{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Logan

Postby wardy12345 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:57 am

For the first goal the defence was completely out of position and logan was slow to react.

Second goal cj was slow to close down the cross logan came out but didn’t claim the ball causing confusion with the chief who left the ball for logan so the ball was left for a tap in
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 8:27 am

Re: Logan

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:09 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Random Hero wrote:This is peak Stagsnet to be honest. We aren’t allowed to criticise a single player now without someone saying he is ‘giving his all’. :lol:

Lads I’d give my left testicle to play for the Stags and help us win, but that’s means nothing. Conrad Logan is a complete and utter liability. I wish this was a nice game, but it isn’t, and he’s will cost us points once again this season... he has to be replaced.

Replace him with who though? It’s probably too late.


Err ... the lad on the bench wearing a goalkeeper kit
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Logan

Postby Jimstag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:12 am

pemill wrote:
Stag95 wrote:The sooner Bobby is back the better.


Don't kid yourself it would have made any difference yesterday or at Newport, the defence have got to defend.


Completely agree, I’ve said at both games now that it didn’t look like the defence has played together before. I also don’t think we have the right balance in the middle but with Mellis, Tomlinson and Donahue out/returning there are few options.
I don’t think Logan has been particularly to blame for the goals, there were already too many mistakes prior to the second goal yesterday as we lost the ball too easily on the right, then Ellison had forever to get the ball in which Pearce gets caught out by, then Logan is in no mans land but by that stage you have to feel the odds would always be against him.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:09 am

Re: Logan

Postby FarnieStag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:16 am

What will the boo boys do when/If Conrad is dropped and Bobby or other new keeper makes the inevitable league 2 goalie errors? The answer is they'll find another scapegoat. It's a good job the Radfords are chucking stupid amounts of cash in salaries as I don't think players would want to play in front of our fans otherwise.
Logan is a good keeper at this level. It was the defence in front of him that was poor yesterday
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Re: Logan

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:32 am

FarnieStag wrote:What will the boo boys do when/If Conrad is dropped and Bobby or other new keeper makes the inevitable league 2 goalie errors? The answer is they'll find another scapegoat. It's a good job the Radfords are chucking stupid amounts of cash in salaries as I don't think players would want to play in front of our fans otherwise.
Logan is a good keeper at this level. It was the defence in front of him that was poor yesterday


No one expects 4th division keeper (or any keeper for that matter) to be infallable, they all make mistakes.

It's the frequency of those mistakes that determine a keeper's worth.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8527
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Logan

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:41 am

Sneag wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:What will the boo boys do when/If Conrad is dropped and Bobby or other new keeper makes the inevitable league 2 goalie errors? The answer is they'll find another scapegoat. It's a good job the Radfords are chucking stupid amounts of cash in salaries as I don't think players would want to play in front of our fans otherwise.
Logan is a good keeper at this level. It was the defence in front of him that was poor yesterday


No one expects 4th division keeper (or any keeper for that matter) to be infallable, they all make mistakes.

It's the frequency of those mistakes that determine a keeper's worth.


Just hurry back Bobby before it’s too late
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9689
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Logan

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:46 am

Sneag wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:What will the boo boys do when/If Conrad is dropped and Bobby or other new keeper makes the inevitable league 2 goalie errors? The answer is they'll find another scapegoat. It's a good job the Radfords are chucking stupid amounts of cash in salaries as I don't think players would want to play in front of our fans otherwise.
Logan is a good keeper at this level. It was the defence in front of him that was poor yesterday


No one expects 4th division keeper (or any keeper for that matter) to be infallable, they all make mistakes.

It's the frequency of those mistakes that determine a keeper's worth.


Which is fine if they are mistakes, how anyone can blame Logan for the 1st goal is beyond me, for the 2nd in hindsight he should have stayed on his line, but Pearce was also at fault, more so than Logan for me. Now our experts on here are calling for him to be replaced by a young lad they've never seen. One mistake, they'll be slagging him off too.
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:33 am

Re: Logan

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:03 pm

We actually saw him complete a full game against Forest under 23's and he looked quite competent to me. Of course you can't judge a keeper properly until you've seen him play a good few games.

I think Mr Logan is an excellent shot stopper but poor on crosses and decision making. I don't know what the new lad will be like long term.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Logan

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:We actually saw him complete a full game against Forest under 23's and he looked quite competent to me. Of course you can't judge a keeper properly until you've seen him play a good few games.

I think Mr Logan is an excellent shot stopper but poor on crosses and decision making. I don't know what the new lad will be like long term.



I would assume stone will get a run out Tuesday, if he performs very well there is a chance he could pip Logan
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5759
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Logan

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:15 pm

The new lad could be great at dealing with crosses, he might just be poor 1 on 1 or something.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6350
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Logan

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:26 pm

FarnieStag wrote:What will the boo boys do when/If Conrad is dropped and Bobby or other new keeper makes the inevitable league 2 goalie errors? The answer is they'll find another scapegoat. It's a good job the Radfords are chucking stupid amounts of cash in salaries as I don't think players would want to play in front of our fans otherwise.
Logan is a good keeper at this level. It was the defence in front of him that was poor yesterday


Yeh ... like you know just how much the club is paying salaries!
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Logan

Postby Vice President » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:59 pm

I have never seen a Stags goal keeper criticised as much as Logan.

Looking back at previous Mansfield promotion winning sides (at a similar level) we have had the likes of: Alan Marriott, Kevin Pilkington, Kevin Hitchcock, and Rod Arnold. It is all very well people saying "well this is league 2 - we can't expect great keepers" ... but the afore-mentioned keepers are the standard that we should realistically expect if we are going for promotion. Having seen Conrad Logan over the last two years, I don't think that he is anywhere near as reliable as any of the above - and that is the standard that we need.
John Dempster missed a trick over the summer regarding the all important goal keeper position. I don't know what Logan's contract situation was - but we should have been looking for a top (Number 1) keeper over the summer, with Conrad and Bobby (who might not be the same when he comes back) fighting for the number 2 spot. Instead JD has gone for a youth back-up .... which has significantly weakened our GK/defence this season.

Unfortunately, this has also coincided with the fact that our previously strong defence suddenly appears to have imploded.

If we are still complaining about the GK situation later in the season - the accountability rests with the manager - who has actually had 2 years to assess what was needed.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1994
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: Logan

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Defence at fault yesterday, Logan made a cracking save from Ellison to stop it being 3-0. He's a league two keeper and quite a good one.... This place always needs one player to jump on.

Bobby will be back soon anyway

The manager has had two years to asses?? He's only been incharge for a few months, he's not watched every game since Conrad has been here. fgs idiots everywhere.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Logan

Postby Jamie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Logan was at fault for the 2nd... and for nearly getting lobbed like that. I think a lot of the frustration comes from his slow distribution and poor kicking. The mocking that led to him sarcastically clapping was because he did get it out quickly and accurately for once.

Some of the moaning about him went and is still going too far. Hes a decent keeper for this level and in fact most keepers at this level cost you points at some stage. The problem comes when they're doing it too often. That isn't the case for Logan yet, especially as we've only played twice.

I think he also took the brunt of the fans anger at the teams performance yesterday, more so than just his own.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5032
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Logan

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Jamie wrote:Logan was at fault for the 2nd... and for nearly getting lobbed like that. I think a lot of the frustration comes from his slow distribution and poor kicking. The mocking that led to him sarcastically clapping was because he did get it out quickly and accurately for once.

Some of the moaning about him went and is still going too far. Hes a decent keeper for this level and in fact most keepers at this level cost you points at some stage. The problem comes when they're doing it too often. That isn't the case for Logan yet, especially as we've only played twice.

I think he also took the brunt of the fans anger at the teams performance yesterday, more so than just his own.


Jamie, i cannot see how any keeper would have saved the 60 yard free kick. Genuinely think it is wrong to blame for that in any way and the sarcastic cheering and clapping started when he caught the ball not when he got rid of it. It was taking the pee out of a keeper for catching a ball and was embarrassinb
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Logan

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Vice President wrote:I have never seen a Stags goal keeper criticised as much as Logan.

Looking back at previous Mansfield promotion winning sides (at a similar level) we have had the likes of: Alan Marriott, Kevin Pilkington, Kevin Hitchcock, and Rod Arnold. It is all very well people saying "well this is league 2 - we can't expect great keepers" ... but the afore-mentioned keepers are the standard that we should realistically expect if we are going for promotion. Having seen Conrad Logan over the last two years, I don't think that he is anywhere near as reliable as any of the above - and that is the standard that we need.
John Dempster missed a trick over the summer regarding the all important goal keeper position. I don't know what Logan's contract situation was - but we should have been looking for a top (Number 1) keeper over the summer, with Conrad and Bobby (who might not be the same when he comes back) fighting for the number 2 spot. Instead JD has gone for a youth back-up .... which has significantly weakened our GK/defence this season.

Unfortunately, this has also coincided with the fact that our previously strong defence suddenly appears to have imploded.

If we are still complaining about the GK situation later in the season - the accountability rests with the manager - who has actually had 2 years to assess what was needed.

Rod Arnold and Kevin Hitchcock I haven't seen play. Pilks gave away a throw in at every goal kick, pee poor distribution. Alan Marriott was the more all round GK. However, one point is you are comparing our current 2nd choice goalkeeper to previous 1st choice keepers who gained a promotion while here. So let's compare backup keepers, Michael Bingham was backup to pilks a young lad. Shane Redmond was backup to Marriott. I think Conrad is better than those 2.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6350
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Logan

Postby FarnieStag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:06 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:What will the boo boys do when/If Conrad is dropped and Bobby or other new keeper makes the inevitable league 2 goalie errors? The answer is they'll find another scapegoat. It's a good job the Radfords are chucking stupid amounts of cash in salaries as I don't think players would want to play in front of our fans otherwise.
Logan is a good keeper at this level. It was the defence in front of him that was poor yesterday


Yeh ... like you know just how much the club is paying salaries!


Wow.... the original poster doesn't think our players are at the top of the League 2 payscale? Do you really think the likes of Maynard come to Mansfield for any reason other than we're the highest payers?
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Re: Logan

Postby adamstag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:26 pm

All you had to do was look at the morecambe gk yesterday, commanded his box well, played quick and short from the back, claimed crosses well - you then had poor Conrad.

Ironic than the one time he actually comes off his line he gets it wrong, you couldn’t script it.

It’s really encouraging and heart-warning to hear bobby isn’t too far off being ready
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7583
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Logan

Postby bigalstag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:09 pm

The point about Logan, is that,after a season and a half, he still has the same frailties. There has been no improvement in that time. That and his weight problems, which appear even greater this season (must hinder his mobility and therefore his decision making), and there is little wonder he attracts criticism.Surely a player in a professional environment, should be in better shape than he is.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: Logan

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:11 pm

If only our problem was Logan. The problem is much more than Logan. I suppose it's easier to blame just one person
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6223
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 am

Re: Logan

Postby m1cksut » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:18 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Pilks gave away a throw in at every goal kick, pee poor distribution.


Pilkington was lucky.
lucky that the outfield could score goals for fun, because he was a complete liability in goal, apparently he was a good shot-stopper.
i think he was awful at everything, and was riding his luck on the strength of his man ure connection.
wouldnt have paid him in washers, never mind threepenny bits!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
User avatar
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Logan

Postby smulls » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:34 pm

Kevin Pressman, Paddy Gamble and Jason Piercey were worst goalkeepers since Rod Arnold era.
smulls
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:41 am

Re: Logan

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:44 pm

m1cksut wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Pilks gave away a throw in at every goal kick, pee poor distribution.


Pilkington was lucky.
lucky that the outfield could score goals for fun, because he was a complete liability in goal, apparently he was a good shot-stopper.
i think he was awful at everything, and was riding his luck on the strength of his man ure connection.
wouldnt have paid him in washers, never mind threepenny bits!


Pilko couldn't kick to save his life, but he was an otherwise competent keeper, with a pretty awful defence in front of him for much of his time here.

Prone to the occassional howler, but they were just that, occassional.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8527
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Logan

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:51 pm

FarnieStag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:What will the boo boys do when/If Conrad is dropped and Bobby or other new keeper makes the inevitable league 2 goalie errors? The answer is they'll find another scapegoat. It's a good job the Radfords are chucking stupid amounts of cash in salaries as I don't think players would want to play in front of our fans otherwise.
Logan is a good keeper at this level. It was the defence in front of him that was poor yesterday


Yeh ... like you know just how much the club is paying salaries!


Wow.... the original poster doesn't think our players are at the top of the League 2 payscale? Do you really think the likes of Maynard come to Mansfield for any reason other than we're the highest payers?


I didn’t say that, so please don’t put words in my mouth. You would be better improving your own by avoiding sweeping and unsubstantiated assumptions. I’m not saying you are wrong. I am just saying that you do not possess any real facts on the subject (IMO).

Yes - I was the original poster - in which I was critical of Conrad Logan. Not because of his salary - just because he is not good enough (again IMO)

Wow!
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Logan

Postby pemill » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:13 pm

adamstag wrote:All you had to do was look at the morecambe gk yesterday, commanded his box well, played quick and short from the back, claimed crosses well - you then had poor Conrad.


By the same standards some folk are applying to Conrad, Roche also had a shocker yesterday. For one our second goal was a carbon copy of their second goal, so Roche must have been in a bad position and caught flat footed, and why on earth did he Parry Macca's shot, and straight to Maynard for a tap in.
pemill
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:32 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobbystagsfan, Hjeldefan, La Manga Stag, sw19stag and 16 guests