{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shrimps scorefred sponsored by ...any ideas?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shrimps scorefred sponsored by ...any ideas?

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:35 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Khan, The Chief, Danny and Nicky Maynard were great today.
Surprising substitution after the red card. I would have taken C J off as he was very ineffective today

I agree with 3 of those but there is something clearly nit right with the back four and particularly the two (or three) centre halves. Pearce does not seem right at the moment and i don't think it has anything to do with Logan.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Norman wrote:Little boy lost that’s what Demps looked like today!

I know you're a thundertwat of a WUM however I actually thought the exact opposite.

Even when poo hit the fan he was calm and always talking to the players and liaising with Glover. Yet again his tactical changes saved the game and he wasn't afraid to change what wasn't working.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Morecambe right back who looked approx 3-4 stone overweight had CJ in his pocket for large parts.

And folk think Cj is good enough for league above or even championship? Crazy
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:52 pm

CJ was terrible
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:58 pm

How can a supposed manager could leave Hamilton on, when he was abject throughput the game, and take off the best forward on the pitch, beggars belief. And some supporters praising him for his substitutions?
Nearly as bad as keep playing the liability that is Logan.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Nice to see Macca get two assists today, after all the grief he gets on here! I assume he was to blame for the 2 goals though...
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:12 pm

Not been to the game but just seen the highlights.

Having read the comments on here, surprised to see Macca involved in both goals.

Logan poor for both goals, shock horror. Can’t move across his line quick enough for the first and in no mans land for the second. Keep defending him, he will keep costing us whilst he is in goal.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:15 pm

I thought the defence were very shaky today and wanted too much time on the ball. Although Pearce improved during the game, he didn't look half the player of last season and was lucky not to get punished early doors. We were lucky to get the point but it has to be a positive that we did.

I feel our main problem is our lack of running off the ball. Players just aren't getting into positions to hurt the opposition and our passing isn't accurate enough. In short we are too casual and the players seem to think we have the right to get three points without too much effort.

I also don't think fans are giving enough credit to Morcambe for the standard of their play. They were far better than I expected and played some good football in patches. They played the ball on the ground and didn't lump it aimlessly - that was us.

We can only improve and we need to or we will be at the wrong end of the table fairly quickly.

PS. What a superb effort from their free kick that hit the bar. It wasn't a fluke and I don't particularly blame Logan as I think most keepers would have been off their line at that point.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Seems that the good thing is that Dempster has a Plan B.

The poor thing is that it looks like it should be Plan A.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:27 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Seems that the good thing is that Dempster has a Plan B.

He’s showed more tactical flexibility in 2 games than flitcroft managed here.

As you state though, If plan A doesn’t work there tends to be a problem
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:40 pm

adamstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Seems that the good thing is that Dempster has a Plan B.

He’s showed more tactical flexibility in 2 games than flitcroft managed here.

As you state though, If plan A doesn’t work there tends to be a problem

But last week's plan B was this weeks Plan A. :?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:45 pm

I was more than happy with Demps starting 11 and formation, but by 3.30 I was just grateful we weren't 4 nil Down, He fixed what was wrong and could have gone on to win it... Fair ply to him for that.. A bit annoyed he took Rosie off as he was likeliest player to get another goal.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:05 pm

What has happened to the free flowing football we played last season !Lump it up to Rose seems to have replaced it.

What has happened to our water tight defence of last season ?Two goals down in our first two games.

What has happened to our devilling ? Two straight reds in our first two games, both for senseless tackles.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:What has happened to the free flowing football we played last season !Lump it up to Rose seems to have replaced it.

What has happened to our water tight defence of last season ?Two goals down in our first two games.

What has happened to our discipline ? Two straight reds in our first two games, both for senseless actions.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:08 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:What has happened to the free flowing football we played last season !Lump it up to Rose seems to have replaced it.

What has happened to our discipline ? Two straight reds in our first two games, both for senseless actions.

Are you going for the world record number of times one can quote their own post?
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:13 am

What has happened to our devilling ? Two straight reds in our first two games, both for senseless tackles.

That free flowing football lasted about a dozen games Andy.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MobileStag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:44 am

Whilst I'm aware that not beating Morecambe is an unacceptable result (the fact we were 2-0 down to a team that haven't actually won away from home first game of the season since 2014 says enough), I think we do need to give the team time to come good, no need to panic just yet - they'll get used to the new tactics and training and click soon enough.

Why after getting the right back booked, CJ then chose to not attempt to take him on again really confused me...also didn't see the use in Kahn starting left midfield and CJ right midfield if neither are going to cut inside onto their stronger foot.

Positives for me -
Gordan at right back: got stuck in, has a stepover or two in him which we all like in a Stags right back ;)
Kahn: very direct yesterday, looked to get the ball forward and seemed one of the few players with a real bit between his teeth to impress.
Maynard: first touch amazed me on a few occasions yesterday, will score us bags this season.
Rose: glad to see him back to his confident self, believe he would've scored a winner had we stuck to 11 vs 11 yesterday

Cut out the defensive sloppiness and we'll be right up there - playing badly but picking up points for now is fine by me.
:coys:
Last edited by MobileStag on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MobileStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:49 am

MobileStag wrote:Whilst I'm aware that not beating Morecambe is an unacceptable result (the fact we were 2-0 down to a team that haven't actually won away from home since 2014 says enough), I think we do need to give the team time to come good, no need to panic just yet - they'll get used to the new tactics and training and click soon enough.

Why after getting the right back booked, CJ then chose to not attempt to take him on again really confused me...also didn't see the use in Kahn starting left midfield and CJ right midfield if neither are going to cut inside onto their stronger foot.

Positives for me -
Gordan at right back: got stuck in, has a stepover or two in him which we all like in a Stags right back ;)
Kahn: very direct yesterday, looked to get the ball forward and seemed one of the few players with a real bit between his teeth to impress.
Maynard: first touch amazed me on a few occasions yesterday, will score us bags this season.
Rose: glad to see him back to his confident self, believe he would've scored a winner had we stuck to 11 vs 11 yesterday

Cut out the defensive sloppiness and we'll be right up there - playing badly but picking up points for now is fine by me.
:coys:

Good post
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 am

What's worrying me is that we don't seem organised at all, there is no shape to our team and that is shocking because we pretty much have the same back line.

There is a discipline issue as well, I'm not convinced some players respect the manager enough.

On yesterday's game the only lads who played well was Khan, Maynard and rose, everyone else was below standard, Preston was poor, bishops first half was unacceptable and McDonald did what McDonald does, run around a lot but show no composure.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:18 am

lifestags wrote:What's worrying me is that we don't seem organised at all, there is no shape to our team and that is shocking because we pretty much have the same back line.

There is a discipline issue as well, I'm not convinced some players respect the manager enough.

On yesterday's game the only lads who played well was Khan, Maynard and rose, everyone else was below standard, Preston was poor, bishops first half was unacceptable and McDonald did what McDonald does, run around a lot but show no composure.

Not sure about the discipline. The two red cards have been two stupid individual mistakes , Dempster can only give them an earful and tell them not to do it again or it's a fine or whatever.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:30 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
lifestags wrote:What's worrying me is that we don't seem organised at all, there is no shape to our team and that is shocking because we pretty much have the same back line.

Not sure about the discipline. The two red cards have been two stupid individual mistakes , Dempster can only give them an earful and tell them not to do it again or it's a fine or whatever.

Yep. Nobody’s fault except the culprits.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:00 pm

HU7stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Are you going for the world record number of times one can quote their own post?

I think a bit longer than that. At the moment it is nowhere to be seen.

Last season was a disappointment in that we failed to go up, but I enjoyed the football and relished the prospect of attending games.

I accept we have only played two games, but they have followed the same pattern. Poor first half performances, knocking balls up to Rose and poor discipline resulting two red cards in two games.Pre season was also poor compared to last season.

At the moment the best I can see is poor football resulting in mid table mediocrity at best and a change of manager before Christmas. I don't want JD to face the sack as we need continuity, but things need to improve quickly, otherwise going to games will once again become a chore and no longer enjoyable like last season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:04 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Yep. Nobody’s fault except the culprits.
A good experienced manager would spot these things and do something about it before it happens. Let's hope JD learns quickly. Discipline is vital if we are to succeed this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Playing crap and coming from 2 down and getting points is the sign of a good side.

Just need the defence to wake up and things to click into place.

The only thing I'm not convinced by is the midfield, would like to see Donohue come in. Shame Timi elsnik is without a club, we could do with him.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Playing crap and coming from 2 down and getting points is the sign of a good side.

Just need the defence to wake up and things to click into place.

The only thing I'm not convinced by is the midfield, would like to see Donohue come in. Shame Timi elsnik is without a club, we could do with him.

I think we would have one midfielder too many if we signed another when we have bishop, macca, mellis, donohue, Tomlinson and Smith. Personally I think we need another centre half
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum