{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mansfield "Fans"

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mansfield "Fans"

Postby spanishstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:54 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Nobody,s mentioned racism though ,swearing yes racism no so please dont try to hijack a thread that has nothing to do with your own personal agenda

Did you actually read the initial post ?

Says the man who continually slates anyone welsh ,irish or scottish
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby weststander » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:56 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Nobody,s mentioned racism though ,swearing yes racism no so please dont try to hijack a thread that has nothing to do with your own personal agenda

Have you not even read the first post? I assume Bxxxx means they would be referring to someone's skin colour

Of course it does so if i call whatsover a c...t its ok but if he is a ginger haired c...t thats racist ,because hes ginger haired

Since when was "ginger" a race? Are people who are blond a different race to people who are ginger?
What ethnic heritage do people with ginger hair have compared to say mousey brown?
weststander
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Seems they’re also baiting the Radfords
I can’t post a link on my phone but John is saying fans are baiting her and she’s taking it
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:04 pm

weststander wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Have you not even read the first post? I assume Bxxxx means they would be referring to someone's skin colour

Of course it does so if i call whatsover a c...t its ok but if he is a ginger haired c...t thats racist ,because hes ginger haired

Since when was "ginger" a race? Are people who are blond a different race to people who are ginger?
What ethnic heritage do people with ginger hair have compared to say mousey brown?

beat me to it. ginger people are not a race :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:05 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:Seems they’re also baiting the Radfords
I can’t post a link on my phone but John is saying fans are baiting her and she’s taking it

quite a few morons spouting rubbish on carolyns post. its embarrassing really
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:06 pm

weststander wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Spanishstag

since when was “ginger” a skin colour :roll:

Sometimes you need to open your eyes and see what’s going on around you, racism is happening, yes at all clubs, but when it’s at our club we need to eliminate it, because it is OUR CLUB no point saying everyone else is doing the same if we are able to stop it!
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:52 pm

Hilarious Spanish nonsense. Truly ignorant
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:31 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Did you actually read the initial post ?

Yes i did ,did you read the title of the thread ,just because someone swears like a trooper and calls some one a black ,ginger,jock or whatever the opening post complained about swearing ,not racism

You really are something else.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:15 pm

Calling somebody black, followed by a derogatory word as mentioned in the first post is racist and disgusting. And I will always challenge it. I won't mention the racist posters that challenged me before but I know one of them by their face and will challenge them to their face this season.

There is no place for racism in football. I sat next to two black lads at Newport away and not one of the spineless posters I refer to said a word to them. Thankfully so, why would you even think twice about somebodies skin colour?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:38 pm

The whole swearing thing is interesting. We've all done it at the football, and that release of vocal aggression is a cornerstone of football crowd atmospheres, but what's the real issue? If, asumming you have an inherent problem with the sound of swear words, you are disgusted by hearing it at football matches in front of your kids, why do you take them? "Why does it have to be like that?" you might ask. I think part of what makes being a regular fan so appealing is the freedom of emotional expression and the release of pent up aggression, even if only vocal. We all got hooked on attending matches for one reason or another, many of us for the buzz of the atmosphere and the community of fans around us. Swearing was ALWAYS a part of that, yet we chose to keep going. I don't have any issue with swearing at football, even in front of kids. It's the parent's responsibility to judge whether it's an appropriate environment for their child.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:33 am

weststander wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I didnt say us gingers were a race ,but its discrimination all the same ,but at the end of the day its about two blokes talking loudly and referencing to race at footy ,it happens ,if he was so upset why did it take him nearly a fortnight to bring it up on here
Last edited by spanishstag on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:41 am

ParisStag wrote:The whole swearing thing is interesting. We've all done it at the football, and that release of vocal aggression is a cornerstone of football crowd atmospheres, but what's the real issue? If, asumming you have an inherent problem with the sound of swear words, you are disgusted by hearing it at football matches in front of your kids, why do you take them? "Why does it have to be like that?" you might ask. I think part of what makes being a regular fan so appealing is the freedom of emotional expression and the release of pent up aggression, even if only vocal. We all got hooked on attending matches for one reason or another, many of us for the buzz of the atmosphere and the community of fans around us. Swearing was ALWAYS a part of that, yet we chose to keep going. I don't have any issue with swearing at football, even in front of kids. It's the parent's responsibility to judge whether it's an appropriate environment for their child.

For me, it is about swearing in context - swearing can be funny or used to emphasise a point. What I don’t like to hear is swearing used as a replacement for other words throughout normal language, like a kind of weird punctuation. If you swear all the time it kind of losses it’s impact and usefulness.

Personally, if I had a family sat infront of me at footie and they had young kids I would try to avoid the use of swear words. You have to have some standards don’t you.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby nobby +1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:02 am

Steve North nail on the head totally agree
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DazMondo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:32 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:It’s been like it for a long time mate and it’s the same yobs wearing the same sort of brands, bevied up. Get them on their own and sober and they’re as quiet as mice. It’s embarrassing going away and getting that way at home recently. There’s better sports for children.

If you read the original post, it states a man in his fifties wearing a stags away shirt. Not the ones wearing 'the same brands'

Get your facts right first. I don't mind people blaming those ones for disorder, but personally I have seen more stags shirt wearing supporters spew bile out on many occasions to rival fans, players, refs etc
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:55 pm

nobby +1 wrote:Steve North nail on the head totally agree

So do I. Excellent post.

The only thing I would add is the expletives at times are worsened by the aggressive way they are spouted out.

It can be frightening, especially for a youngster who is enjoying a day out with his dad.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:38 pm

Yeah you hear loads of people saying you white raspberry :roll:
If you refer to the colour of a person, then it is racist, simple as. And not acceptable, although I never really understand why stewards do t get involved and eject said individuals?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:50 pm

1970Stag wrote:Yeah you hear loads of people saying you white raspberry :roll:
If you refer to the colour of a person, then it is racist, simple as. And not acceptable, although I never really understand why stewards do t get involved and eject said individuals?

Because in the stands the stewards are only part timers recruited on minimum wage qualified to cope and deal with very little and hoping against hope that the worst that happens is that they get asked where the toilets are. It's not just at Stags but at places like Welford Road Leicester or Trent Bridge. They're just on an afternoons pin money and don't want to put themselves in harms way.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:34 pm

DazMondo wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:It’s been like it for a long time mate and it’s the same yobs wearing the same sort of brands, bevied up. Get them on their own and sober and they’re as quiet as mice. It’s embarrassing going away and getting that way at home recently. There’s better sports for children.

If you read the original post, it states a man in his fifties wearing a stags away shirt. Not the ones wearing 'the same brands'

Get your facts right first. I don't mind people blaming those ones for disorder, but personally I have seen more stags shirt wearing supporters spew bile out on many occasions to rival fans, players, refs etc

Get my facts right hey. The facts are i’m Talking in general about attending away games and you’re getting a touch touchy of my use of “brands” as a word associated with yobs. It’s usually those yobs I see who are the trouble causes. This occasion it was probably different. I also don’t give a monkeys if you do mind either. Get over yourself!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:

Because in the stands the stewards are only part timers recruited on minimum wage qualified to cope and deal with very little and hoping against hope that the worst that happens is that they get asked where the toilets are. It's not just at Stags but at places like Welford Road Leicester or Trent Bridge. They're just on an afternoons pin money and don't want to put themselves in harms way.

If the culprits were easy targets :- ie 14/15yr old spotty oiks, they'd be in a head lock and ejaculated in no time.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:46 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
DazMondo wrote:

Get my facts right hey. The facts are i’m Talking in general about attending away games and you’re getting a touch touchy of my use of “brands” as a word associated with yobs. It’s usually those yobs I see who are the trouble causes. This occasion it was probably different. I also don’t give a monkeys if you do mind either. Get over yourself!!!

I couldn't give too hoots either youth, but causing trouble and shouting ignorant racist remarks are different in my book.
Both are unwarranted and i wasnt getting touchy, that's another perception of yours that isn't accurate.
You seem to be good at that.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martian » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

If the culprits were easy targets :- ie 14/15yr old spotty oiks, they'd be in a head lock and ejaculated in no time.

surely not in front of the chldren - ejected maybe
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Martian wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

surely not in front of the chldren - ejected maybe

:lol:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:15 pm

Every society has its “pond slime”

Mansfield certainly has its share.

MTFC is “blessed” with some
Edders
EdwinstoweStag