{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby pemill » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:27 am

Time after time Conrad has saved us this season yet people are still apportioning blame, they really do need to give their heads shake.

Faultless yesterday in fact he kept us in the game, after Mals stupid school boy defending to giveaway the penalty Conrad saved it and set up a platform to go and win the game.

I for one with many others were hoping he would save it, I don't understand anyone who wouldn't
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:29 am

He's had a good season overall.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:41 am

I think he's had a decent season, maybe his problem last season was he'd got too skinny. :D

He had one moment of madness yesterday but was otherwise outstanding. Our MoM by a mile.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:44 am

He's getting better. Is this to do with Bobby challenging for the spot?
Or, perhaps, that Conrad & Bobby are doing the goalie coaching?
Or, perhaps, the fans are not on his back?
Interesting comments this week about Xhaka at Arsenal receiving counselling. The foul and abusive stick Conrad & CJ (&JD) have had this season are well out of order and do the players / manager no good for their confidence.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:57 am

stag861 wrote:He's getting better. Is this to do with Bobby challenging for the spot?
Or, perhaps, that Conrad & Bobby are doing the goalie coaching?
Or, perhaps, the fans are not on his back?
Interesting comments this week about Xhaka at Arsenal receiving counselling. The foul and abusive stick Conrad & CJ (&JD) have had this season are well out of order and do the players / manager no good for their confidence.

Err - the club EMPLOYS a counsellor - another (non-related) Broughton.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:58 am

He’s getting better because this season he’s having to do double the work. That’s twice as many shots to save and crosses etc. Our minds have been swayed by the fact he touches the ball more. When he’s got less to do, then I’d worry about him again. He looks better because atm he’s the best of a terrible bunch.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:23 am

The big fella had a great game.

End of!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:20 pm

I’m not a Logan fan but fair does to him yesterday, he was outstanding
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:26 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:I’m not a Logan fan but fair does to him yesterday, he was outstanding

And yet we ship three goals, just shows how poor our defending has got.

When you compare it to last season ( with the same players ), it's a tragedy.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Logan on track for player of the season... hes doing it all on his own at present.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:46 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:He’s getting better because this season he’s having to do double the work. That’s twice as many shots to save and crosses etc. Our minds have been swayed by the fact he touches the ball more. When he’s got less to do, then I’d worry about him again. He looks better because atm he’s the best of a terrible bunch.

How, in one paragraph, do you go from stating he's getting better to then saying he only looks better because the defence isnt playing well?

Conrad is what conrad is. Flitcroft wanted to play with a "sweeper keeper" who comes out of his goal regularly to "mop up" and release to a player in a advanced position and go on the attack again. Conrad doesn't have the experience or the speed or the fitness to do that all game. He's played for sides that don't release from the back but are the old "everyone go to one side of the pitch ready to win the header" kind of play. Olejnik has experience in releasing the ball early to a teammates feet.

Conrad has certainly improved his early distribution this season but old habits die hard. In my opinion it is also why Evans preferred logan, because he's direct with his distribution and that's how Evans played. Under Flitcroft we built from the back, that's why Olejnik played better.

You could argue case in point, Olejnik in the cup, he struggled. You've got the flip side to that being he's been out for months.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:58 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:He’s getting better because this season he’s having to do double the work. That’s twice as many shots to save and crosses etc. Our minds have been swayed by the fact he touches the ball more. When he’s got less to do, then I’d worry about him again. He looks better because atm he’s the best of a terrible bunch.

How, in one paragraph, do you go from stating he's getting better to then saying he only looks better because the defence isnt playing well?

Conrad is what conrad is. Flitcroft wanted to play with a "sweeper keeper" who comes out of his goal regularly to "mop up" and release to a player in a advanced position and go on the attack again. Conrad doesn't have the experience or the speed or the fitness to do that all game. He's played for sides that don't release from the back but are the old "everyone go to one side of the pitch ready to win the header" kind of play. Olejnik has experience in releasing the ball early to a teammates feet.

Conrad has certainly improved his early distribution this season but old habits die hard. In my opinion it is also why Evans preferred logan, because he's direct with his distribution and that's how Evans played. Under Flitcroft we built from the back, that's why Olejnik played better.

You could argue case in point, Olejnik in the cup, he struggled. You've got the flip side to that being he's been out for months.

I actually mean in the eyes of the observer. Not that he’s actually improved. It seems like he’s improved because he’s called upon more often due to our poor midfield and defence. I didn’t think he was that bad anyway just clanger prone. When you have less to do like he did last season, and are called upon, you might not be as alert. This season he’s more alert due to having double the workload. Just the way it seems to me anyway.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:27 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

I actually mean in the eyes of the observer. Not that he’s actually improved. It seems like he’s improved because he’s called upon more often due to our poor midfield and defence. I didn’t think he was that bad anyway just clanger prone. When you have less to do like he did last season, and are called upon, you might not be as alert. This season he’s more alert due to having double the workload. Just the way it seems to me anyway.

I see your point. Sorry, I misread your comment.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:42 pm

Logan done very well but would give Bobby a game in FA Cup tie
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:45 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

If Conrad came out of his box he could be the furthest player forward at times this season.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:34 pm

Conrad is having a good season .
Think if someone looks at the stats for passing the ball
He would be top, because of all the back passes to him
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ironbru » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:08 pm

magicstag wrote:Conrad is having a good season .

Yes of all the players on the pitch he is the only one that passes the ball FORWARD
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:19 am

ironbru wrote:
magicstag wrote:Conrad is having a good season .

Yes of all the players on the pitch he is the only one that passes the ball FORWARD

Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:25 am

I get your point bud.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Well done Conrad, important save at 0-0.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:50 pm

I’ve not been his biggest fan but I will always give credit where it’s due. A very good save Conrad at a very important time in the game .
Also he was at least trying to motivate the players and he could be heard loudly from IG lower stand.
Overall there has been a lack of Communication this season especially with layers trying to spur others on !
Jamie McGuire have a word with them please to how it should be done.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:59 pm

MOTG wrote:I’ve not been his biggest fan but I will always give credit where it’s due. A very good save Conrad at a very important time in the game .
Also he was at least trying to motivate the players and he could be heard loudly from IG lower stand.
Overall there has been a lack of Communication this season especially with layers trying to spur others on !

We've enough red cards as it is :P

I know some want to see Bobby back in goal (myself included if i'm honest), but only based on merit. Our defence had lost it's calmed assurance and organisation, maybe Bobby has too under the new regime. Either way, it's good to see Conrad win some plaudits
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:21 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
MOTG wrote:I’ve not been his biggest fan but I will always give credit where it’s due. A very good save Conrad at a very important time in the game .

I know some want to see Bobby back in goal (myself included if i'm honest), but only based on merit. Our defence had lost it's calmed assurance and organisation, maybe Bobby has too under the new regime. Either way, it's good to see Conrad win some plaudits

Totally agree with the other comments. From the first time I saw him Conrad fills me with fear regarding his inability to take crosses and command his six yard box but credit where credit is due he's been the most consistent performer over the past few weeks and his save after 80 minutes of inactivity against Corley was top draw .
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Totally agree with the other comments. From the first time I saw him Conrad fills me with fear regarding his inability to take crosses and command his six yard box but credit where credit is due he's been the most consistent performer over the past few weeks and his save after 80 minutes of inactivity against Corley was top draw .

Conrad was responsible for some real howlers earlier in the season. He has been a transformed player in the last half dozen games. Perfect goalie? No. But in his present form he deserves his place.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum