{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Discussion points

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Discussion points

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:14 am

SINA STAG wrote:Bishop......

Does anyone else think he's off the mark this season compared to last season...... preseason last season n probably upto February/March he would have been the 1st name on the team sheet..... I may be wrong but he doesn't seem to be on his game yard slower this season... it's not a knock against Bish I'm one of his biggest follows but it's just something I've noticed anyone else noticed a difference?

Yes, wouldn’t bother me if he was on the bench this Saturday
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:19 am

I'm assuming with Bish it's just a slightly different playing style & setup that he's still getting used to. Tbf, the new Gaffer has had less time to instill his regime into the squad
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:26 am

Does anyone else think he's off the mark this season compared to last season...... preseason last season n probably upto February/March he would have been the 1st name on the team sheet..... I may be wrong but he doesn't seem to be on his game yard slower this season... it's not a knock against Bish I'm one of his biggest follows but it's just something I've noticed anyone else noticed a difference?

I said this on Saturday Sina. Bish has not shown the same spark in the two pre-season games and the Newport game that I have watched. I only gave him a 6 out of 10 on Saturday which is below average for Bish. He didn't even go and kick someone and get booked :lol: Hopefully he will back to his best against Morecambe.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:29 am

geoffhill wrote:Bishop got mom in the league paper surprisingly.

:shock: What game was that guy watching Geoff? :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:37 am

Way off the mark after 1 game! Wow!

Pretty sure people were writing him off after his 1st pre-season game when he first joined if memory serves me correctly.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:30 am

John Lomas has made a FB video after this morning's press conference. He spoke to Bishop who says it can take up to 5 games to get up to full match fitness even after a full pre-season.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:06 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

how you can compare his performance to last season after 1 game is insane. got to let him have at least 10 before making judgement rwally

Read again my post you spunk sack I gave my opinion on when he came last season preseason n this preseason......

I said nothing about one game......

This site wants flipping closing down n all the raspberry removed because some people dont have the flipping ability to read digest what theyve read and make a discussion or give an opinion on what people have written

did I touch a nerve?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:30 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

how you can compare his performance to last season after 1 game is insane. got to let him have at least 10 before making judgement rwally[/quo Read again my post you spunk sack I gave my opinion on when he came last season preseason n this preseason......

This site wants flipping closing down n all the raspberry removed because some people dont have the flipping ability to read digest what theyve read and make a discussion or give an opinion on what people have written

did I touch a nerve?

I would put money on it your a NEWARK lad
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:17 pm

ok that's enough. SINA, we've asked you before not to abuse others. This is the final time we are going to ask you. Don't come back complaining if you do it again and you find you can't post any more.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:ok that's enough. SINA, we've asked you before not to abuse others. This is the final time we are going to ask you. Don't come back complaining if you do it again and you find you can't post any more.

Right on. :D
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:10 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

how you can compare his performance to last season after 1 game is insane. got to let him have at least 10 before making judgement rwally[/quo Read again my post you spunk sack I gave my opinion on when he came last season preseason n this preseason......

did I touch a nerve?

I would put money on it your a NEWARK lad

awwww diddums.

bishop will be fine. we've signed donohue to cover for him anyway. discussion closed ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Awww, I'd just gone to get pop n crisps out :cry:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:Way off the mark after 1 game! Wow!

Pretty sure people were writing him off after his 1st pre-season game when he first joined if memory serves me correctly.

Took the words out of my mouth.
People seem to delight in picking up on minor points and because of his age he's a prime target as one year inevitably he will not be up to it. He proved them wrong for most of last year and I trust he will again. He's earned our respect and support. Lets give it to him.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:28 pm

robeyre wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:Way off the mark after 1 game! Wow!

Took the words out of my mouth.
People seem to delight in picking up on minor points and because of his age he's a prime target as one year inevitably he will not be up to it. He proved them wrong for most of last year and I trust he will again. He's earned our respect and support. Lets give it to him.

shut the forum down! it's full of morons :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum