{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bradford PA scorethread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby steve-o » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Good work out. First half side laboured and were a bit sloppy, Cook didn’t do much and Khan was ineffective behind the front two. Sweeney and Preston looked ok, was great to have Hayden White back, and Jimmy Knowles was lively.

The second half team were much improved. Going forward we looked very potent. Maynard and Rose worked really well together, and Sterling James has a very good game on the right. Mellis controlled midfield, the Chief and Gibbens were pretty much untroubled with the exception of the second BPA goal which was a little sloppy. Liked the look of the new young right back signed from Burnley. Interestingly we looked more dangerous down the right in the second half. CJ was a little quiet, but a couple of good runs, Benning solid, but both probably didn’t see as much of the ball as they might have liked.

Real shame about the injury to Stokes, otherwise enjoyable pre-season game for £10
steve-o
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19010
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19010
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19010
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 pm

Stokes injury was a dislocated knee apparently, so whilst serious perhaps not as serious as first feared.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5251
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby part time pete » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Interestingly that we played 3-5-2 in first half and 4-4-2 in second half and the difference was plain to see

I can see JD playing 3-5-2 away from home and 4-4-2 at home.

I know BPA are two divisions below us but I thought they were quite decent, however in second half the attack was brilliant compared to the laboured efforts in first half.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 pm

OSJ looked really good tonight...a different player, sharp, strong n clever
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20086
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:26 pm

part time pete wrote:Interestingly that we played 3-5-2 in first half and 4-4-2 in second half and the difference was plain to see

I can see JD playing 3-5-2 away from home and 4-4-2 at home.

I know BPA are two divisions below us but I thought they were quite decent, however in second half the attack was brilliant compared to the laboured efforts in first half.


I think the difference was that the second half team had 8 players who have a realistic chance of starting the first league game, whilst the first half team had 6. They also had Mellis who pretty much singlehandedly ran the game second half. They also played an extra 10 minutes!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5251
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:42 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19010
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:58 am

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:22 am

Maynard looks class. OSJ looked good too.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2994
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:31 am

Would love to see OSJ come good there's a player in there somewhere.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20086
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby yorkstag » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:46 am

I agree with that . Thought the young full back from Burnley did well as well
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:47 am

Did Hayden attempt or do any stepovers?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:56 am

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:01 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Did Hayden attempt or do any stepovers?


Yep he did and he nutmegged two players.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5251
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby mousemousemouse » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:49 am

Spiritater wrote:Would love to see OSJ come good there's a player in there somewhere.


Agree. Maybe the formation wasn't suitable for him last season but if we can go 4-4-2, he has a place I think.
mousemousemouse
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby my name is jonas » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:57 am

OSJ always seems to have a good pre season and then goes totally off the radar.

Would like us to start or at least play cook and Maynard together in the next couple of friendlies
my name is jonas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:42 am

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:01 am

my name is jonas wrote:OSJ always seems to have a good pre season and then goes totally off the radar.

Would like us to start or at least play cook and Maynard together in the next couple of friendlies


Correct. I suspect it's because he knows he has to make a strong impresssion, more than the rest of the squad. It doesn't really help that he's about to start his third season and we still don't really know what his actual position is.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5251
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:04 am

Their winger on the first goal was brisk.

OSJ looked decent.

Hope the young lad is back soon. Nasty injury.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 13566
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 am

my name is jonas wrote:
Would like us to start or at least play cook and Maynard together in the next couple of friendlies


I think that's probably likely at Alfreton. Dempster said it would be the same players but he would be switching around combinations.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19010
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:19 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:OSJ always seems to have a good pre season and then goes totally off the radar.

Would like us to start or at least play cook and Maynard together in the next couple of friendlies


Correct. I suspect it's because he knows he has to make a strong impresssion, more than the rest of the squad. It doesn't really help that he's about to start his third season and we still don't really know what his actual position is.


MacDonald still gets a game???
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6181
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Bros » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:41 am

One of the highlights of the evening was when the young lads who had been giving it large at the back of the stand took flight when they were threatened by th locals who had been peering over the fence
Bros
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:33 am

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:48 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:OSJ always seems to have a good pre season and then goes totally off the radar.

Would like us to start or at least play cook and Maynard together in the next couple of friendlies


Correct. I suspect it's because he knows he has to make a strong impresssion, more than the rest of the squad. It doesn't really help that he's about to start his third season and we still don't really know what his actual position is.


MacDonald still gets a game???


Yes but we know what his position is, he's a winger.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5251
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:38 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:OSJ always seems to have a good pre season and then goes totally off the radar.

Would like us to start or at least play cook and Maynard together in the next couple of friendlies


Correct. I suspect it's because he knows he has to make a strong impresssion, more than the rest of the squad. It doesn't really help that he's about to start his third season and we still don't really know what his actual position is.


MacDonald still gets a game???


Yes but we know what his position is, he's a winger.


Really, whens he played there for us then? CM, RB, jack of all trades, average in all
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6181
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Bradford PA scorethread

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:52 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:OSJ always seems to have a good pre season and then goes totally off the radar.

Would like us to start or at least play cook and Maynard together in the next couple of friendlies


Correct. I suspect it's because he knows he has to make a strong impresssion, more than the rest of the squad. It doesn't really help that he's about to start his third season and we still don't really know what his actual position is.


MacDonald still gets a game???


Yes but we know what his position is, he's a winger.


Really, whens he played there for us then? CM, RB, jack of all trades, average in all


The half season he was here when we first signed him and part of the following season. He's never player right back for us. He was converted into a CM by Evans and Flitcroft continued using him there. But his natural position is on the wing.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5251
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chrisuknottm, DogsDoDahs, OllertonStag, Paulstag, Richard Cranium, TBS and 42 guests