{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

O's scorefred sponsored by 'There's trouble at t'Mill'

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 'There's trouble at t'Mill'

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Wish people would stop using our managers seniority as an excuse. He is paid well to do a job. He cant do it. So get rid.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Smith may be a decent player one day.He is not ready now.Taking Maynard off for CJ was a mistake.CJ has to play on the wing.Maynard is a good footballer and will always score goals.Midfieldnot good enough.Tomlinson is a yard off the pace.Poor second half but chance to put it right Saturday.I will be waiting for the Mellis Donohue situation to get sorted out.JD will probably have to dip into the transfer market because we are short in the midfield.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:28 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
Stoney wrote:We won't be going down, that is way off the mark however that second half was awful.

That's what county said last year.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Stop being an absentee expert, Whiffy. It makes you look like a berk.

It's ok. His well worded and concise response really showed me how wrong I was. :lol:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:28 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
Stoney wrote:We won't be going down, that is way off the mark however that second half was awful.

That's what county said last year.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Stop being an absentee expert, Whiffy. It makes you look like a berk.

I’m laughing at the utter lack of balls. We are four games into the season and there’s people saying we will go down. Can’t you see the absolute insanity in that?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:31 pm

It’s beyond belief that some on here think Tomlinson is ‘more creative than Mellis’... he barely made a pass all night, same goes for Macca.

The midfield tonight was the root cause of all of our problems, they simply are not good enough and finding top quality replacements needs to be the absolute priority in the next week or so otherwise forget promotion. Like it or not Tomlinson, Macca and Bish won’t take us up. You get games like Carlisle where they work, they did at Exeter last year, but they didn’t for plenty more during the run in because they don’t keep the ball well enough.

What’s concerning is Tomlinson and Macca are supposed to be bustling midfielders that do the dirty bits well... where the hell was that tonight? They completely buckled and from around 50 minutes through to the end they were hopeless and never had a kick. If people think that Mellis wouldn’t be a miss they’re mistaken, we could have so done with somebody to have just a tiny bit of composure on the ball tonight.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Very poor second half today. I thought we played well in the first.
We’ve got Stevenage on Saturday. They have a point from 4 games.
IF we win that then we’ve 8 points from 5 games and probably in the top 8.
Yes we want to be at the top but a catastrophic start to the season would be to have a point or two, not 5.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:38 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Very poor second half today. I thought we played well in the first.
Yes we want to be at the top but a catastrophic start to the season would be to have a point or two, not 5.

The trouble is, nothing I saw tonight gives me any confidence that we will beat Stevenage.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Very poor second half today. I thought we played well in the first.

The trouble is, nothing I saw tonight gives me any confidence that we will beat Stevenage.

Stevenage have yet to score this season.

Logan will happily change that Saturday!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:41 pm

No fight, no ability to mix it up, no fitness, no trust in the goalkeeper, no instruction from the manager, no idea on substitutions, no points.

All this after a pretty decent first half. God knows what he said to them at half time.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:46 pm

Conker wrote:Manager brought it upon himself, bringing Khan off who nobody could get near, ridiculous decision.

I know we have other problems but that mistake by Logan was hard to watch.

Totally agree. I was incredulous when he took Khan off but it was even worse that Smith never got into the pace of the game and never touched the ball so we played with ten men until CJ came on and we played with nine.

There were no release outlets so the ball came back time after time and we just couldn't defend.

Abject substitutions from an out of his depth manager
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:47 pm

The fitness is a good point. We do look as though we are sometimes struggling on that front.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby lifestags » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:48 pm

The subs killed us tonight, blame unfortunately has to lie with dempster l, as soon as he took Khan off for smith it was a signal to attack for them. Smith touches the ball once to be fair and I know he's a "local boy" but he needs to be better then that, go and impose yourself on the game, and cj for that matter too. We need about 3 players and fast.

2nd half was no way near acceptable.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:51 pm

lifestags wrote:The subs killed us tonight, blame unfortunately has to lie with dempster l, as soon as he took Khan off for smith it was a signal to attack for them. Smith touches the ball once to be fair and I know he's a "local boy" but he needs to be better then that, go and impose yourself on the game, and cj for that matter too. We need about 3 players and fast.

2nd half was no way near acceptable.

We got absolutely what we deserved in the second half. Shambles performance. Inept management.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:56 pm

Near enough the same players as last season. But sacking a decent manager cos he failed in a couple of Cup finals at the end of the season, replacing him with a nice bloke who's already made as many mistakes as DF did all season. Giving him time to get it right is OK, but that probably means writng this season off. Just like watching an Adam Murray team. So scared of losing stop trying to win.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:59 pm

I was surprised at the first sub, although in fairness Khan hadn't touched the ball 2nd half.

CJ for Maynard was insane unless Maynard had a knock.

Shockingly bad 2nd half. This was up there with the Bristol City game for ineptitude.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:01 pm

has anyone heard his after match press conference ?

we all sat in complete silence the entire journey back to Yorkshire, couldn’t bring myself to even put the radio on
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:01 pm

Sneag wrote:I was surprised at the first sub, although in fairness Khan hadn't touched the ball 2nd half.

CJ for Maynard was insane unless Maynard had a knock.

Shockingly bad 2nd half. This was up there with the Bristol City game for ineptitude.

Khan set up two chances in the second half.

Maynard was offering nothing, as it turned out did CJ. We didn’t lose because Maynard went off.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 pm

I think it brings home some of the points on the ‘slightly worried’ Fred. We well and truely ran out of steam after 60 mins and only had kids to bring on off the bench with the injuries, suspensions and other allegations.

I don’t think we were that great before either just a bit of quality and poor defending helping us out. I think Dempster has to be quite ruthless with the players now, if he’s short it needs to be addressed in the transfer market even if a loan until January.

For me there’s a few things to address.
1 keeper - even I’m losing patience now
2 centre back - I still think we’re short of cover
3 centre mid - short of cover with Mellis and Donahue out. Tomlinson doesn’t look fully fit yet and bishop out.
4 striker - missing a physical option with cook and davies out

You can probably put one of the younger lads in 1 of those roles but too many and you get what happened tonight, definitely men against boys at the end.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:04 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:has anyone heard his after match press conference ?

we all sat in complete silence the entire journey back to Yorkshire, couldn’t bring myself to even put the radio on

Yes, they're all very naughty boys.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Just had a look at the table. Interestingly we are the highest scoring team in the league!
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:11 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:has anyone heard his after match press conference ?

He's said it was scandalous. ..bemoaned the young bench....said he knew Orient would come at us. ...why?

Nothing about his ineffective game changing substitutions
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:31 pm

We kept a clean sheet against carlisle because they didn't play long ball. At team who has a strong tall striker causes chaos against us. We miss a dominant centre back. We could maybe get away with that if we had a goalie who commanded box but sadly we have calamity conrad. Saying fans like balls for wanting a manager gone is a ludicrous thing to say. It takes a hell of a lot of balls to sack a manager so early.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:42 pm

wink68 wrote:Near enough the same players as last season. But sacking a decent manager cos he failed in a couple of Cup finals at the end of the season, replacing him with a nice bloke who's already made as many mistakes as DF did all season. Giving him time to get it right is OK, but that probably means writng this season off. Just like watching an Adam Murray team. So scared of losing stop trying to win.

:good_post:
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:47 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:We kept a clean sheet against carlisle because they didn't play long ball. At team who has a strong tall striker causes chaos against us. We miss a dominant centre back. We could maybe get away with that if we had a goalie who commanded box but sadly we have calamity conrad. Saying fans like balls for wanting a manager gone is a ludicrous thing to say. It takes a hell of a lot of balls to sack a manager so early.

Are the people who can make that level of decision actually in the country?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:02 pm

As always there is the easy way and the MTFC way
classic Stage 21 step forward and then 2 back

Going to be a long season and don't see us having much consistency at all, something is clearly not right with things this year so far.
Not sure if its JD or the players or the tactics or the hangover from last season
could be bang average season with some wins draws and defeats all mixed up and mid tablish finish.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum