{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Blackburn scorefred sponsored by silent airwaves.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Blackburn scorefred sponsored by silent airwaves.

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Newarkstag wrote:The players were fit underflitcroft but do you not think they ran out of steam after Christmas as we didn't press teams like before Christmas

Agreed, it did feel like we ran out of steam. That said results have been pretty awful at the back end of the season 3 years on the trot now and when results aren’t going your way back players don’t have that that spring in their step, they get nervous, & don’t make that run because they don’t want to be caught out etc. which is a big factor in my opinion. I’d probably side with that over us being seemingly unfit going in to the run in.

As a squad we’ve got to learn to cope with the back end of the season a lot better and show we’ve learnt something from previous years as a fair amount of the squad have been involved in at least 2 of those campaigns.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:50 pm

If we fail to get points at the beginning of the season then we will have to be even stronger at the end of the season. As someone pointed out earlier on in this thread, three points at the beginning of the season are no less valuable as three points at the end of the season.

I've also got concerns about the level of opponents we are playing in friendlies when compared to last season. Three under 23 sides are not going to be the same test as playing Newport away.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:If we fail to get points at the beginning of the season then we will have to be even stronger at the end of the season. As someone pointed out earlier on in this thread, three points at the beginning of the season are no less valuable as three points at the end of the season.

I've also got concerns about the level of opponents we are playing in friendlies when compared to last season. Three under 23 sides are not going to be the same test as playing Newport away.

Doesn't matter who you play in preseason, we won't be playing championship clubs week in week out.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Amber Andy wrote:If we fail to get points at the beginning of the season then we will have to be even stronger at the end of the season. As someone pointed out earlier on in this thread, three points at the beginning of the season are no less valuable as three points at the end of the season.

Although it’s good for crowd figures and nice to see Championship opposition I never really understand it.

In those games you have very little of the ball and spend most of the game in a defensive setup. Although that will be important at times during games the fact is most games we should dominate the ball and it will be a question of whether we can break sides down ourselves and take our chances certainly at the Onecall
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum