{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Conrad Logan

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Has been described by some as an absolute joke ....

Or is he?
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Re: Logan

Postby ParisStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Nice one
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Some of our supporters baffle me at times, sarcastic cheering and booing our own goalkeeper then go mad when he has a pop back.

It doesn't help.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Stoney wrote:Some of our supporters baffle me at times, sarcastic cheering and booing our own goalkeeper then go mad when he has a pop back.

It doesn't help.

I agree. But the fact remains Logan (IMO) is a liability.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Logan had a mare for the second goal then wasnt helped by being caught flat footed from that 60 yard shot.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:44 pm

I know he's not the best gk in the world, but ironically jeering at him is embarrassing and doesn't help anyone.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:46 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I know he's not the best gk in the world, but ironically jeering at him is embarrassing and doesn't help anyone.

Agreed......was shocked how many actually jeered him.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:47 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I know he's not the best gk in the world, but ironically jeering at him is embarrassing and doesn't help anyone.

Understatement of the year. But I agree, getting on anyones back during a game is counter productive.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:57 pm

We've started on the scapegoat already I see. Perhaps some would benefit from looking further forwards as to how they were carved open multiple times before we just pick on the keeper.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:00 pm

He’s limited, he knows what we know that. He’s adequate - the 2nd goal was down to communication between the keeper and defence

Looks like bobby is back in 4 weeks and Logan can move back to the sub bench.
Last edited by adamstag on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:00 pm

I'm not sure how Logan is to blame for either goal today? The second one especially!!?

Hamilton lost the ball doing his Bambi on ice Impress ion, before the centre backs when missing and couldn't mark a 5'7 player between them. Ellison's ball was superb though
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Robstag38 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:02 pm

Pearce as much to blame for 2nd goal, of not more so. Whole defence/Midfield first half were embarrassing. Logan not the main issue
Robstag38
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Should not be having a pop back at the fans 2 games in and when 2-0 down. Doesn’t set things up well for the season. I’d like to know when Bobby will return to full fitness, as I wouldn’t be comfortable will Logan in goal until October. We could be well off it by then.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ClevStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:06 pm

I just think that our fans are completely fed up with him making mistakes with regards to coming off of his line (like today again for the 2nd goal) which cost us points.
ClevStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:06 pm

NG17_stag wrote:Should not be having a pop back at the fans 2 games in and when 2-0 down. Doesn’t set things up well for the season. I’d like to know when Bobby will return to full fitness, as I wouldn’t be comfortable will Logan in goal until October. We could be well off it by then.

It's no good if we're defending like this if Bobby is in net. It's the defence that need a kick up the arse and organising
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Robstag38 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:07 pm

Don’t be daft, fans sarcastically cheering when he catches a ball should not be offended when he gives a bit back. If you have a promotion winning team in front of him, Logan will be fine. When Bobbys back, I’d put him straight back in though
Last edited by Robstag38 on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robstag38
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:07 pm

NG17_stag wrote:Should not be having a pop back at the fans 2 games in and when 2-0 down. Doesn’t set things up well for the season. I’d like to know when Bobby will return to full fitness, as I wouldn’t be comfortable will Logan in goal until October. We could be well off it by then.

The fans shouldn't have a pop at the keeper 2 games in and 2-0 down, 2 stands of 4000+ vs 1 and he's criticised for giving it back.

Does start to seem typical of the usual suspects, happy to dish it out but can't take it back.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Stoney wrote:Some of our supporters baffle me at times, sarcastic cheering and booing our own goalkeeper then go mad when he has a pop back.

It doesn't help.

Said exactly the same thing.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:24 pm

Logan is a liability. The defence do not have any confidence in him whenever there is a loose through all or a cross into the six yard box. Get the young lad Aiden in now until Bobby is fit before he costs us anymore points with his indecision. The defence would improve if it had confidence in its keeper to take charge of the situation when he is facing the ball
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:26 pm

I think one reason the defence looks poor is with Logan in net. Pearce doesn’t trust him at all. He doesn’t command his area. When Bobby was in goal the defence looked much more assured. As for CL having a go at the fans for his mistake....it’s embarrassing and I think he was more annoyed he had messed up. The whole lot deserved the stick they got in that first 30 minutes.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:33 pm

Pearce seemed frustrated with Logan all first half, the three centre backs set. Up for a short goal kick then Logan just waved them away and kicked to their centre halves. Each time the Chief gave him the death stare.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Goalkeeping will cost us points again this season

Postby Random Hero » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:40 pm

I’m here with my tin hat on, because apparently it isn’t appropriate to direct ANY criticism at Logan whatsoever... (According to some people in the QLE today, anyway).

I have been a big supporter of his in the past, even when it was obvious he was costing us points. I’ve always stuck up for him when others didn’t. However, this is a new season - a chance for a fresh start - if we are to improve I can’t see how we can set up with him in goal.

To begin with - despite not being a sports nutritionist, or indeed, a lean gentleman myself -it’s fairly obvious even to the untrained eye that he’s returned from pre season in a poorer physical condition than he was in last season. That is a worry, and as a professional footballer, is unacceptable.

There is no denying he is a fantastic shot stopper, although his physicality this season may limit him when getting down to shots in the corners. However, there is no getting around the fact that his decision making is at best ‘questionable’, and at worst, downright farcical.

He cost us with his decision making today with the second goal. Admittedly we were a shambles defensively, but if he doesn’t charge out he saves it on his line comfortably. It is continuation of a worrying trend last season that cost us dearly last season both in the regular season, and the playoffs. (Carlisle at home, Lincoln home, Newport in playoffs... ok not a penalty but gives the ref a decision to make)

I know that Olejnik will be back at some point but I can’t help but feel we should be starting with the new lad in net.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:40 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Logan had a mare for the second goal then wasnt helped by being caught flat footed from that 60 yard shot.

Ok I'll bite. I cannot wait for Bobby's return and think Logan's distribution causes us real issues but do you really hold Logan at fault for the 2nd goal and the 60 yard shot?

That goal came from a succession of mistakes and the defender losing Pearce. Logan was left completely vulnerable and had to come out.
As for the 60 yarder, name me a keeper who stay on gis line for a free kick from there. The ball's flight was also completely changed by the wind swirling.
But heyho, Logan is our boo boy so let's dive in. The abuse and sarcastic clapping was frankly embarrassing from fans who want owners to invest millions in our club.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:43 pm

stag861 wrote:Pearce seemed frustrated with Logan all first half, the three centre backs set. Up for a short goal kick then Logan just waved them away and kicked to their centre halves. Each time the Chief gave him the death stare.

I remember Pearce had a run in with him last year and I’ve never felt like the back line are comfortable with Logan in goal.

As for the fans jeering, it’s obviously not constructive at all, but it’s not just 2 games in, its 2 years in and we’ve seen no end of mistakes. From the QLE it obviously looked like another blunder again today (agree) and they’re probably tired of it.

His reaction doesn’t really bother me but doesn’t really bode well for the long run.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Goalkeeping will cost us points again this season

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:43 pm

Better start to duck now mate !!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum