{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

out his depth

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: out his depth

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:01 am

Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Just another rshole

your language this season is extremely blue, observation not a criticism fella

Its probably down to the fact ,that we seem to getting more critical posts on here than i can ever remember ,i dont think i have ever read so much vitriolic critiscism of a manager on here for quite a while ,even though we are not a million miles away from getting it right imo
The last two managers (SE and DF ), had more "vitriolic criticism" on here than JD has had so far Spanishstag.

But not during the honeymoon period. The abuse for a new manager has been vitriolic in some cases and idiotic in many.
There were people shouting Dempster out after 23 minutes of the FIRST home game. he was being roundly abused for the last twenty minutes of the first half of his first home game. I don't remember Flitcroft or Evans getting that until much later on
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:08 am

I think alot of fans felt that pre season had not been as productive as it could have been, we played too many under 21 sides that do not reflect our up coming opponents, also that the last time we got a win at the mill was Easter friday against Morecambe 4.0, and then this season they knock us out the cup with 10 men and take a league point from us in the space of a week.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:21 am

old ram stag wrote:I think alot of fans felt that pre season had not been as productive as it could have been, we played too many under 21 sides that do not reflect our up coming opponents, also that the last time we got a win at the mill was Easter friday against Morecambe 4.0, and then this season they knock us out the cup with 10 men and take a league point from us in the space of a week.

We arranged friendlies with championship teams, it's out of our hands if they send youth teams or not so can't see why you're complaining there.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:42 am

I'm not blaming anyone for that but it happened and j for one didn't feel we gained much, when setting up these fixtures we should be making sure we are to benefit from the game, if not play hard working lower league clubs like county or chesterfield
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:51 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
old ram stag wrote:I think alot of fans felt that pre season had not been as productive as it could have been, we played too many under 21 sides that do not reflect our up coming opponents, also that the last time we got a win at the mill was Easter friday against Morecambe 4.0, and then this season they knock us out the cup with 10 men and take a league point from us in the space of a week.

We arranged friendlies with championship teams, it's out of our hands if they send youth teams or not so can't see why you're complaining there.
Whilst I agree with that Bobby, we then arrange our last friendly with Glasgow Rangers youth. I know the Stockport game was unbelievably cancelled on police advice, but instead of playing a youth side we should have arranged something more appropriate to League 2. Whilst not wanting for JD to be sacked preseason was poor.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:01 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Just another rshole

your language this season is extremely blue, observation not a criticism fella

Its probably down to the fact ,that we seem to getting more critical posts on here than i can ever remember ,i dont think i have ever read so much vitriolic critiscism of a manager on here for quite a while ,even though we are not a million miles away from getting it right imo
The last two managers (SE and DF ), had more "vitriolic criticism" on here than JD has had so far Spanishstag.

But not during the honeymoon period. The abuse for a new manager has been vitriolic in some cases and idiotic in many.
There were people shouting Dempster out after 23 minutes of the FIRST home game. he was being roundly abused for the last twenty minutes of the first half of his first home game. I don't remember Flitcroft or Evans getting that until much later on

I didn't know that. I couldn't get to the first game. That is unacceptable.

I was comparing what was put on here when comparing JD to SE and DF. At least JD hasn't inherited cringeworthy nicknames such as Flip Flop. Well so far. I'm sure one will appear if things continue as they are.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:27 pm

It's just very lacklustre.

I didn't expect JD to be this insipid. It resonates to the players and the fans.

Results have been below that expected and our biggest ever transfer fee signing hasn't been picked yet and our dangerman CJ looks lost.

It all rests at the managers door.

The 'abuse' (criticism) is warranted in my opinion.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:37 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:It's just very lacklustre.

I didn't expect JD to be this insipid. It resonates to the players and the fans.

Results have been below that expected and our biggest ever transfer fee signing hasn't been picked yet and our dangerman CJ looks lost.

It all rests at the managers door.

The 'abuse' (criticism) is warranted in my opinion.

Lee Angol doesn’t play for us no more.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:01 pm

No, he plays for another side that beat us at home. One that had just come up from non league!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:20 pm

bigalstag wrote:No, he plays for another side that beat us at home. One that had just come up from non league!

cool story bro
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:25 pm

Cook.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:48 pm

nick_stags wrote:
old ram stag wrote:yes I get that cass but it's on and off the pitch, on the pitch i see a lack of purpose and tactics, they are good players that don't seem to have match guidance, off the pitch is a lack of discipline fitness and professionalism, I hope it does improve and in a month we are all singing his name.

The fitness issue is now important. The manager said that the tracking software had put them as fitter than last year but some fans are saying they are not fit. Personally i wouldn't have a clue as in my head i can't remember what the fitness levels were like at the start of last season.
I do remember fans saying that Bury and Swindon fans had criticised Flitcroft for over training players.

My point is either the software is wrong, the manager is lying or fan perceptions are wrong

My pretty clear IMO which of those is most likely.

There has been nothing to suggest the players are unfit, literally nothing at all.

You mean apart from Logan's 3 inch love handles, and double C moobs, don't you?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:09 pm

Big yella wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
old ram stag wrote:yes I get that cass but it's on and off the pitch, on the pitch i see a lack of purpose and tactics, they are good players that don't seem to have match guidance, off the pitch is a lack of discipline fitness and professionalism, I hope it does improve and in a month we are all singing his name.

The fitness issue is now important. The manager said that the tracking software had put them as fitter than last year but some fans are saying they are not fit. Personally i wouldn't have a clue as in my head i can't remember what the fitness levels were like at the start of last season.
I do remember fans saying that Bury and Swindon fans had criticised Flitcroft for over training players.

My point is either the software is wrong, the manager is lying or fan perceptions are wrong

There has been nothing to suggest the players are unfit, literally nothing at all.

The criticism of Logan's size has moved to a perceived wisdom amongst anti Dempster poster that the squad IS unfit. Not that they believe they are unfit, but that it is a fact.
All i am saying is that either the software is wrong, the manager is lying or the fans are wrong
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:18 pm

I think Logan is carrying too much timber, but I don't think the squad is unfit.

I think they may give the impression they are unfit because so for this season our build up play has seemed very pedestrian.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Big yella wrote:
nick_stags wrote:

Big Yella, the last time you saw Mr Pot was he calling Mr Kettle black?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:21 pm

We are 1 point worse off than after the same number of games last season, despite the worst injury and suspension list I can ever remember at Field Mill.
Some people need to get a grip.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:23 pm

Agree Dave Wayne.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:48 pm

I think that Craig Davies is our most expensive signing.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:02 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:We are 1 point worse off than after the same number of games last season, despite the worst injury and suspension list I can ever remember at Field Mill.

The injuries are more than the norm. They were worse though under Cox, the season he got the sack. He was also trying to manage on a reduced budget.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:We are 1 point worse off than after the same number of games last season, despite the worst injury and suspension list I can ever remember at Field Mill.

The injuries are more than the norm. They were worse though under Cox, the season he got the sack. He was also trying to manage on a reduced budget.

......and?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:19 pm

Big yella wrote:
nick_stags wrote:

Logan has been the same his whole career. It's in no way a reflection on the squad fitness levels.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:20 am

Logan looked alot bigger at Alfreton in pre season than he did at Newport last season in the play offs, it seemed very noticeable he was carrying weight.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:44 am

old ram stag wrote:Logan looked alot bigger at Alfreton in pre season than he did at Newport last season in the play offs, it seemed very noticeable he was carrying weight.

What do you mean ‘looked’? I would like to know how you saw anything? You were that pissed you slept through the second half!!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:29 am

old ram stag wrote:Logan looked alot bigger at Alfreton in pre season than he did at Newport last season in the play offs, it seemed very noticeable he was carrying weight.

Let’s be fair - what few people know is that Conrad was rushing off to a themed kids party straight after the PSF at Alfreton, and he was wearing his hired “super-hero” costume under his kit.

He was going as “Michelin Man”.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:59 am

I bet your a bundle of laughs at at BBQ.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum