{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby pemill » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:27 am

Time after time Conrad has saved us this season yet people are still apportioning blame, they really do need to give their heads shake.

Faultless yesterday in fact he kept us in the game, after Mals stupid school boy defending to giveaway the penalty Conrad saved it and set up a platform to go and win the game.

I for one with many others were hoping he would save it, I don't understand anyone who wouldn't
pemill
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:29 am

He's had a good season overall.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4538
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:41 am

I think he's had a decent season, maybe his problem last season was he'd got too skinny. :D

He had one moment of madness yesterday but was otherwise outstanding. Our MoM by a mile.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8799
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby stag861 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:44 am

He's getting better. Is this to do with Bobby challenging for the spot?
Or, perhaps, that Conrad & Bobby are doing the goalie coaching?
Or, perhaps, the fans are not on his back?
Interesting comments this week about Xhaka at Arsenal receiving counselling. The foul and abusive stick Conrad & CJ (&JD) have had this season are well out of order and do the players / manager no good for their confidence.
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 am

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:57 am

stag861 wrote:He's getting better. Is this to do with Bobby challenging for the spot?
Or, perhaps, that Conrad & Bobby are doing the goalie coaching?
Or, perhaps, the fans are not on his back?
Interesting comments this week about Xhaka at Arsenal receiving counselling. The foul and abusive stick Conrad & CJ (&JD) have had this season are well out of order and do the players / manager no good for their confidence.


Err - the club EMPLOYS a counsellor - another (non-related) Broughton.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8296
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:58 am

He’s getting better because this season he’s having to do double the work. That’s twice as many shots to save and crosses etc. Our minds have been swayed by the fact he touches the ball more. When he’s got less to do, then I’d worry about him again. He looks better because atm he’s the best of a terrible bunch.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:23 am

The big fella had a great game.

End of!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:20 pm

I’m not a Logan fan but fair does to him yesterday, he was outstanding
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:26 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:I’m not a Logan fan but fair does to him yesterday, he was outstanding

And yet we ship three goals, just shows how poor our defending has got.

When you compare it to last season ( with the same players ), it's a tragedy.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6358
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Logan on track for player of the season... hes doing it all on his own at present.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:46 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:He’s getting better because this season he’s having to do double the work. That’s twice as many shots to save and crosses etc. Our minds have been swayed by the fact he touches the ball more. When he’s got less to do, then I’d worry about him again. He looks better because atm he’s the best of a terrible bunch.

How, in one paragraph, do you go from stating he's getting better to then saying he only looks better because the defence isnt playing well?

Conrad is what conrad is. Flitcroft wanted to play with a "sweeper keeper" who comes out of his goal regularly to "mop up" and release to a player in a advanced position and go on the attack again. Conrad doesn't have the experience or the speed or the fitness to do that all game. He's played for sides that don't release from the back but are the old "everyone go to one side of the pitch ready to win the header" kind of play. Olejnik has experience in releasing the ball early to a teammates feet.

Conrad has certainly improved his early distribution this season but old habits die hard. In my opinion it is also why Evans preferred logan, because he's direct with his distribution and that's how Evans played. Under Flitcroft we built from the back, that's why Olejnik played better.

You could argue case in point, Olejnik in the cup, he struggled. You've got the flip side to that being he's been out for months.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:58 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:He’s getting better because this season he’s having to do double the work. That’s twice as many shots to save and crosses etc. Our minds have been swayed by the fact he touches the ball more. When he’s got less to do, then I’d worry about him again. He looks better because atm he’s the best of a terrible bunch.

How, in one paragraph, do you go from stating he's getting better to then saying he only looks better because the defence isnt playing well?

Conrad is what conrad is. Flitcroft wanted to play with a "sweeper keeper" who comes out of his goal regularly to "mop up" and release to a player in a advanced position and go on the attack again. Conrad doesn't have the experience or the speed or the fitness to do that all game. He's played for sides that don't release from the back but are the old "everyone go to one side of the pitch ready to win the header" kind of play. Olejnik has experience in releasing the ball early to a teammates feet.

Conrad has certainly improved his early distribution this season but old habits die hard. In my opinion it is also why Evans preferred logan, because he's direct with his distribution and that's how Evans played. Under Flitcroft we built from the back, that's why Olejnik played better.

You could argue case in point, Olejnik in the cup, he struggled. You've got the flip side to that being he's been out for months.

I actually mean in the eyes of the observer. Not that he’s actually improved. It seems like he’s improved because he’s called upon more often due to our poor midfield and defence. I didn’t think he was that bad anyway just clanger prone. When you have less to do like he did last season, and are called upon, you might not be as alert. This season he’s more alert due to having double the workload. Just the way it seems to me anyway.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:27 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:He’s getting better because this season he’s having to do double the work. That’s twice as many shots to save and crosses etc. Our minds have been swayed by the fact he touches the ball more. When he’s got less to do, then I’d worry about him again. He looks better because atm he’s the best of a terrible bunch.

How, in one paragraph, do you go from stating he's getting better to then saying he only looks better because the defence isnt playing well?

Conrad is what conrad is. Flitcroft wanted to play with a "sweeper keeper" who comes out of his goal regularly to "mop up" and release to a player in a advanced position and go on the attack again. Conrad doesn't have the experience or the speed or the fitness to do that all game. He's played for sides that don't release from the back but are the old "everyone go to one side of the pitch ready to win the header" kind of play. Olejnik has experience in releasing the ball early to a teammates feet.

Conrad has certainly improved his early distribution this season but old habits die hard. In my opinion it is also why Evans preferred logan, because he's direct with his distribution and that's how Evans played. Under Flitcroft we built from the back, that's why Olejnik played better.

You could argue case in point, Olejnik in the cup, he struggled. You've got the flip side to that being he's been out for months.

I actually mean in the eyes of the observer. Not that he’s actually improved. It seems like he’s improved because he’s called upon more often due to our poor midfield and defence. I didn’t think he was that bad anyway just clanger prone. When you have less to do like he did last season, and are called upon, you might not be as alert. This season he’s more alert due to having double the workload. Just the way it seems to me anyway.


I see your point. Sorry, I misread your comment.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Logan done very well but would give Bobby a game in FA Cup tie
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby wink68 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:45 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:He’s getting better because this season he’s having to do double the work. That’s twice as many shots to save and crosses etc. Our minds have been swayed by the fact he touches the ball more. When he’s got less to do, then I’d worry about him again. He looks better because atm he’s the best of a terrible bunch.

How, in one paragraph, do you go from stating he's getting better to then saying he only looks better because the defence isnt playing well?

Conrad is what conrad is. Flitcroft wanted to play with a "sweeper keeper" who comes out of his goal regularly to "mop up" and release to a player in a advanced position and go on the attack again. Conrad doesn't have the experience or the speed or the fitness to do that all game. He's played for sides that don't release from the back but are the old "everyone go to one side of the pitch ready to win the header" kind of play. Olejnik has experience in releasing the ball early to a teammates feet.

Conrad has certainly improved his early distribution this season but old habits die hard. In my opinion it is also why Evans preferred logan, because he's direct with his distribution and that's how Evans played. Under Flitcroft we built from the back, that's why Olejnik played better.

You could argue case in point, Olejnik in the cup, he struggled. You've got the flip side to that being he's been out for months.

If Conrad came out of his box he could be the furthest player forward at times this season.
wink68
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby magicstag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Conrad is having a good season .
Think if someone looks at the stats for passing the ball
He would be top, because of all the back passes to him
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby ironbru » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:08 pm

magicstag wrote:Conrad is having a good season .
Think if someone looks at the stats for passing the ball
He would be top, because of all the back passes to him


Yes of all the players on the pitch he is the only one that passes the ball FORWARD
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:19 am

ironbru wrote:
magicstag wrote:Conrad is having a good season .
Think if someone looks at the stats for passing the ball
He would be top, because of all the back passes to him


Yes of all the players on the pitch he is the only one that passes the ball FORWARD

.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8296
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:25 am

I get your point bud.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20875
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Spiritater » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Well done Conrad, important save at 0-0.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20875
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby MOTG » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:50 pm

I’ve not been his biggest fan but I will always give credit where it’s due. A very good save Conrad at a very important time in the game .
Also he was at least trying to motivate the players and he could be heard loudly from IG lower stand.
Overall there has been a lack of Communication this season especially with layers trying to spur others on !
Jamie McGuire have a word with them please to how it should be done.
MOTG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:59 pm

MOTG wrote:I’ve not been his biggest fan but I will always give credit where it’s due. A very good save Conrad at a very important time in the game .
Also he was at least trying to motivate the players and he could be heard loudly from IG lower stand.
Overall there has been a lack of Communication this season especially with layers trying to spur others on !
Jamie McGuire have a word with them please to how it should be done.



We've enough red cards as it is :P

I know some want to see Bobby back in goal (myself included if i'm honest), but only based on merit. Our defence had lost it's calmed assurance and organisation, maybe Bobby has too under the new regime. Either way, it's good to see Conrad win some plaudits
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:21 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
MOTG wrote:I’ve not been his biggest fan but I will always give credit where it’s due. A very good save Conrad at a very important time in the game .
Also he was at least trying to motivate the players and he could be heard loudly from IG lower stand.
Overall there has been a lack of Communication this season especially with layers trying to spur others on !
Jamie McGuire have a word with them please to how it should be done.



We've enough red cards as it is :P

I know some want to see Bobby back in goal (myself included if i'm honest), but only based on merit. Our defence had lost it's calmed assurance and organisation, maybe Bobby has too under the new regime. Either way, it's good to see Conrad win some plaudits


Totally agree with the other comments. From the first time I saw him Conrad fills me with fear regarding his inability to take crosses and command his six yard box but credit where credit is due he's been the most consistent performer over the past few weeks and his save after 80 minutes of inactivity against Corley was top draw .
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
MOTG wrote:I’ve not been his biggest fan but I will always give credit where it’s due. A very good save Conrad at a very important time in the game .
Also he was at least trying to motivate the players and he could be heard loudly from IG lower stand.
Overall there has been a lack of Communication this season especially with layers trying to spur others on !
Jamie McGuire have a word with them please to how it should be done.



We've enough red cards as it is :P

I know some want to see Bobby back in goal (myself included if i'm honest), but only based on merit. Our defence had lost it's calmed assurance and organisation, maybe Bobby has too under the new regime. Either way, it's good to see Conrad win some plaudits


Totally agree with the other comments. From the first time I saw him Conrad fills me with fear regarding his inability to take crosses and command his six yard box but credit where credit is due he's been the most consistent performer over the past few weeks and his save after 80 minutes of inactivity against Corley was top draw .


Conrad was responsible for some real howlers earlier in the season. He has been a transformed player in the last half dozen games. Perfect goalie? No. But in his present form he deserves his place.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8296
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], geoffhill, Martin Shaw, Nutty Stag, west country stag and 19 guests