{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Logan

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Hes had a lot of unnecessary abuse but how on earth did he get lobbed from that header??
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Hes had a lot of unnecessary abuse but how on earth did he get lobbed from that header??

The defence in front of him hasn't been great this season so far but having said that i think he could of done alot better with 3 of the 6 goals hes conceded.

Labadies Goal on the opening day seem to trickle in at 2mph logan basically did an impersonation of a seal doing a side belly flop to save it.

Allesandras goal at the weekend getting caught in no mans land.

Now the looping header last night from Old.

I dont mind keepers making the odd mistake at this level but its all becoming too often now
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:04 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Hes had a lot of unnecessary abuse but how on earth did he get lobbed from that header??

The defence in front of him hasn't been great this season so far but having said that i think he could of done alot better with 3 of the 6 goals hes conceded.

Labadies Goal on the opening day seem to trickle in at 2mph logan basically did an impersonation of a seal doing a side belly flop to save it.

Allesandras goal at the weekend getting caught in no mans land.

Now the looping header last night from Old.

I dont mind keepers making the odd mistake at this level but its all becoming too often now

The little lad sat with his grandad in front of me thought Conrad Logan was Buzz Lightyear!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Why did White square up to him. Something isn’t right. He’s not good enough and I bet most of the defence feel the same way.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:41 pm

All of us have differing views on Logan.
The more important perspective is from the players.
In the 2 games with Morecambe he's had rows on the pitch with both Pearce and White after the second goals were conceeded, with the defenders clearly unhappy with him.
(Although of course they could also be doing better themselves)
If the defenders in front don't trust him, its going to end in tears.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:08 pm

victor A block wrote:All of us have differing views on Logan.
In the 2 games with Morecambe he's had rows on the pitch with both Pearce and White after the second goals were conceeded, with the defenders clearly unhappy with him.

We've been here before though as I remember Pearce having a bust up with Logan before and flatly refusing to pass back to him.

He's been dropped a few times in the past, for Bobby a few times and when Jordan smith signed.

It feels like ground hog day though. Read Martins player ratings in August for 2017 and 2018 for those early season games it's the same again this season. It depends if JD is strong enough to change when needed.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:13 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
victor A block wrote:All of us have differing views on Logan.

We've been here before though as I remember Pearce having a bust up with Logan before and flatly refusing to pass back to him.

He's been dropped a few times in the past, for Bobby a few times and when Jordan smith signed.

It feels like ground hog day though. Read Martins player ratings in August for 2017 and 2018 for those early season games it's the same again this season. It depends if JD is strong enough to change when needed.

I’m really not qualified to judge whether Conrad is of suitable quality for our league, but there is increasing evidence that there is a low level of confidence from his defence that he has enough command of his box.

By comparison, most of our opponents’ custodians seem more capable.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:31 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m really not qualified to judge whether Conrad is of suitable quality for our league, but there is increasing evidence that there is a low level of confidence from his defence that he has enough command of his box.

Plainly not so at all.

The Newport goalkeeper's howler in letting Rose's goal in in the the first match was 10 times worse than any mistake Logan has made this season.

The Morecambe goalkeeper pushing out MacDonald's shot back into play for Maynard to knock into the net was also a much worse mistake than any of Logan's.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:36 pm

It is funny how it seems much worse when it’s our player. I suppose most keepers at this level are of a similar ilk.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m really not qualified to judge whether Conrad is of suitable quality for our league, but there is increasing evidence that there is a low level of confidence from his defence that he has enough command of his box.

Plainly not so at all.

The Newport goalkeeper's howler in letting Rose's goal in in the the first match was 10 times worse than any mistake Logan has made this season.

The Morecambe goalkeeper pushing out MacDonald's shot back into play for Maynard to knock into the net was also a much worse mistake than any of Logan's.

Martin, Conrad Logan has cost us A LOT of points over the past two seasons with his antics, so I hope that referencing two mistakes from opposing keepers in games we’ve recently played against them is not a legitimate attempt at vouching for Logan’s ability.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:59 pm

WVStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Plainly not so at all.

Martin, Conrad Logan has cost us A LOT of points over the past two seasons with his antics, so I hope that referencing two mistakes from opposing keepers in games we’ve recently played against them is not a legitimate attempt at vouching for Logan’s ability.

WVStag, I'm referencing this season's 3 games in direct response to EdwinstoweStag's comment, as he appears not to have been watching with that comment.
But if you want to go back to last season, Logan finished it in tremendous form. He started it in poor form and was rightly dropped.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:03 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Plainly not so at all.

WVStag, I'm referencing this season's 3 games in direct response to EdwinstoweStag's comment, as he appears not to have been watching with that comment.
But if you want to go back to last season, Logan finished it in tremendous form. He started it in poor form and was rightly dropped.

Sorry Martin. My comment was not based on only what I’ve seen this season.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:20 am

Picking out one individual for our current form is complete nonsense. Despite Matin's attempt to put some perspective it rumbles on. Eight pages now, for goodness sake give the guy a break. I repeat out problems are not just Logan.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:52 am

Amber Andy wrote:Picking out one individual for our current form is complete nonsense. Despite Matin's attempt to put some perspective it rumbles on. Eight pages now, for goodness sake give the guy a break. I repeat out problems are not just Logan.

Picking out one individual is not complete nonsense.
A GK is not a position that you can get by with someone ‘making do’ like you can in other areas of the pitch. If GK’s make errors, they often result in goals. Logan has made a lot of them and as simple logic would have it, we need a better goalkeeper.

I would also argue that Martin hasn’t offered any ‘perspective’. It doesn’t change a thing about what’s already been said.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:23 am

Newport's keeper followed up his howler with a penalty save & a clean sheet in the next game.

CL got a strong hand on the shot he parried in the build up to Newport's 1st, but the shot was tame enough & close enough that I felt it could have been gathered in. Sure the defence could have dealt with the aftermath better, but there shouldn't have been a situation to deal with.

Morecambe 2nd goal Saturday CL was massively culpable for that one, even taking into consideration the perfect cross from Ellison & Pearce being out of position in his starting point.

The 2nd on Tuesday night, poor defending to allow the header, but poor positioning and reflexes from CL again.

People can defend him, that's fine & dandy, but opposition scouts will be watching out games & they will target his weaknesses, that is only going to further unsettle an already jittery defence.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:48 am

WVStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Picking out one individual for our current form is complete nonsense. Despite Matin's attempt to put some perspective it rumbles on. Eight pages now, for goodness sake give the guy a break. I repeat out problems are not just Logan.

A GK is not a position that you can get by with someone ‘making do’ like you can in other areas of the pitch. If GK’s make errors, they often result in goals. Logan has made a lot of them and as simple logic would have it, we need a better goalkeeper.

I would also argue that Martin hasn’t offered any ‘perspective’. It doesn’t change a thing about what’s already been said.

It looks like someone needs to explain what "perspective" is. Perspective is trying to see a bit of a bigger picture rather than just one thing.

I spent 60 seconds looking at your last 20 or so posts WVStag. Three quarters of them are moaning about Logan. Some are moaning about Dempster. I didn't see any mention of defensive mistakes made by Sweeney, Pearce, Preston. I could have missed it as it was a 60 second scan, but it wasn't prominent. I didn't see any mention of mistakes made by others, like opposition goalkeepers. So when Amber Andy talks about "perspective", that's the sort of thing I would guess he is thinking about.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby WVStag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:55 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Perspective is trying to see a bigger picture rather than just one thing.

I spent 60 seconds looking at your last 20 or so posts WVStag. Three quarters of them are moaning about Logan. Some are moaning about Dempster. I didn't see any mention of defensive mistakes made by Sweeney, Pearce, Preston. I could have missed it as it was a quick scan, but it wasn't prominent. I didn't see any mention of mistakes made by others, like opposition goalkeepers. So when Amber Andy talks about "perspective", that's the sort of thing I would guess he is thinking about.

So if we both agree on what perspective means, why is it a problem to reference the fact he’s made countless errors he’s made over a few seasons? Would that not mean I am actually offering more a perspective since I’m taking into account previous seasons performances?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:03 am

WVStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
WVStag wrote:

I spent 60 seconds looking at your last 20 or so posts WVStag. Three quarters of them are moaning about Logan. Some are moaning about Dempster. I didn't see any mention of defensive mistakes made by Sweeney, Pearce, Preston. I could have missed it as it was a quick scan, but it wasn't prominent. I didn't see any mention of mistakes made by others, like opposition goalkeepers. So when Amber Andy talks about "perspective", that's the sort of thing I would guess he is thinking about.

So if we both agree on what perspective means, why is it a problem to reference the fact he’s made countless errors he’s made over a few seasons? Would that not mean I am actually offering more a perspective since I’m taking into account previous seasons performances?

It isn't a problem to reference that, and I also mentioned his form last season. You're still just talking about one player.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:05 am

You can compare other league GK all you want, we all know we have a much better one that happens to be injured.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:06 am

Conker wrote:You can compare other league GK all you want, we all know we have a much better one that happens to be injured.

while this is true, Bobby will need time to get match fit as well. We can't expect him to come straight back in and be as good as he was before. Just like White, it might take a while to regain that form - if they ever do.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:16 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
WVStag wrote:

It isn't a problem to reference that, and I also mentioned his form last season. You're still just talking about one player.

And? Conrad Logan happens to be the biggest issue in my opinion, which is why I’m still talking about one player. It really isn’t equal blame, football simply doesn’t work like that.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby pemill » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:49 am

WVStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Plainly not so at all.

On the balance of the last 2 seasons I'm more than confident in saying Logan has saved us more points than he lost us, all depends on what you won't to remember to suit your argument. For sure if a GK makes a mistake people remember it more than if it was an outfield player.

Looking at another criticism from the GK's perspective, I as a GK wouldn't have confidence in the defence particularly considering how they have started the season - the confidence thing works both ways.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am

If I was Stone , and I could not get a game on Saturday, I would wonder what the hell I've done, signing for the club
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby pemill » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:57 am

bigalstag wrote:If I was Stone , and I could not get a game on Saturday, I would wonder what the hell I've done, signing for the club

One for the future, I can't imagine he come expecting to get straight into the team. In any case it would be unfair to drop him into a team where the defence is shipping goals.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 pm

pemill wrote:
bigalstag wrote:If I was Stone , and I could not get a game on Saturday, I would wonder what the hell I've done, signing for the club

One for the future, I can't imagine he come expecting to get straight into the team. In any case it would be unfair to drop him into a team where the defence is shipping goals.

Conrad Logan had his contract extension triggered which I assume is only one year, and will be released next season with Bobby and stone as goalies
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum