{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report - Rangers U23 game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report - Rangers U23 game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:43 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report - Rangers U23 game

Postby Nico » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:35 am

Did any of the Rangers players look any good?
Nico

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:06 am

Nico wrote:Did any of the Rangers players look any good?

Number 9
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:07 pm

I thought the Rangers mix of experienced players and/or first team squad members with youth was very tidy, but there was no-one outstanding who I think we would be going for.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:33 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

I thought the Rangers mix of experienced players and/or first team squad members with youth was very tidy, but there was no-one outstanding who I think we would be going for.

We have been offered No.8 and No.11 for the forthcoming season Martin. The coaching staff were watching them both yesterday. Don't know if anything will come of it but we will have to wait and see. Apparently 11 (think his name is Hastey) is 20 years old and the No.8. is 32 year old (believe its Graham Dorrans who was at West Brom).
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Is there any video of this?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:45 pm

Dorrans would never drop to league 2
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Graham Dorrans played in the Premier League with West Brom and Norwich from 2010-2016. I very much doubt we could afford to pay his wages. He has not played much regular football since he left Norwich in 2016-2017. He did not make one league start for Rangers last season. Is he being played with the kids to try and persuade him to leave? He does not seem to have a squad number.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:53 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

We have been offered No.8 and No.11 for the forthcoming season Martin. The coaching staff were watching them both yesterday. Don't know if anything will come of it but we will have to wait and see. Apparently 11 (think his name is Hastey) is 20 years old and the No.8. is 32 year old (believe its Graham Dorrans who was at West Brom).

Harris is a winger who was signed over the summer to Rangers and is considered to be too raw for the first team this year. Dorrans only played 4 games last year due to injury and is being frozen out from what I read.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:31 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Harris is a winger who was signed over the summer to Rangers and is considered to be too raw for the first team this year. Dorrans only played 4 games last year due to injury and is being frozen out from what I read.

Both highly unlikely I would have thought. Hastie was very average and I don't think we need a left winger. Dorrans has got quality though didn't particularly show it yesterday and as Tippy says wages would surely be untenable.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:35 pm

Sneag wrote:Is there any video of this?

the Stags goals are available to view in the Dempster post match video interview. Dan is doing the highlights for pre-season games, I assume they will be available tomorrow, in brief format on youtube without commentary, and in extended format on iFollow with commentary.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:54 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:11 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Both highly unlikely I would have thought. Hastie was very average and I don't think we need a left winger. Dorrans has got quality though didn't particularly show it yesterday and as Tippy says wages would surely be untenable.

Dempster confirms at fans forum that no loan signings coming in from Rangers.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:33 am

Rangers would want them to play if they came. So they'd need to be better than what we have atm.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:51 am

Rangers would only be interested in getting them off their wage bill, and paying a transfer fee would suit them even better. They are broke and if they don’t make the Europa league group stages they could possibly go in to administration.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum