnecessary thread at this point in time.

Agreed . Hardly a vanity project . They both care passionately about the club and want success as much as any of us . At the moment they are relying on the man they have appointed . I doubt they will want to sacrifice another season so we will all have to wait and see. Personally I think they will be looking where we are after 10 games .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:34 am

A hasty appointment yes, however they've told him the cash is there for more/another player so what more can they do?

May I suggest to JD as you don't know the outcome of the 'incident' he uses the cash to bring in a decent midfielder otherwise that cash will be your pay off.

It's frightening that JD thinks Macca a RW can be the main stay of his midfield
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:38 am

Whilst their financial affairs are their own things don't seem to be the same since by necessity they've had to go ex pat. It was strange at the crucial end of season run in and play off game not to see them there and the club seems flat.

It's been posted elsewhere that the JD appointment was unnaturally fast and against sll expectations but that is Mr Radfords call although it seems to not be working.

When you look at what is happening at Bury and Bolton be so grateful for what we have in the two of them as I'd rather have them in any guise with any manager they choose than any manager without them

Saying that....things still don't seem right
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:42 am

We will see how the Radfords feel by the end of the transfer window.

I think they will do their talking by investing in a couple of new players to replace the ones they have lost and hopefully that will shut the doubters up.

It's ridiculous to expect them to vocalise their feelings at this point in time and fans just need to be patient.

With the level of injuries combined with the stupidity of a couple of players, any manager would be struggling at the moment. I can't remember the start of a season when the team has been disrupted so savagely and early as this one except perhaps the last time we were in league 1. We sacked the manager then and it still led to relegation and brought in possibly the worst manager we ever had (in my opinion).
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:44 am

Jamie wrote:How is a bad management appointment not there fault?

And dont worry, as I've told you before. Unless they want to write off millions of loans they arent going anywhere.

When you look at how things have gone since they moved away it wouldnt be unfair to start to link the two.

Jamie, please apply a bit of logic.

Who will suffer most by appointing a poor manager ?

JR may well be regretting sacking DF and employing JD.

I think it's very unfair for some fans to be directing their anger and disappointment against the Radfords.

A very unnecessary thread at this point in time, that will only cause more unrest.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:53 am

Jamie wrote:Spanishatag... most of us do put our hard earned in. Maybe as you dont you forgot.

Nail. On. Head.

Said elsewhere that my annoyance is as much directed at JR as it is JD.

It's so unlike him to be so hasty. This was never going to work.

Darrell Clarke please.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:56 am

Something isn’t right at the club. It could be the cloud of idiot 1 and idiot 2s actions. Whatever it is it needs sorting.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:01 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Nail. On. Head.

Darrell Clarke please.

Clarke only went to Walsall in may on a 3 yr contract so that’s not happening. Although we should of snapped him up when df left
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:02 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Something isn’t right at the club. It could be the cloud of idiot 1 and idiot 2s actions. Whatever it is it needs sorting.

I said exactly the same up at Carlisle. Something doesn’t feel right.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:04 am

Are the Radfords now expected to give the fans a bulletin each time we lose then? :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am

kyle b wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:

Nail. On. Head.

Darrell Clarke please.

Clarke only went to Walsall in may on a 3 yr contract so that’s not happening. Although we should of snapped him up when df left

He will be back guaranteed but not just yet.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pm

I’m sure this can all be sorted by a ‘Carolyn on a blow up animal in a pool wearing next to nothing’ photo, can’t it?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby weststander » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:57 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:I’m sure this can all be sorted by a ‘Carolyn on a blow up animal in a pool wearing next to nothing’ photo, can’t it?

I think she's got her own flotation devices these days.
weststander
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby steiner » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:02 pm

Usual pathetic comments by the same negative posters,
We went down the tried and tested route with DF and witnessed the biggest bottle job in the clubs history, For 45 minutes yesterday we were top of the league,
Way to early to start flapping like some of the pussies on here.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:12 pm

weststander wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:I’m sure this can all be sorted by a ‘Carolyn on a blow up animal in a pool wearing next to nothing’ photo, can’t it?

I think she's got her own flotation devices these days.

How much longer do we put up with puerile comments like this
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:18 pm

steiner wrote:Usual pathetic comments by the same negative posters,
We went down the tried and tested route with DF and witnessed the biggest bottle job in the clubs history, For 45 minutes yesterday we were top of the league,
Way to early to start flapping like some of the pussies on here.

The ease in which we lost that game ( and second place in the league ) was unbelievable.

That cannot be denied.

Things are far from right at the club.

I'm usual positive with my comments. Let's hope it was a one off.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum