{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shrimps scorefred sponsored by ...any ideas?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Shrimps scorefred sponsored by ...any ideas?

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:53 pm

So much expectation. I mean what could go wrong?
Last edited by Spiritater on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Shrimps scorefed sponsored by ...any ideas?

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:05 pm

sports bar sorted, Stags tops ready internet bang on!!!

Yorkie on tour in Fuerteventura, already spotted a Newport fan, let’s have it !

duke box has sweet Caroline, what could possibly go wrong
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby skeglad » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:33 pm

3-1 win for the mighty Stags.
There Their They're
skeglad
First Team
First Team

Postby ParisStag » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Morecambe looked dreadful in defence against Grimsby. I expect them to be better.

We were close to triggering full meltdown with our first half performance against Newport.

I'll go for 1-1 and Fukishima levels of anger on stagsnet.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:19 pm

3 - 0
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:21 pm

I think we'll win 3-0 too.

Khan, Maynard and Bishop
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:27 pm

we'll come out quick and get an early goal.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Hoping for a win. Expecting a draw.

There just isn't the same buzz (for me at least) as we've had the last two season. Pre season was ok but we leant very little about how we'll play or setup and last weeks first half showed how vulnerable we are when we dont get effort and tactics right.

Let's take it to them. Own our home games and attack to win and win well.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:01 pm

Chander Lear wrote:we'll come out quick and get an early goal.

Can i also request a Chander Lear discussion thread posted at least after half ten again? :lol:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:57 am

As Chander Lear points out a lot down to if we can score first and how early it is. Expectation is for a more attacking team at home but Morecambe will be tough to breakdown, if we can do it early I’d say 3-0 Stags.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:14 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:we'll come out quick and get an early goal.

Can i also request a Chander Lear discussion thread posted at least after half ten again? :lol:

haha. Unfortunately, I'm at a wedding in Southampton this weekend so won't be there - Someone else will need to take the reigns
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Re: Shrimps scorefred sponsored by ...any ideas?

Postby Walton Stag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:01 pm

I would really like us to be brave against stubborn but not really high quality opposition. I’d go with:

Logan

Gordon Preston Pearce Benning.

McDonald Donohue Bishop CJ.

Rose Maynard.

I think, however, we will start 3-5-2 and play the same side as last week but with Donohue or Khan instead of Mellis. Not a bad side at all but at home against Morecambe I would love to see the 4-4-2 formation used in the second half at Newport.
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Looks like it could be quite stormy - we didn't do well last season when the elements weren't great - hopefully this has changed for this term.

In reality Morecambe is nothing else than 3 points, obviously it's not that simple but it's one of those fixtures where you'd look at it and expect the 3 points.

Will be nice to be back at the Mill mind :)
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Walton Stag wrote:I would really like us to be brave against stubborn but not really high quality opposition. I’d go with:

Logan

Rose Maynard.

I think, however, we will start 3-5-2 and play the same side as last week but with Donohue or Khan instead of Mellis. Not a bad side at all but at home against Morecambe I would love to see the 4-4-2 formation used in the second half at Newport.

How can you not start with Khan over McDonald?. He changed the game at Newport and was full of running.

McDonald and Donahue together is far to defensive for me especially when you consider the opposition and also add Bishop into the mix. The fact is we are blessed in midfield and the different combinations give us loads of options but against Morcambe we need to be on the front foot from the off. If we sit back they will park the bus and become even harder to break down. Quick close passing on the floor with nothing over head height should do it. :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm

3-1 Stags.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Walton Stag wrote:I would really like us to be brave against stubborn but not really high quality opposition. I’d go with:

Logan

Rose Maynard.

How can you not start with Khan over McDonald?. He changed the game at Newport and was full of running.

McDonald and Donahue together is far to defensive for me especially when you consider the opposition and also add Bishop into the mix. The fact is we are blessed in midfield and the different combinations give us loads of options but against Morcambe we need to be on the front foot from the off. If we sit back they will park the bus and become even harder to break down. Quick close passing on the floor with nothing over head height should do it. :D :D

Actually think at the moment central midfield looks like our weakest area in terms of real quality, though we do have decent depth. Bit concerned that we won’t be comfortable enough on the ball in there with Mellis out, are Macca and Bishop capable of going and getting the ball off the defenders and get us playing or will it be rushed? That opinion on midfield quality is formed having seen next to nothing of Donohue though and he could, and will hopefully be a top player for us so could change that outlook.

Completely agree that Khan has to start and a quick start is the key for this one. Should get the win.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:40 pm

2-0 defeat. Goals from a set piece and a defensive error.

Stagsnet sack the manager for poor team selection, incorrect formation and no Plan B. Talk of wanting Martin Allen in to save us from the drop.
We are demanding that two (insert names here) players given immediate free transfers to the Welsh U12 League, as nowhere near the quality that we would expect, and are just lazy, showed nothing in pre-season and are not fit to where the Stags shirt.
One of our strikers (insert name here) couldn't hit a cows rear with a ukelele.
Expectations high that by buying 4 new strikers , 2 midfielders and a goalkeeper that we might avoid a relegation dogfight.
County & Chesterfield fans love that we have only got 1 point from 2 games like themselves.
Norman returns with a vengeance.
Concerns raised over JR's desire to continue to fund the club
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:28 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

Logan

Rose Maynard.

Actually think at the moment central midfield looks like our weakest area in terms of real quality, though we do have decent depth. Bit concerned that we won’t be comfortable enough on the ball in there with Mellis out, are Macca and Bishop capable of going and getting the ball off the defenders and get us playing or will it be rushed? That opinion on midfield quality is formed having seen next to nothing of Donohue though and he could, and will hopefully be a top player for us so could change that outlook.

Completely agree that Khan has to start and a quick start is the key for this one. Should get the win.

Don't forget we also have Willem Tomlinson and Alister Smith who aren't even getting a mention and Gordon was brought to the club as a midfielder not full back. I think there is plenty there and as I said the number of permutations is far better than we've had for a very long time.

If I were to pick an area to strengthen it would be a versatile defender and a big forward.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:36 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

Logan

Rose Maynard.

Don't forget we also have Willem Tomlinson and Alister Smith who aren't even getting a mention and Gordon was brought to the club as a midfielder not full back. I think there is plenty there and as I said the number of permutations is far better than we've had for a very long time.

If I were to pick an area to strengthen it would be a versatile defender and a big forward.

A big forward... like... Andy Cook?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Horrible weather forecast for Saturday, could be a leveller.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:03 pm

WVStag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Logan

Rose Maynard.

A big forward... like... Andy Cook?

Yes as that's about the only position we don't have adequate cover. A good target man doesn't just win headers, he does something useful with them e.g. Finds a man etc. Unfortunately Rose doesn't do that so if Cook gets injured or suspended we don't have a similar replacement.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Nil nil and conditions blamed for no footy being played by both sides
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:17 am

Will the thing even be on? Summer it aint these next 48 hours !!
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:53 am

Forecast is sunny spells and showers with a decent breeze, that’s all.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:10 am

Cheers Michael Fish :lol:

Will it try the deluge we got coming today?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum