{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Vice President wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I think this thread is an insult to Logan.

Basically it's questioning his professionalism, and is an insult to someone who clearly shows passion for MTFC.

If it was questioning a players race or sexual orientation it would have been removed.

Questioning someone's body size is almost as bad.

Moderators please consider removing it!

Matters such as race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability etc. are protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
Matters such as, for example, being considered fat, or ugly or bald are not protected in the same way.
I think we need a sense of perspective here. Conrad Logan is a professional athlete and if he is in any way 'over-weight' such that it might affect his sporting performance, then it will inevitably be under scrutiny.
Personally, i don't care what he looks like or what he weighs - as long as he commands his area, is reliable with handling crosses & shots and doesn't make many mistakes.
P.S. Just seen the videos from Portugal - for what its worth, I don't think there are any issues. He is a big guy and looks the same as last season.

I understand that. I actually said almost as bad as those things.

I still feel it is an insult. Furthermore where is the evidence it has affect Logan's performance.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:27 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Can’t beat a good old fashioned Stagsnet lynch mob.

Lynch mob or just a differing opinions?

Some folk rate Logan some don't, some rate Danny Rose some don't, some rated Flitcroft some didn't.

It's how a discussion forum functions. You have an opinion and you voice it, giving your reasons for that opinion and then other poster will agree or disagree and those who disagree my give their opinion on why your opinion is drivel. And so on and so forth.

That’s fair enough if it’s about his performances but this isn’t. They’re calling him fat. The video from Portugal seems to indicate otherwise.
I had a mate who I thought was a chubster. We were getting changed after a Regimental footy game and I saw he was ripped as. He ended up in the SAS and he’s just retired as a Lt Col

Looks can be deceptive. Look at Keith Flint.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:56 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Some folk rate Logan some don't, some rate Danny Rose some don't, some rated Flitcroft some didn't.

It's how a discussion forum functions. You have an opinion and you voice it, giving your reasons for that opinion and then other poster will agree or disagree and those who disagree my give their opinion on why your opinion is drivel. And so on and so forth.

That’s fair enough if it’s about his performances but this isn’t. They’re calling him fat. The video from Portugal seems to indicate otherwise.
I had a mate who I thought was a chubster. We were getting changed after a Regimental footy game and I saw he was ripped as. He ended up in the SAS and he’s just retired as a Lt Col

Somehow I don’t think that comparing the suicide of the great Keith Flint, who suffered with mental health issues, to that of the perceived shape of our number one shot stopper is your finest hour.

RIP Keith
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:23 pm

He performed well in the play-off semis, but let’s talk about the whole season. In the games he played, how many points did he save us? And I’m talking about making saves that a standard half decent keeper wouldn’t have made. Compare that to the points he’s cost us through his mistakes, i.e Northampton away for the corner (2 points dropped) and the Lincoln penalty at home (2 points dropped). He’s a no.2 keeper and I’m more than happy for him to fill in for a few games, but I hope Bobby comes back sooner rather than later.
Amber Andy wrote:
NG17_stag wrote:Being big is Akinfenwa’s (and Rhead’s) game. It makes them good at what they do. There’s no part of Logan’s size that gives him an advantage, apart from the ridiculous comment on here that there’s less of the goal to aim at. If he was normal sized his game would improve no doubt, including being able to accelerate off his line quicker.
Amber Andy wrote:Yet a lot on here would welcome Akinfenwa!

Logan and Davies seem to be the fall guys this season and we ain't kicked off yet.

Only on Stagsnet.

I think you have forgotten some of the saves he has made, particularly the one against Newport away.

We've had athletic looking keepers over the years, nowhere near as good as Logan.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby victor A block » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Don't really care if he is overweight . I do care that he's slow and therefore slightly less agile . Most people seem happy to make a connection .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 pm

NG17_stag wrote:He performed well in the play-off semis, but let’s talk about the whole season. In the games he played, how many points did he save us? And I’m talking about making saves that a standard half decent keeper wouldn’t have made. Compare that to the points he’s cost us through his mistakes, i.e Northampton away for the corner (2 points dropped) and the Lincoln penalty at home (2 points dropped). He’s a no.2 keeper and I’m more than happy for him to fill in for a few games, but I hope Bobby comes back sooner rather than later.
Amber Andy wrote:
NG17_stag wrote:Being big is Akinfenwa’s (and Rhead’s) game. It makes them good at what they do. There’s no part of Logan’s size that gives him an advantage, apart from the ridiculous comment on here that there’s less of the goal to aim at. If he was normal sized his game would improve no doubt, including being able to accelerate off his line quicker.

Logan and Davies seem to be the fall guys this season and we ain't kicked off yet.

Only on Stagsnet.

I think you have forgotten some of the saves he has made, particularly the one against Newport away.

We've had athletic looking keepers over the years, nowhere near as good as Logan.

Agreed. Good post.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:15 pm

Mansfield fans? If I was a player I’d be gone...
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:24 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Mansfield fans? If I was a player I’d be gone...

Hope to god none of the players have read this forum. They'd probably not think too highly of the supporters
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:54 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Somehow I don’t think that comparing the suicide of the great Keith Flint, who suffered with mental health issues, to that of the perceived shape of our number one shot stopper is your finest hour.

RIP Keith

What on Earth are you wittering on about? Who brought suicide into it ?
The point about Keith Flint is that he looked like a psychopath when in fact he was an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to speak to, as I have done a few times at bike race meetings.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:55 pm

NG17_stag wrote:He performed well in the play-off semis, but let’s talk about the whole season. In the games he played, how many points did he save us? And I’m talking about making saves that a standard half decent keeper wouldn’t have made. Compare that to the points he’s cost us through his mistakes, i.e Northampton away for the corner (2 points dropped) and the Lincoln penalty at home (2 points dropped). He’s a no.2 keeper and I’m more than happy for him to fill in for a few games, but I hope Bobby comes back sooner rather than later.
Amber Andy wrote:

Only on Stagsnet.

Think you’re on a losing wicket there. Weren’t his stats better than Bobby’s?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Only on Stagsnet.

Agreed. Good post.

Hang on a minute, didn't we have one of the best defences in the league last season? Doesn't Logan and Bobby get any credit for that ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:11 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Hope to god none of the players have read this forum. They'd probably not think too highly of the supporters

Logan does read Stagsnet. He screenshotted Martin's match report before and was talking about it on Twitter
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:21 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Only on Stagsnet.

Think you’re on a losing wicket there. Weren’t his stats better than Bobby’s?

No. Olejnik better points per game and conceded less goals.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:21 pm

Stoney wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Logan does read Stagsnet. He screenshotted Martin's match report before and was talking about it on Twitter

I'm expecting some Irish muscle on twitter soon then ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Some folk have a noose around his neck, one mistake and they'll be calling for him to be binned off, all his good saves and match winning performances forgotten for good - that's the life of a goalkeeper I guess. An assumption maybe but my guess is the Logan haters love Rose & McDonald for instance.

So when Bobby is fit, then match fit, then match sharp it could easily be after the turn of the year, that's if Logan is playing badly enough to be dropped. So you all need to get over yourselves, Conrad is our No.1 - yes he's got his faults but haven't we all.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Get over yourselves. He’s fat. He will have been called far worse.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stringy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:38 pm

Logan has a bit of an uneven profile and lacks versatility in his goalkeeping. He's not agile enough to move around his box or beat attackers to the ball. He's weak on crosses. However, his large frame makes him an excellent shot stopper, especially shots from in and around the 18 yard box.

The team has to compensate for his deficits. Crowd the middle, show wingers inside and let the defence know that he isn't coming for any crosses or through balls so don't expect it. He can get good distance on his kicks so win the aerial duels.

Bobby is undoubtedly the better sweeper keeper, but with those caveats I think Logan can be just as or more effective. After all, it is a team game.
Stringy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:34 pm

If I were Logan reading this I’d by laughing my ass off. Earning good money as a professional footballer.....what a dream, even if your slightly bigger than Otis Khan.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:01 am

If any players should be singled out for last season or was the strike force only one player can hold his head up slightly over the others n that was Walker besides the penalty miss n his silly sending off hes the one who have any creditable praise. the rest of the strikers i wouldn't have paid them. But that was last season we fell short by one point.... this season is about putting the rights of last season
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:18 am

He will be getting called ,! You fat B.....d ! at least 23 times by away fans this season so he will have a rough idea he is a big lad. He is certainly on par with most of the goalies in this league and drops the odd bolos k. That’s life at this level .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:32 am

This thread....

Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hon Sec » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:57 am

We are lucky to have two of the best keepers in our division.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Hon Sec wrote:We are lucky to have two of the best keepers in our division.
Im not sure either of them are the best in the division. They are both decent keepers for league 2 level.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:43 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Im not sure either of them are the best in the division. They are both decent keepers for league 2 level.

Two OF the best, not the best two.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Hon Sec wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Two OF the best, not the best two.

probably the best thing Evans did for us, signed two good goalies
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum