{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Goalkeeping will cost us points again this season

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Why do we need two threads about Logan?
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Re: Logan

Postby bigalstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:44 pm

He's an Evostick goalkeeper at best. His decision making is that slow, a snail could take the ball around him. Keeps on costing the team dearly, and deserved everything he got today..
Bring in the kid from Burnley, on Tuesday night. He can't be any worse.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:46 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Why do we need two threads about Logan?

Because he concedes two a game :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:48 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Why do we need two threads about Logan?

merged
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby tibby » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Was Olejnik not on the bench today?
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:54 pm

tibby wrote:Was Olejnik not on the bench today?

no, still injured
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Some of our supporters baffle me at times, sarcastic cheering and booing our own goalkeeper then go mad when he has a pop back.

It doesn't help.

Said exactly the same thing.

Totally agreed. Don’t know what some folk expect.

Not like the second goal was entirely his fault anyway.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Stoney » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Bloke in front of me didn't celebrate our first goal either.

'we have been pathetic, I'm not clapping that'

Who needs enemies?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:10 pm

I get the argument that it wasn’t just Logan fault today that’s definitely true.

Wonder why Morecambe had the cheek to try and score from their own half though? They singled him out.

It was a cracking effort too!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:14 pm

It was clear last season that Pearce has no trust in Logan, when they had the bust up on the pitch. I was shouted down then but it’s clear to see.

How anyone can see he wasn’t at fault, at least partially, for both goals, is beyond me.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Some of our fans are an embarrassment to our club. I suspect some of the Einsteins abusing our own player are on this thread too. The defence was appalling 1st half, truly awful, that includes Pearce who was at fault for one of the goals, though credit to Ellison for a great ball. Preston, of whom I'm a big fan, had a nightmare. Bish and Macca were woeful 1st half too. Logan is the scapegoat and always was going to be for many on here, he's not the best but to abuse him is pure idiocy.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:30 pm

The abuse is not warranted, he’s giving his all.

It does not change the fact that he needs dropping though, Stone has gotta be worth a go at least.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Conker wrote:The abuse is not warranted, he’s giving his all.

It does not change the fact that he needs dropping though, Stone has gotta be worth a go at least.

Don't you think JDs interview about not reacting to abuse and turn it round etc is also a very veiled dig at Logan?

Stone will no doubt play Tues night and if he does ok I have a feeling he'll keep the gloves judging by that interview. Or have I misinterpreted it???
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Rob wrote:Some of our fans are an embarrassment to our club. I suspect some of the Einsteins abusing our own player are on this thread too. The defence was appalling 1st half, truly awful, that includes Pearce who was at fault for one of the goals, though credit to Ellison for a great ball. Preston, of whom I'm a big fan, had a nightmare. Bish and Macca were woeful 1st half too. Logan is the scapegoat and always was going to be for many on here, he's not the best but to abuse him is pure idiocy.

Very good post !!!
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:59 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Logan had a mare for the second goal then wasnt helped by being caught flat footed from that 60 yard shot.

Ok I'll bite. I cannot wait for Bobby's return and think Logan's distribution causes us real issues but do you really hold Logan at fault for the 2nd goal and the 60 yard shot?

That goal came from a succession of mistakes and the defender losing Pearce. Logan was left completely vulnerable and had to come out.
As for the 60 yarder, name me a keeper who stay on gis line for a free kick from there. The ball's flight was also completely changed by the wind swirling.
But heyho, Logan is our boo boy so let's dive in. The abuse and sarcastic clapping was frankly embarrassing from fans who want owners to invest millions in our club.

The 60 yarder was a wind assisted fluke. No blame there for me.

On the second goal, I'd agree there were a succession of mistakes in the build up, but at the death there he's the one with a full view of what's unfolding, he can tell Pearce to attack it or leave it, but didn't.

This I think is his biggest fault, he's got a big gob on him except when it matters (like not telling Benning to put it over the stand v Lincoln) and he exasebates this by being indecisive in his own movement. A keeper should be the absolute boss of the back line when it comes to defending the box & Conrad simply doesn't do it.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:03 pm

That’s exactly it.

No there should be no abuse at him, he’s a good lad and gives his all, he’s just limited in what he does.

Dempster like 99.9% of fans will know that bobby is a different level and hopefullly as soon as at all possible we can revert back to him in goal
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Agreed.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:14 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
NG17_stag wrote:Should not be having a pop back at the fans 2 games in and when 2-0 down. Doesn’t set things up well for the season. I’d like to know when Bobby will return to full fitness, as I wouldn’t be comfortable will Logan in goal until October. We could be well off it by then.

It's no good if we're defending like this if Bobby is in net. It's the defence that need a kick up the arse and organising

Defence has been all over the place, but watch that second goal again and look at Logan’s movement. Runs out, goes back, runs out again, gets stuck in no man’s land then concedes. Also, almost forgot how the crossbar saved him from conceding a goal from inside the opposition’s half.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Stoney wrote:Bloke in front of me didn't celebrate our first goal either.

'we have been pathetic, I'm not clapping that'

Who needs enemies?

You are kidding me
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:44 pm

I’m not going to get into whether he’s a liability generally but I’ve watched it a few times and I do think he’s at fault for the second goal. For a ball in high just inside the area he either needs to connect with a punch or catch it, or he needs to go back to his six yard line. The defender is not too far away so if the guy controls it he has got a defender on him and it being League Two, not Real Madrid, he’s very unlikely to volley it straight in.

He made a mess and let the guy score with a header that he would have caught with one hand if he had moved back towards his goal.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Something being overlooked is our defence clearly do not trust him either, Pearce was getting in to trouble instead of passing it to him.

I just don’t see how he can stay in the team if it carries on.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:16 pm

The second goal was Logan’s fault, either come out committed or stay in goal - it’s something you teach to children.

It didn’t warrant the abuse he got though. Especially as half of the stadium decided to clap the disgraceful Preston who not only had a shocker but the threw away any chance of victory.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:17 pm

What really annoys me is the way that after conceding a goal and even if his fault, he has to put on this show of shouting at all the defenders.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Pearce was awful 1st half and for me was far more to blame for the 2nd goal than Logan. Pearce was, however, superb 2nd half. But hey, you have to have someone to slag off. It was always going to be Logan. Bloke in front of me shouted fat b at him. What a turd.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Rob wrote:Pearce was awful 1st half and for me was far more to blame for the 2nd goal than Logan. Pearce was, however, superb 2nd half. But hey, you have to have someone to slag off. It was always going to be Logan. Bloke in front of me shouted fat b at him. What a turd.

Hey Loges had a poor game, but calling him a turd is bang out of order.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum