{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Midfield

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Midfield

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:02 pm

oldweststander wrote:I'm afraid we need emergency midfield reinforcement, McDonald apart, they wilted, ran out of legs and ideas, without Bish to shore them up they showed us what they really are and that is poor.

I had not seen Alistair Smith before but for Dempster to drop him into that game at that time, showed poor decision making by the manager.
Not being cruel, Smith ran around not knowing what to do or where to go, didn't see him touch the ball at all.

Extremely disappointed, we were top of the league at half time and 13th at full time, if money is available, now is the time to spend it?

Exactly. Go big or go home Dempster.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:25 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
oldweststander wrote:I'm afraid we need emergency midfield reinforcement, McDonald apart, they wilted, ran out of legs and ideas, without Bish to shore them up they showed us what they really are and that is poor.

I had not seen Alistair Smith before but for Dempster to drop him into that game at that time, showed poor decision making by the manager.
Not being cruel, Smith ran around not knowing what to do or where to go, didn't see him touch the ball at all.

Extremely disappointed, we were top of the league at half time and 13th at full time, if money is available, now is the time to spend it?

Exactly. Go big or go home Dempster.

Correct. Dempster needs to sign proven commodities to sort out the midfield. It might be hard to do but i think any promotion hopes hinge on our midfield being seriously improved before the deadline (that and Olejnik coming back soon and playing the rest of the season).
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BELSE » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:26 pm

is Elsnik still looking for a club
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum