{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:03 pm

I'm looking forward to it too. I think we will do well. This will probably start a torrent of abuse but I think Rose could really come good this year. He was unsettled by all the talk about moving, he had a very bad injury which must have affected him psychologically as well as physically, and he looks fit and ready for it. I think he could be the difference.[/quote]

This is what I said on here pre season and I stand by it. He looked fit and ready for it pre season and I think he could get 25 goals this season
NorthLondonStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:05 pm

And you can still get around 20/1 for him to be top scorer in league 2
NorthLondonStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:08 pm

We cheated and conned our way to victory, who says....The Cumbrians message board :lol: :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6400
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:19 pm

What a win. Did not expect anything at all today - might take that approach towards games more often. Absolutely buzzing for Demps (with everything that’s gone on) and Rose. Hopefully that win kicks things off, and with 2 consecutive home games coming up the league table could look very healthy. Plymouth losing shows the league is wide open again this season. We’re 2 points off top... makes you wonder why people were having a melt down 2 games in...
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:58 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Carolyns clearly happy, i can only assume she's deflecting attention away from off field events with that picture though.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Carolyns clearly happy, i can only assume she's deflecting attention away from off field events with that picture though.



im sure she puts similar photos up when we win, or lose to cheer some up :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby pemill » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:35 pm

A draw at Carlisle is good, a win is impressive but a win and a clean sheet is heavenly.

Superb result :coys:
pemill
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:46 pm

NG17_stag wrote:What a win. Did not expect anything at all today - might take that approach towards games more often. Absolutely buzzing for Demps (with everything that’s gone on) and Rose. Hopefully that win kicks things off, and with 2 consecutive home games coming up the league table could look very healthy. Plymouth losing shows the league is wide open again this season. We’re 2 points off top... makes you wonder why people were having a melt down 2 games in...

Might be better being away from home. Less toxic.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14274
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Let's keep a clean sheet and 11 men on the pitch.

Box ticked :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20808
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:32 pm

steiner wrote:Lets put all this recent negativity behind us with a smile inducing 2-0 win. :D

:D :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20808
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:God that team doesn’t inspire. Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong.

You were :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20808
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:43 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I suspect 3-5-2.
Whute at CB and I assume one of Macca tomlinson and Bishop to be being the front 2. Likely MacDonald. However I can see this being very defensive with Rose and Maynard being isolated.

Alternatively Gordon can play right wing as well so could be 4-4-2, who gets to play left wing though is anyone's guess, probably Macca but Khan would have been a better starter over Macca (in any case in my opinion), then we could easily swap to 4-4-2 at any point. As it stands we need to make a sub to change it up. Or weaken ourselves with players out of position.


However you look at it, it is a dreadful midfield and a right back at CH when there's no need.
JD is already proving very uninspiring

What a drip
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20808
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:48 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I suspect 3-5-2.
Whute at CB and I assume one of Macca tomlinson and Bishop to be being the front 2. Likely MacDonald. However I can see this being very defensive with Rose and Maynard being isolated.

Alternatively Gordon can play right wing as well so could be 4-4-2, who gets to play left wing though is anyone's guess, probably Macca but Khan would have been a better starter over Macca (in any case in my opinion), then we could easily swap to 4-4-2 at any point. As it stands we need to make a sub to change it up. Or weaken ourselves with players out of position.


However you look at it, it is a dreadful midfield and a right back at CH when there's no need.
JD is already proving very uninspiring

What a drip


I know, the fringe players did well ;)
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6400
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
tmwilson wrote:Khan is the only surprise to me. Just because the site states that this player has been replaced by that player it doesn't necessarily mean for the same position. White could play at right back in a back four or right in a back three. Looks a strong side to me. Players could be dropped for tactical reasons. Anyway, a win would be nice. God help us if we lose. I've already taken myself of the stags Facebook page.


Strong in what way?

In the way we won 2-0 you faithless clown :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20808
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:56 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
tmwilson wrote:Khan is the only surprise to me. Just because the site states that this player has been replaced by that player it doesn't necessarily mean for the same position. White could play at right back in a back four or right in a back three. Looks a strong side to me. Players could be dropped for tactical reasons. Anyway, a win would be nice. God help us if we lose. I've already taken myself of the stags Facebook page.


Strong in what way?

In the way we won 2-0 you faithless clown :lol:


Ooooo been busy looking through for me, sad lad
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6400
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:03 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Been told it was a superb goal

It was, I doubt Cook would've had the athletisism to do what Dan did.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20808
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Carolyns clearly happy, i can only assume she's deflecting attention away from off field events with that picture though.


Next thing she'll be moaning about sexism in football.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8645
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Sneag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Carolyns clearly happy, i can only assume she's deflecting attention away from off field events with that picture though.


Next thing she'll be moaning about sexism in football.


Dunno about that but she has definitely been surgically enhanced.

And that’s a compliment. Love a set of falsies.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14274
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
tmwilson wrote:Khan is the only surprise to me. Just because the site states that this player has been replaced by that player it doesn't necessarily mean for the same position. White could play at right back in a back four or right in a back three. Looks a strong side to me. Players could be dropped for tactical reasons. Anyway, a win would be nice. God help us if we lose. I've already taken myself of the stags Facebook page.


Strong in what way?

In the way we won 2-0 you faithless clown :lol:


Ooooo been busy looking through for me, sad lad

Casting judgement before we've kicked off, who's the sad one again?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20808
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
tmwilson wrote:Khan is the only surprise to me. Just because the site states that this player has been replaced by that player it doesn't necessarily mean for the same position. White could play at right back in a back four or right in a back three. Looks a strong side to me. Players could be dropped for tactical reasons. Anyway, a win would be nice. God help us if we lose. I've already taken myself of the stags Facebook page.


Strong in what way?

In the way we won 2-0 you faithless clown :lol:


Ooooo been busy looking through for me, sad lad

Casting judgement before we've kicked off, who's the sad one again?


Only personal opinion, shame you haven't highlighted my FT post, very selective sad lad :roll:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6400
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:56 pm

Full time!!! Be nice if you showed some faith/support during the game for a change
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20808
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Spiritater wrote:Full time!!! Be nice if you showed some faith/support during the game for a change


Certainly too much macho willy-waving going on here.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:21 am

Great result. Just about to fetch the ingredients for the humble pie I am hoping JD will force me to eat
Everything Is Borrowed
User avatar
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:24 am

That comeback result at Newport looks a great point now. Plymouth couldn’t pick a point up there and other teams will struggle too.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3311
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby AlanStag » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:51 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:That comeback result at Newport looks a great point now. Plymouth couldn’t pick a point up there and other teams will struggle too.

There's an argument we should have won given the missed penalty and sending off. But Dempster doesn't have a clue what he's doing if you'd believe the local experts...
I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Mansfield 'till I die!
AlanStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bob ledgers barber, mans_field, patstag, Sandy Pate Best Stag, stagsfan6493, Tel and 60 guests