{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

out his depth

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: out his depth

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:35 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:We are 1 point worse off than after the same number of games last season, despite the worst injury and suspension list I can ever remember at Field Mill.
Some people need to get a grip.

The injuries are more than the norm. They were worse though under Cox, the season he got the sack. He was also trying to manage on a reduced budget.

......and?

And too many injuries won't stop a manager from getting the sack. Furthermore PC didn't have the money to invest in adequate replacements.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:55 pm

BigGuy wrote:I bet your a bundle of laughs at at BBQ.

At B & Q :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:10 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Big yella wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
old ram stag wrote:yes I get that cass but it's on and off the pitch, on the pitch i see a lack of purpose and tactics, they are good players that don't seem to have match guidance, off the pitch is a lack of discipline fitness and professionalism, I hope it does improve and in a month we are all singing his name.

The fitness issue is now important. The manager said that the tracking software had put them as fitter than last year but some fans are saying they are not fit. Personally i wouldn't have a clue as in my head i can't remember what the fitness levels were like at the start of last season.
I do remember fans saying that Bury and Swindon fans had criticised Flitcroft for over training players.

My point is either the software is wrong, the manager is lying or fan perceptions are wrong

My pretty clear IMO which of those is most likely.

There has been nothing to suggest the players are unfit, literally nothing at all.

You mean apart from Logan's 3 inch love handles, and double C moobs, don't you?

The criticism of Logan's size has moved to a perceived wisdom amongst anti Dempster poster that the squad IS unfit. Not that they believe they are unfit, but that it is a fact.
All i am saying is that either the software is wrong, the manager is lying or the fans are wrong

I’m no fitness expert GFB (believe me it’s ‘Big’ yella for a reason), so I’m not making any comment on the squad as a whole, just that Logan is clearly overweight. No professional footballer should have love handles and man boobs.

Also I’m no anti Dempster troll. Last season I said I would give Flitcroft my full support until the FA Cup 1st round, so I will do the same for Dempster. By that stage last year I could see the shoots of something good so Flitcroft got my full support until the end of the season. Hopefully I will be doing the same again this season for Dempster.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:51 pm

I'm going to get the first 'meltdown' post of the
Exeter postmortem;

If JD supports the club like he says he does, he should do the honourable thing and step down.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:53 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I'm going to get the first 'meltdown' post of the
Exeter postmortem;

If JD supports the club like he says he does, he should do the honourable thing and step down.

Didn’t want to jump on the anti-Dempster bandwagon but you’ve seriously got to question him now
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:56 pm

im starting to agree sadly
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:05 pm

After making what must have been a tough decision on flitcroft - none of us could decide whether to keep him or not after Newport - he had to follow it up with a decent manager.

I have a horrid feeling it’ll end in tears
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adsstag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:08 pm

I agree after the start we’ve made to this season.

Players look unfit, no discipline and it doesn’t look like he know tactically doesn’t know what to do with the players he’s got!

Time to get rid before the season is done.

Exeter’s keeper only had one shot to save and that was off the back of his own defender. Forwards had no service!
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Nice guys & number twos don’t always make good managers, i’m really sorry JD but it’s time my owd lad
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adsstag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Also, I could see the system and team wasn’t working after 5 minutes but it was close to 70 minutes before a change was made - too late!
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:18 pm

We’re going to get to a point where we’re going to fall that far behind it’s going to be almost impossible for the inevitable incoming manager to turn it around and be in with a chance of promotion. Radford needs to make the decision sharpish.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:21 pm

JD thought the only issue was replacing walker and having a target man... Hence why we have cook and Maynard, two great signings... but he's completely missed everything else.

- No competition for the back three
- No quality in Midfield
- No discipline
- Most creative players benched

Want to give him all the time in the world to get it right and have a go but cant see many positives early on.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:21 pm

Those who said DF bottled it, whilst not agreeing, I can understand why they think that.

Point is DF built a position to enable him to bottle it,, The only thing this inexperienced management team will build to bottle is a relegation fight.

Early goal conceded again, player sent off again, defeat again, unable to change things again.

If things carry on like this, the season will be wrecked.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:23 pm

I said it a few weeks ago. He won't get us to where we are trying to go.

I have no problem giving him time if we were aiming for a season of mid table obscurity whilst blooding the kids, however the states aim is promotion and Dempster will not get us there or even close to it
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Could be worse, we could be 19th propped up by 2 teams we've struggled against, succumbing to 2 poor draws
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:28 pm

If JD wants to save his job he needs to look at himself. Why play the long ball game in the first half. If it was the players decision on the pitch then name the players and drop them for the next game. If it was JD decision admit you got it wrong either way lets have some honesty from JD.

Lets not hear injuries as an excuse. I keep repeating JD needs to sack Daryl Taylor, members of the team are unfit and we have numberous injuried players picked up off the pitch. Warm ups before the game and at half team are kick abouts not proper warm ups. The longer JD fails to get a grip on this one aspect of his managerment the shorter his time in charge.

A loss on Saturday against Scunthorpe could be serious for JD.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:28 pm

Maybe this is just an awful squad and Flitcroft was a genius to get us challenging top 3 :lol:
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm

Nurse
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Pre season we seemed to have a plan A & a plan B, one more than DF. Unfortunately neither seems to work as the defence seems confused.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:34 pm

stag861 wrote:Pre season we seemed to have a plan A & a plan B, one more than DF. Unfortunately neither seems to work as the defence seems confused.

Don't forget Flitcroft had Diamond, Anderson, Butcher, Atkinson and other players he didn't want taking up his budget and still nearly got us there. I respect JR's decision but imagine this squad plus those extra players DF would of wanted.

Lincoln missed out the other year and stuck with their manager, added what they needed and went up were doing a county at the minute.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:37 pm

My official line is that it's still ridiculously early to lose faith in the new manager. But it's getting harder to maintain that thought. I only listened to the commentary today, but it sounds like we're a team lacking in organisation, motivation and tactical nous. I don't accept that this squad is where it is because the players aren't up to the standard.
I went to the Exeter away game last season and we beat them with dynamic, clever football. Their fans must be thinking that we sold all our decent players.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
stag861 wrote:Pre season we seemed to have a plan A & a plan B, one more than DF. Unfortunately neither seems to work as the defence seems confused.

Don't forget Flitcroft had Diamond, Anderson, Butcher, Atkinson and other players he didn't want taking up his budget and still nearly got us there. I respect JR's decision but imagine this squad plus those extra players DF would of wanted.

Lincoln missed out the other year and stuck with their manager, added what they needed and went up were doing a county at the minute.

We all respect Radford’s decision in sacking Flitcroft, it wasn’t an outrageous decision... some would’ve kept him, some wouldn’t. What I can’t fathom is appointing Dempster. Looks like an absolute shocker from Radford (still love him).
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:47 pm

After today, I think we need a change.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby WVStag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:52 pm

NG17_stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

We all respect Radford’s decision in sacking Flitcroft, it wasn’t an outrageous decision... some would’ve kept him, some wouldn’t. What I can’t fathom is appointing Dempster. Looks like an absolute shocker from Radford (still love him).

Correct. No one who isn't an idiot would've swapped Flitcroft for Dempster if we knew that is what we would've ended up with.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:53 pm

Keith hill would kick this lot up the backside and get them organised
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum