{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow abroad

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

iFollow abroad

Postby Nottsstag100 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:15 am

I have an I follow account in England, however I am on holiday at the moment and will be for the opening game, so I was wondering how I can watch the game instead of just having commentary. Will I have to change the address on my account or create a new account and pay for a monthly subscription on that new account?

Thanks
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: iFollow abroad

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:18 am

I suggest you create a new iFollow account ("free pass" account) using the address where you are staying on holiday. Then you should be able to buy a match pass for about 5 euros while you are there. I would recommend paying by paypal if you can. Make sure you get a good internet connection.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Nottsstag100 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:48 am

Martin Shaw wrote:I suggest you create a new iFollow account ("free pass" account) using the address where you are staying on holiday. Then you should be able to buy a match pass for about 5 euros while you are there. I would recommend paying by paypal if you can. Make sure you get a good internet connection.

Cheers will try it out
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:24 am

For i-follow at home does it play well on a laptop?

I watched midweek away games last season on the ipad, which was good.

This season I be working away a lot & getting to midweek games will be very difficult, so I was going to get a subscription.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:14 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:I have an I follow account in England, however I am on holiday at the moment and will be for the opening game, so I was wondering how I can watch the game instead of just having commentary. Will I have to change the address on my account or create a new account and pay for a monthly subscription on that new account?

Thanks

download a VPN app
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stag on the Beach » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:20 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:I suggest you create a new iFollow account ("free pass" account) using the address where you are staying on holiday. Then you should be able to buy a match pass for about 5 euros while you are there. I would recommend paying by paypal if you can. Make sure you get a good internet connection.

A match pass costs €6.
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Sneag wrote:For i-follow at home does it play well on a laptop?

This season I be working away a lot & getting to midweek games will be very difficult, so I was going to get a subscription.

Yes works well on laptop. If you get problems, try a different browser.

Just for clarity, a subscription for UK subscribers does not give access to midweek live games, you still need a match pass for £10.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:51 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Sneag wrote:For i-follow at home does it play well on a laptop?

Yes works well on laptop. If you get problems, try a different browser.

Just for clarity, a subscription for UK subscribers does not give access to midweek live games, you still need a match pass for £10.

Stuff it then, I'll just pay as I go. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby spainmick » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:40 pm

I've subscribed for the season 130 euros....I paid for a few matches last year at6 euros each and thought the service was excellent
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 am

spainmick wrote:I've subscribed for the season 130 euros....I paid for a few matches last year at6 euros each and thought the service was excellent

Its fantastic ,this is my third season with it and it has improved as it goes along ,now i dont think there is much more they can do ,perfect roll on 4o,clock saturday :mtfc:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ian23 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:23 am

Any vpns still work for ifollow? Windscribe now cant be used
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DAVE H » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:59 pm

ian23 wrote:Any vpns still work for ifollow? Windscribe now cant be used

You don't need a vpn anymore for ifollow live matches ,either Saturday or midweek games .I can watch them now without a vpn
DAVE H
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ian23 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:02 pm

DAVE H wrote:

You don't need a vpn anymore for ifollow live matches ,either Saturday or midweek games .I can watch them now without a vpn

Pm'd you Dave if you can help
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:15 pm

DAVE H wrote:

Is that purely off the back of the friendlies being available at no additional cost or am I missing something?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DAVE H » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:23 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
DAVE H wrote:

Is that purely off the back of the friendlies being available at no additional cost or am I missing something?

No for league games as well , used to need a vpn but last season I could watch the Saturday games from uk without vpn ,you still need to subscribe to the annual service , might have something to do with midweek games being screened in uk
DAVE H
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:27 pm

DAVE H wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
DAVE H wrote:

No for league games as well , used to need a vpn but last season I could watch the Saturday games from uk without vpn ,you still need to subscribe to the annual service , might have something to do with midweek games being screened in uk

My bad, went completely over my head that this thread was about watching it from abroad :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:42 pm

DAVE H wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
DAVE H wrote:

To avoid confusion which the above post might create:

UK subscribers can listen to commentary of all games. Midweek games can be watched for a match pass of £10.

Overseas subscribers can watch all games, whether Saturday or midweek.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby AlanStag » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:08 pm

Would someone be kind enough to PM me about using a VPN for iFollow?

Whenever I try to register when the VPN is on it just doesn't load and has the bouncing ball.
I'm using NordVPN and tried using Chrome/Safari/Firefox.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum