{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Men v Boys

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Men v Boys

Postby victor A block » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Dempsters management style will certainly come under scrutiny . Two really poor first halves, two ridiculous sendings off that effectively have killed the chance in 2 games to get all 3 points when we have been on top .. A keeper falling out with his teammates and supporters .
He's not managing the kids anymore .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Re: Men v Boys

Postby yorkstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:44 pm

I think he knows that don’t you?

All will be fine
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 pm

victor A block wrote:Dempsters management style will certainly come under scrutiny . Two really poor first halves, two ridiculous sendings off that effectively have killed the chance in 2 games to get all 3 points when we have been on top .. A keeper falling out with his teammates and supporters .

:lol: what a joke post.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:46 pm

yorkstag wrote:I think he knows that don’t you?

All will be fine

Let’s hope so. But please send Conrad on “garden leave”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:47 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
victor A block wrote:Dempsters management style will certainly come under scrutiny . Two really poor first halves, two ridiculous sendings off that effectively have killed the chance in 2 games to get all 3 points when we have been on top .. A keeper falling out with his teammates and supporters .

Why, every line was fact?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

Not all jokes are fiction !
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:57 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

You're right, you exist
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

You're right, you exist

Salty....
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

You should know by now Woody that this Forum is the exclusive realm of a select few who have the power to decide the opinions of us all and woe betide we should have the gall to disagree with them.

Logan has been the same for two years now....inability to come off his line and command his box.....Dempster did nothing for 70 minutes today despite the woeful performance and his first visible decision was nulled and voided as the brilliant Danny Rose scored so he told Cook to sit down. I thought Rose and maynard looked a great combination today....give them some service from midfield and they could fly together
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Dempster changed it after half an hour by moving CJ to the left and going 3-5-2 from 4-4-2.

So how you can say he did nothing is unbelievable. Where you at the match today?
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:48 pm

part time pete wrote:Dempster changed it after half an hour by moving CJ to the left and going 3-5-2 from 4-4-2.

So how you can say he did nothing is unbelievable. Where you at the match today?

Who'd have thought CJ plays on the left. Maybe we can try and turn him into a left wideman :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:50 pm

part time pete wrote:Dempster changed it after half an hour by moving CJ to the left and going 3-5-2 from 4-4-2.

Yes I was but CJ was still ineffective and Ive asked elsewhere what transformed him in the second half? the crowd around our seats thought he was injured in the first half and were shocked when all the subsitutes were all on the pitch at half time and he came out a different player. He hasnt been the same player since the transfer rumours in Janauary. Despite the woeul performance and inability to pass through midfield JD made no substitutions until the last ten minutes and then took off two of the best three players on the pitch??
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Who'd have thought CJ plays on the left. Maybe we can try and turn him into a left wideman :roll:

The reason CJ was on the right to start was to accommodate Khan. Khan has told everyone that he prefers to play on the left.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:57 pm

part time pete wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

The reason CJ was on the right to start was to accommodate Khan. Khan has told everyone that he prefers to play on the left.

So pick one Pete instead of shoehorning, he gets paid for these difficult decisions.
McDonald came as a right winger apparently, so play him there so he can't continue to look out his depth in midfield.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:11 pm

Anybody that thinks that this team will be anywhere near the top of the league under this management, needs treatment.
Shapeless turgid football, with the team not knowing what formation they are supposed to be playing..
Team patently not as fit as last season ,at this time, complete with massive indiscipline. Unable to press a team that I will surely be down at the bottom of the league and create any sort of intensity throughout the 90 minutes.
Manager will be gone by Christmas and it will be another season wasted.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:30 pm

We all have so much hope and expectation of CJ Hamilton. Maybe this has blinded us to his obvious inadequacies?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:42 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

Try going to a game
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:56 pm

bigalstag wrote:Anybody that thinks that this team will be anywhere near the top of the league under this management, needs treatment.
Shapeless turgid football, with the team not knowing what formation they are supposed to be playing..
Team patently not as fit as last season ,at this time, complete with massive indiscipline. Unable to press a team that I will surely be down at the bottom of the league and create any sort of intensity throughout the 90 minutes.

Ouch youth :shock:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:56 pm

A good post about opinions and questions of management.
My opinion is that he's not stubborn and I never thought even at 2-0 down we would lose.
Any team that comes back from 2-0 down to get a result to me says a lot.
Who knows what will happen if we take the lead first.

Unbeaten home and away.
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:06 am

bigalstag wrote:Anybody that thinks that this team will be anywhere near the top of the league under this management, needs treatment.

what do you suggest we do then?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:24 am

I fully expect that the fans wanting Flitcroft to be given more time will be the same ones wanting Dempster fired before Christmas.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:58 am

Sneag wrote:I fully expect that the fans wanting Flitcroft to be given more time will be the same ones wanting Dempster fired before Christmas.

I'll back JD all the way, but this adage of 'anyone can manage a team of this quality to promotion' maybe highlights how much actually goes into management?
Last edited by MutinyOnTheCounty on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:59 am

I think you should take over the side, your in depth knowledge after watching 180 minutes of 19/20 season is unbelievable.

See you at Carlisle.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:01 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

So pick one Pete instead of shoehorning, he gets paid for these difficult decisions.
McDonald came as a right winger apparently, so play him there so he can't continue to look out his depth in midfield.

Maybe the answer is to sell one of them and use the money to buy a tenacious midfielder. Someone like Ladabie for instance.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby HughesyStag89 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:14 am

I don’t like picking out individual players at all but I honestly think Aidan stone deserves a chance and see how he goes.. when Olejnik returns I think he will come back eager, hyped up and ready to go but for me Logan is not what some make out he is, he had a couple of good games when the nation was watching on sky sports but honestly can anyone say he’s done much else ?

By the way if you read this Binchy love the article you wrote in FourFourTwo.. Hope the best for you and your family’s future..

Hunter
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum