{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shrimps scorefred sponsored by ...any ideas?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shrimps scorefred sponsored by ...any ideas?

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Playing crap and coming from 2 down and getting points is the sign of a good side.

Just need the defence to wake up and things to click into place.

The only thing I'm not convinced by is the midfield, would like to see Donohue come in. Shame Timi elsnik is without a club, we could do with him.

You make it up as you go along!!!!! There's me thinking and being told all these years the sign of a good side was playing carp and grinding out 1-0 wins. :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Playing crap and coming from 2 down and getting points is the sign of a good side.

The only thing I'm not convinced by is the midfield, would like to see Donohue come in. Shame Timi elsnik is without a club, we could do with him.

You make it up as you go along!!!!! There's me thinking and being told all these years the sign of a good side was playing carp and grinding out 1-0 wins. :roll:

It's both.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Sneag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

It's both.

Bull dung, good teams don't keep going two goals behind.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Then after coming back, we get a man sent off due to indiscipline isn't a sign of a good sign.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

It's both.

They don't do it everyweek, but twice a season isn't unusual. ;)
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Sneag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

It's both.

They don't do it everyweek, but twice a season isn't unusual. ;)

That's our two out the way then or it could happen again because we might not be 'a good team' ??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:23 pm

Anybody that thinks that performance, and style of football, will get us near the top of the league, is deluding themselves, Even after two games. All the good traits from last season have gone, and for 80% of yesterdays game, we just aimlessly kicked the ball forwards, usually to an opposition player. At times, we made a team that finished third from bottom last year, look like Brazil,at their best That, and we took off our best player on the pitch, and replaced him, with a player that looks like a poor mans Matt Rhead.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm

bigalstag wrote:Anybody that thinks that performance, and style of football, will get us near the top of the league, is deluding themselves, Even after two games. All the good traits from last season have gone, and for 80% of yesterdays game, we just aimlessly kicked the ball forwards, usually to an opposition player. At times, we made a team that finished third from bottom last year, look like Brazil,at their best That, and we took off our best player on the pitch, and replaced him, with a player that looks like a poor mans Matt Rhead.

And Matt Rhead scored loads in League 1 :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Then after coming back, we get a man sent off due to indiscipline isn't a sign of a good sign.

I made this comment to someone else, but Dempster can't control players behaviour on the pitch. Footballers should know not to fall on top of someone with their knees, or make a stupid dangerous tackle when there was no threat from the Morecambe player. If the two red cards were for scrapping or getting into fisticuffs then I could understand the lack of discipline comment , but Mellis and Preston should know better and I'm sure their team mates have let them know that they've let the team down.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Why are we so easy to wind up this season? You don't drop knee first like that on someone without provocation. You also don't lunge at someone like that without provocation. So why are we suddenly incapable of controlling ourselves. The only straight red last season was Walker when he stupidly flipped the lino the bird. Hardly lunged at the lino or kneed him in the back. So what has gone so wrong?

The same way Flitcroft struggled with the side Evans left and a poor finish to the season. Is Dempster struggling with Flitcroft's side in the same way? Flitcroft had the last 12 games and a full pre season and experience in the role. Demps has had a pre season and only experience in managing teenagers. Not time to panic still plenty of football to play.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

boo hoo someone thinks different to you. Chin up soft lad
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:22 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Why are we so easy to wind up this season? You don't drop knee first like that on someone without provocation. You also don't lunge at someone like that without provocation. So why are we suddenly incapable of controlling ourselves. The only straight red last season was Walker when he stupidly flipped the lino the bird. Hardly lunged at the lino or kneed him in the back. So what has gone so wrong?

The same way Flitcroft struggled with the side Evans left and a poor finish to the season. Is Dempster struggling with Flitcroft's side in the same way? Flitcroft had the last 12 games and a full pre season and experience in the role. Demps has had a pre season and only experience in managing teenagers. Not time to panic still plenty of football to play.

You may just be reading too much into it Gazza.

Mellis has always he it in him to leave a foot in when making a tackle. He just went about in a brain dead way. Footballers are like that at times.

As for Preston I think his tackle was born out of frustration at his own performance, tbh. Players know when they are having a mare.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Well we certainly don't want any other sendings off on the near future. It's the manager's responsibility to sort it out.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Well we certainly don't want any other sendings off on the near future. It's the manager's responsibility to sort it out.

it's also a players responsibility to not dive in with two feet and make stupid challenges.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:16 am

Been an uncomfortable start to say the least and needs to get a whole lot better either way discipline and football wise.
JD may be on very thin ice come those cold months from around October time if it don't pick up a bit.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

I'd be wanting a refund of my ST money if we could only grind out 1-0 wins whilst playing carp. :lol: But then again playing footy while trying to land a 35 pounder must take some doing, so I could be wrong.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Shrimps scorefed sponsored by ...any ideas?

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Bros wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
Can’t be there today due to my own wedding

I assume there will be plenty of lime green jelly and paddling pools

Thanks for the kind words Martin, Bros etc I confirm that the paddling pool will no longer be inflated and like green jelly will be but a distant memory.

Banned from looking at my phone all day and had to rely on messages from others. Interesting reading people’s body language as the first half wore on. I don’t think I missed a classic. Onwards to Tuesday!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:12 am

I think the Canopy should sponsor this thread
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby ironbru » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:47 pm

The One wrote:I think the Canopy should sponsor this thread

We said we needed cover at the back, and thats what they got us!
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Are we just keeping this match thread going for tonights game?

We probably should given global warming and all that.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Are we just keeping this match thread going for tonights game?

We probably should given global warming and all that.

see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36056
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum