{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Newport game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Newport game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Krystian Pearce scores the first goal at Newport

Danny Rose scores the second goal at Newport

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Newport game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Brief highlights, produced by EFL

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Stoney » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:40 pm

The penalty is extremely harsh in my opinion. Their lad has gone for an overhead kick and fell onto Sweeney.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:02 pm

I have looked at this penalty clip and after a dozen attempts cannot see any penalty whatsoever. Sweens is not a dirty player and like the entry above appears Matt backing into our player nothing more
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Vice President » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:30 pm

Both penalties looked very soft - and that was never a sending off for Mellis - Hope we appeal that decision.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:33 pm

As usual, Danny went down very easy for the free kick that lead to our first goal.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:04 pm

part time pete wrote:As usual, Danny went down very easy for the free kick that lead to our first goal.

Looked a clear free kick to me.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Vice President wrote:Both penalties looked very soft - and that was never a sending off for Mellis - Hope we appeal that decision.

Ours was a stonewall penalty in my opinion.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby pemill » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:07 pm

part time pete wrote:As usual, Danny went down very easy for the free kick that lead to our first goal.

Part & parcel of today's game, Danny was a saint compared to Newport players.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:12 am

Ours was a clear penalty and I can't understand why the Newport player didn't get a yellow card at least. The other two Newport players were too wide to get a block in and there was a clear goal scoring opportunity. I think the ref bottled that one somewhat.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:31 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Ours was a clear penalty and I can't understand why the Newport player didn't get a yellow card at least. The other two Newport players were too wide to get a block in and there was a clear goal scoring opportunity. I think the ref bottled that one somewhat.

He was just evening it up because he didn’t book Sweeney for their penalty. If he had booked Sweeney he would have to have walked as he had already been booked.

However he made up for it in second half by sending off Mellis. There is no doubt the referee would have sent Sweeney off in second half for a second yellow if he hadn’t have been subbed at half time.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:16 am

part time pete wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Ours was a clear penalty and I can't understand why the Newport player didn't get a yellow card at least. The other two Newport players were too wide to get a block in and there was a clear goal scoring opportunity. I think the ref bottled that one somewhat.

He was just evening it up because he didn’t book Sweeney for their penalty. If he had booked Sweeney he would have to have walked as he had already been booked.

However he made up for it in second half by sending off Mellis. There is no doubt the referee would have sent Sweeney off in second half for a second yellow if he hadn’t have been subbed at half time.

I can see that Pete and have said the same in another thread, however I think theirs should have been a straight red as he was clear through. So a yellow would have been evening it up. Easy to look back and criticise and the ref needed to make an instant decision, but I think the balance fell Newport's way again.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum