{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time round!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby 88BenM » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:2nd Rd: Burton v Morecambe

Bullet dodged.


And some of our rivals got cracking draws to make their owners a bit of dosh!!!!


Chesterfield and Notts County didn't qualify as it is strictly for the elite 92 clubs in the country.
User avatar
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Wrong side of the M1.

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:39 pm

88BenM wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:2nd Rd: Burton v Morecambe

Bullet dodged.


And some of our rivals got cracking draws to make their owners a bit of dosh!!!!


Chesterfield and Notts County didn't qualify as it is strictly for the elite 92 clubs in the country.


They're not our rivals anymore :roll:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6235
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby Uncle » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Conker wrote:
Uncle wrote:It won't haunt the owner as much as the sacking. He could eat humble pie and bring him back though. Oh, and remind his wife that in order to "smash the league" you need a more than money.


David mate, you bottled it last season. You were not the answer, soz.


Maybe he did, but the crowds were entertained. I don't see 1000-1500 Stags travelling to away games any time soon.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:09 am

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Uncle wrote:
Conker wrote:
Uncle wrote:It won't haunt the owner as much as the sacking. He could eat humble pie and bring him back though. Oh, and remind his wife that in order to "smash the league" you need a more than money.


David mate, you bottled it last season. You were not the answer, soz.


Maybe he did, but the crowds were entertained. I don't see 1000-1500 Stags travelling to away games any time soon.



Yeh because our next three Away games are Carlisle, Exeter and Crawley :roll:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2411
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby adamstag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Uncle wrote:
Conker wrote:
Uncle wrote:It won't haunt the owner as much as the sacking. He could eat humble pie and bring him back though. Oh, and remind his wife that in order to "smash the league" you need a more than money.


David mate, you bottled it last season. You were not the answer, soz.


Maybe he did, but the crowds were entertained. I don't see 1000-1500 Stags travelling to away games any time soon.


Well 1000-1500 fans thought flitcroft would get us promoted, until he choked, again.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7348
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby BigGuy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:47 pm

As said previously, your tone is bang out of order, for obvious reasons.

Also, just from this thread alone, we are now falling out as supporters.

A majority from last season got what they wanted by getting rid of Flitcroft, live with the fallout for a while.
Last edited by BigGuy on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby NG17_stag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 pm

Sacking Flitcroft was not a massive shock. Some people would’ve kept him and some would’ve got rid. However, nobody would’ve thought to appoint Dempster that quickly - massive call from Radford. Time will tell if he’s dropped a clanger.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:51 pm

adamstag wrote:
Uncle wrote:
Conker wrote:
Uncle wrote:It won't haunt the owner as much as the sacking. He could eat humble pie and bring him back though. Oh, and remind his wife that in order to "smash the league" you need a more than money.


David mate, you bottled it last season. You were not the answer, soz.


Maybe he did, but the crowds were entertained. I don't see 1000-1500 Stags travelling to away games any time soon.


Well 1000-1500 fans thought flitcroft would get us promoted, until he choked, again.


We never do take 1000 fans early doors (unless its a big cup game i.e WBA) or localish league game. Towards the end of the season March onwards maybe.
Last edited by Stags 2002 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:41 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:52 pm

were only three games in and I don't think I can take much more :lol:

it's gonna be a long season. keep the faith
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5474
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby Onelove » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:57 pm

I didn't want us to get rid of flitcroft. It seemed harsh as it was the players who bottled it after he had them playing some lovely football at times. However, I understand that in the modern game, being so close on 2 occasions and not getting us over the line results in loosing your job. What surprised me more however, was dempster getting the job. I hope he proves me wrong and I will support him and the team. It is also early days with time to get it right but the team and players look disjointed at the moment. Rose has done well so far but the tactic seems to be to bypass the midfield and lump it up to rose at the earliest opportunity and I'm not sure we have those type of players
Onelove
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby SidneyOttewell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:06 pm

I think we all need to calm down. Three games in and whilst there are obvious weaknesses, we all have to give JD and LG more time. If we'd lost the first two matches, then I'd be more concerned. Let's see what happens over the next few games. Not a fan of Logan but would never jeer and boo him like some so-called fans did on Saturday and tonight. Mindless behaviour.
User avatar
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:25 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 pm

SidneyOttewell wrote:I think we all need to calm down. Three games in and whilst there are obvious weaknesses, we all have to give JD and LG more time. If we'd lost the first two matches, then I'd be more concerned. Let's see what happens over the next few games. Not a fan of Logan but would never jeer and boo him like some so-called fans did on Saturday and tonight. Mindless behaviour.



sensible post. I remember the conference promotion season, the first month or so was awful and no one believed we would go up as champions that year. And Cox had little experience managing a 'big' club either. If we can sort out our defence then I think we will be alright, but to call for the manager to be gone or to suggest Flitcroft coming back after three games is just absurd. Patience is needed.

a lot of fans seem to be losing patience after failing to gain promotion after 2 bites at the cherry and you can see by some of the knee jerk reactions on here.
Last edited by bobbystagsfan on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5474
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby adamstag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 pm

BigGuy wrote:As said previously, your tone is bang out of order, for obvious reasons.

Also, just from this thread alone, we are now falling out as supporters.

A majority from last season got what they wanted by getting rid of Flitcroft, live with the fallout for a while.


Not bang out of order at all.

He choked, bottled it. Whatever. We all wanted him to succeed, he didn’t, he couldn’t get over the line - JR chose to move on.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7348
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:14 pm

The difference is that Cox had successfully managed the team the previous season and the championship win was built upon that momentum, as was a respectable final position in our first season back in the league.

We missed the chance to build on last year's momentum by replacing the management team.
Everything Is Borrowed
User avatar
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:21 pm

SidneyOttewell wrote:I think we all need to calm down. Three games in and whilst there are obvious weaknesses, we all have to give JD and LG more time. If we'd lost the first two matches, then I'd be more concerned. Let's see what happens over the next few games. Not a fan of Logan but would never jeer and boo him like some so-called fans did on Saturday and tonight. Mindless behaviour.


Tonight's jeering and some of the comments on here are baffling. Did people really expect a new manager coming in to lead a team which had capitulated twice in two seasons to have a glorious unbeaten run?
There were issues last year and whilst there are some re positives our defence is clearly over the place.
Trying to change the team's has caused us issues and we have come up against two very well drilled teams and have not been able to beat them.

Some of the nonsense shouted tonight and posted on here including suggesting sacking the new manager and buying Darrell Clarke out of his League One contract defy belief.
We have to be patient with a new manager. One who remains unbeaten but who has to start sorting his defence
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:22 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
SidneyOttewell wrote:I think we all need to calm down. Three games in and whilst there are obvious weaknesses, we all have to give JD and LG more time. If we'd lost the first two matches, then I'd be more concerned. Let's see what happens over the next few games. Not a fan of Logan but would never jeer and boo him like some so-called fans did on Saturday and tonight. Mindless behaviour.


Tonight's jeering and some of the comments on here are baffling. Did people really expect a new manager coming in to lead a team which had capitulated twice in two seasons to have a glorious unbeaten run?
There were issues last year and whilst there are some re positives our defence is clearly over the place.
Trying to change the team's has caused us issues and we have come up against two very well drilled teams and have not been able to beat them.

Some of the nonsense shouted tonight and posted on here including suggesting sacking the new manager and buying Darrell Clarke out of his League One contract defy belief.
We have to be patient with a new manager. One who remains unbeaten but who has to start sorting his defence


Clarke is in League Two.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5411
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:28 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
SidneyOttewell wrote:I think we all need to calm down. Three games in and whilst there are obvious weaknesses, we all have to give JD and LG more time. If we'd lost the first two matches, then I'd be more concerned. Let's see what happens over the next few games. Not a fan of Logan but would never jeer and boo him like some so-called fans did on Saturday and tonight. Mindless behaviour.


Tonight's jeering and some of the comments on here are baffling. Did people really expect a new manager coming in to lead a team which had capitulated twice in two seasons to have a glorious unbeaten run?
There were issues last year and whilst there are some re positives our defence is clearly over the place.
Trying to change the team's has caused us issues and we have come up against two very well drilled teams and have not been able to beat them.

Some of the nonsense shouted tonight and posted on here including suggesting sacking the new manager and buying Darrell Clarke out of his League One contract defy belief.
We have to be patient with a new manager. One who remains unbeaten but who has to start sorting his defence


Clarke is in League Two.


My grammar is shocking in that post as well!
Point holds that it is unrealistic that we would sack Dempster and woo Clark from a new club and contract
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby chip63 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 pm

The good the bad and the ugly of the Internet tonight.
Think it was better when you talked over a pint after and before each game and waited for the Chad. (Good)
Calling for the manager to be sacked after 2 unbeaten league games. (Bad)
The calling of individual players performance after 3 games. (Ugly)

:coys: :coys:
chip63
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:32 pm

i said at the time we were a week to late in asking the last manager, Clarke only signed the week before for the saddlers
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9422
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby adamstag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:47 pm

Would be interesting to see if someone could collate our recent penalty shoot out success?

It’s got to be a pretty low percentage.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7348
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:41 pm

I love JR to bits and he and Carolyn have turned this club around beyond all belief but he has one major flaw
He appoints managers much too quickly and I think he has dropped a clanger here with JD I really think he is out of his depth and it is a very uncomfortable feeling and this season might be a flop but not a Flip flop hopefully
I agree early days and all that ands support the new regime but signs not so good and nobody would have thought that Morecombe would be a team to worry about.
Can't see much coming from the next game as Carlisle won 3 nil away at Barnsley and they had 11 players!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3251
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 am

Barnsley played their kids
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:08 am

Thank god for that oh bearded one!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3251
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:19 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
SidneyOttewell wrote:I think we all need to calm down. Three games in and whilst there are obvious weaknesses, we all have to give JD and LG more time. If we'd lost the first two matches, then I'd be more concerned. Let's see what happens over the next few games. Not a fan of Logan but would never jeer and boo him like some so-called fans did on Saturday and tonight. Mindless behaviour.


Tonight's jeering and some of the comments on here are baffling. Did people really expect a new manager coming in to lead a team which had capitulated twice in two seasons to have a glorious unbeaten run?
There were issues last year and whilst there are some re positives our defence is clearly over the place.
Trying to change the team's has caused us issues and we have come up against two very well drilled teams and have not been able to beat them.

Some of the nonsense shouted tonight and posted on here including suggesting sacking the new manager and buying Darrell Clarke out of his League One contract defy belief.
We have to be patient with a new manager. One who remains unbeaten but who has to start sorting his defence


Clarke is in League Two.


My grammar is shocking in that post as well!
Point holds that it is unrealistic that we would sack Dempster and woo Clark from a new club and contract


It is not out the realms of possibility at all IMO.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: Morecambe League Cup scorefred sponsored by 2nd time rou

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:26 am

It would be financial suicide. Not only would we have to pay off Demps, we would have to pay off any backroom staff Clarke doesn't want. We would have to pay compensation for Clarke. Clarke would likely want to bring in a few players. Then Clarke will be hamstrung with players taking up budget he doesn't want and have to sell them or get them to leave. This is a part of how Flitcroft lost his job (note: I said part of) and Clarke could end up the same. Its is eerily close to what happened at County.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dave Wayne, gazza1988, Google [Bot], Kenwood, LincolnStag11, Norman, NorthLondonStag, Richard Cranium, tuopolfpilf, wayno cordiniho, yorkshire stag and 37 guests