{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Anyone want David Flitcroft’s phone number, now?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:24 pm

BigGuy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
We also know that Brexit is a load of old steaming turd but we've made our bed now we must lie in it, even if we all know it was a mistake.



You might be disapointed to know that you don't speak for the majority of the nation. You certainly don't represent me.


Most educated folk now know it was and is a terrible decision, it’s pretty glaringly obvious.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby 88BenM » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:25 pm

adamstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:and we are back with the 'in rather bad taste' references to Flitcroft, shame some people can't be educated.

… once again, it has nothing to do with disagreeing with opinions, but the appalling taste in what your context refers to, look up Flitcroft's family history if your still naïve enough, that's if you can read mind.


:roll:


Stop using the other half of the 'bottling' lingo and understand that these things, however trivial they may seem to you, have implications and affect people that read this message board.

It's a simple request, really, and will avoid any unnecessary confrontation. Think on your use of language and words and stop being so defensive about it when you get pulled up on them, we're all mates on here really because we're all Stags and the common enemy is Chesterfield :lol:
User avatar
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Wrong side of the M1.

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:01 pm

adamstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
We also know that Brexit is a load of old steaming turd but we've made our bed now we must lie in it, even if we all know it was a mistake.



You might be disapointed to know that you don't speak for the majority of the nation. You certainly don't represent me.


Most educated folk now know it was and is a terrible decision, it’s pretty glaringly obvious.



Errr ... wise after the event, maybe?
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8294
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:14 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
We also know that Brexit is a load of old steaming turd but we've made our bed now we must lie in it, even if we all know it was a mistake.



You might be disapointed to know that you don't speak for the majority of the nation. You certainly don't represent me.


Most educated folk now know it was and is a terrible decision, it’s pretty glaringly obvious.



Errr ... wise after the event, maybe?


Certainly which is why “now know” was in there - including myself.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby AlanStag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
AlanStag wrote:Ridiculous thread, as others have said Flipflop failed twice and was generously given two bites at the cherry.
Backed to the hilt and still came short when it mattered.

We've played 2 games this season, win on Saturday and we're level with where we were last season.
Although as long as we're within touching distance JD can have a roll of the dice, it's about how you perform when the pressure builds in the final run it which will make or break your season.

Yes we did fail, but it was a great season.

This season just doesn't feel the same.

I want JD to succeed and get us promoted ,but I think it's a big ask given his experience.

I don't think last season was a great season, all I remember it for is losing the last 3 games and going into the play offs with no hope.
Still don't know how DF managed not to get promoted with attacking options of Walker, CJ, Grant, Kahn and Rose.

So just because this season doesn't "feel" the same we shouldn't get behind JD?

My opinion on the start is we overrated last season's defence which wasn't as bulletproof as it has been made out.
We need a dominant centre half to come in and take a hold of the defence.

In both league games JD didn't panic after going behind, like DF did multiple times by making first half substitutes, he changed the system and if we would have been clinical we would have won both games.
The defensive issues need addressing but in terms of selection and systems I'm not sure what else JD could have done differently so far.
I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Mansfield 'till I die!
AlanStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 am

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby spanishstag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:27 pm

adamstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
We also know that Brexit is a load of old steaming turd but we've made our bed now we must lie in it, even if we all know it was a mistake.



You might be disapointed to know that you don't speak for the majority of the nation. You certainly don't represent me.


Most educated folk now know it was and is a terrible decision, it’s pretty glaringly obvious.



Errr ... wise after the event, maybe?


Certainly which is why “now know” was in there - including myself.

Well we got paul cox from ilkeston didnt we adam ,you sure are knowledgable Not
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:04 pm

AlanStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
AlanStag wrote:Ridiculous thread, as others have said Flipflop failed twice and was generously given two bites at the cherry.
Backed to the hilt and still came short when it mattered.

We've played 2 games this season, win on Saturday and we're level with where we were last season.
Although as long as we're within touching distance JD can have a roll of the dice, it's about how you perform when the pressure builds in the final run it which will make or break your season.

Yes we did fail, but it was a great season.

This season just doesn't feel the same.

I want JD to succeed and get us promoted ,but I think it's a big ask given his experience.

I don't think last season was a great season, all I remember it for is losing the last 3 games and going into the play offs with no hope.
Still don't know how DF managed not to get promoted with attacking options of Walker, CJ, Grant, Kahn and Rose.

So just because this season doesn't "feel" the same we shouldn't get behind JD?

My opinion on the start is we overrated last season's defence which wasn't as bulletproof as it has been made out.
We need a dominant centre half to come in and take a hold of the defence.

In both league games JD didn't panic after going behind, like DF did multiple times by making first half substitutes, he changed the system and if we would have been clinical we would have won both games.
The defensive issues need addressing but in terms of selection and systems I'm not sure what else JD could have done differently so far.

I enjoyed going to games last season. For the most part there was a great positive atmosphere around the ground. Yes we did fall short of promotion, but for some appalling referring decisions we would have made the final. Had we done so I think we would have beaten Tranmere. As for another centre half, we had Ben Turner, who once he had gained some fitness looked the part. Right from the start of pre season something just doesn't seem right with the club. I could be completely mistaken.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:59 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
We also know that Brexit is a load of old steaming turd but we've made our bed now we must lie in it, even if we all know it was a mistake.



You might be disapointed to know that you don't speak for the majority of the nation. You certainly don't represent me.


Most educated folk now know it was and is a terrible decision, it’s pretty glaringly obvious.



Errr ... wise after the event, maybe?


Precisely Edders.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4515
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:15 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Can we not finally put Edders in the spam box? Producing posts like this coupled with current post rate is 1:2 of every other poster combined



Ouch! How jolly hurtful, Hitchers. And I hold you in such high esteem :(
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8294
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Several wanted DF out after 4 games. At least this time we've gone 1 better and started questioning the gaffer after 3! :P


Guess that what you might call 'progress' :D



In all honesty though, i'm genuinely unsure how a few folks might think we'd somehow be Team Invictus after appointing JD? Imo, he'll need at least 20 games with the fans behind the gaffer & team before we might have any inkling of his potential - otherwise i fear we're just a year behind the 'Notts County model to promotion' :shock:
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2941
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:19 pm

After 3 pages and 60 posts I can’t believe that none on Stagsnet answered the initial question.

The answer is No, we don’t know his phone number.

Spartacus to the rescue of Stagsnet yet again!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby lou c » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:59 pm

The question asked if 'anyone' knew the number.
I'm 100% certain that the answer is yes.
lou c
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:10 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:10 pm

0800-GALVANISE should anyone need it.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2394
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby scotsstag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:52 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:0800-GALVANISE should anyone need it.


And if that doesn't work try 0345-WEGOAGAIN.
scotsstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am
Location: SCOTLAND

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby Dan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:02 am

spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Errr ... wise after the event, maybe?


Certainly which is why “now know” was in there - including myself.

Well we got paul cox from ilkeston didnt we adam ,you sure are knowledgable Not


We actually got him from Eastwood not Ilkeston :oops:
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7530
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:13 am

Dan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Errr ... wise after the event, maybe?


Certainly which is why “now know” was in there - including myself.

Well we got paul cox from ilkeston didnt we adam ,you sure are knowledgable Not


We actually got him from Eastwood not Ilkeston :oops:

:lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:17 am

It does make me wonder if some players see JD as more of a mate than a manager. The discipline doesn’t seem to be there anymore and I’m not just talking about the lad being beat up. I’m also talking about the squaring up of players. We are all the same, if we have a soft boss we manipulate the situation, and I think this is what’s happening. Add to that the owners are out of town then boom!!! We need someone tough at the helm right now.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby spanishstag » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:53 am

Dan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Errr ... wise after the event, maybe?


Certainly which is why “now know” was in there - including myself.

Well we got paul cox from ilkeston didnt we adam ,you sure are knowledgable Not


We actually got him from Eastwood not Ilkeston :oops:


I know that ,i was just making sure a certain poster on TFF knew it :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:25 am

Dan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Errr ... wise after the event, maybe?


Certainly which is why “now know” was in there - including myself.

Well we got paul cox from ilkeston didnt we adam ,you sure are knowledgable Not


We actually got him from Eastwood not Ilkeston :oops:


Don’t worry dan, the lad can barely post let alone get facts right. He gets regularly mocked by all on the football forum too.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:57 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:Win on Saturday and that would be 5 points from 1 home and 2 away games . That is promotion form .

still too early to be panicking .


There you go , promotion form
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby jpstags » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:03 pm

At half time during the Newport game whilst trailing 0-2 I suggested a couple of posters on here would be quite happy how things were going because of their unhealthy infatuation with the previous manager. My post was lambasted by some on here. I believe the originator of this thread actually proved that point by actually creating this thread after just two league and one cup game.
jpstags
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:18 am

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:17 pm

jpstags wrote:At half time during the Newport game whilst trailing 0-2 I suggested a couple of posters on here would be quite happy how things were going because of their unhealthy infatuation with the previous manager. My post was lambasted by some on here. I believe the originator of this thread actually proved that point by actually creating this thread after just two league and one cup game.

Crap. No matter how much some people didn’t want Flitcroft to go, I don’t think a single one of them would want us to lose any game
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14365
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby jpstags » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:27 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
jpstags wrote:At half time during the Newport game whilst trailing 0-2 I suggested a couple of posters on here would be quite happy how things were going because of their unhealthy infatuation with the previous manager. My post was lambasted by some on here. I believe the originator of this thread actually proved that point by actually creating this thread after just two league and one cup game.

Crap. No matter how much some people didn’t want Flitcroft to go, I don’t think a single one of them would want us to lose any game


Give over, he couldn't wait to create this stupid/disrespectful post.
jpstags
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:18 am

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:29 pm

jpstags wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
jpstags wrote:At half time during the Newport game whilst trailing 0-2 I suggested a couple of posters on here would be quite happy how things were going because of their unhealthy infatuation with the previous manager. My post was lambasted by some on here. I believe the originator of this thread actually proved that point by actually creating this thread after just two league and one cup game.

Crap. No matter how much some people didn’t want Flitcroft to go, I don’t think a single one of them would want us to lose any game


Give over, he couldn't wait to create this stupid/disrespectful post.


It may be stupid and disrespectful but I doubt he wanted us to lose a game.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14365
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby jpstags » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
jpstags wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
jpstags wrote:At half time during the Newport game whilst trailing 0-2 I suggested a couple of posters on here would be quite happy how things were going because of their unhealthy infatuation with the previous manager. My post was lambasted by some on here. I believe the originator of this thread actually proved that point by actually creating this thread after just two league and one cup game.

Crap. No matter how much some people didn’t want Flitcroft to go, I don’t think a single one of them would want us to lose any game


Give over, he couldn't wait to create this stupid/disrespectful post.


It may be stupid and disrespectful but I doubt he wanted us to lose a game.


For once I'd like to think you were right but I seriously doubt it.
jpstags
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:18 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chrisuknottm, wayno cordiniho, Woodclanger 1 and 29 guests