{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Flitcroft

Postby James » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:20 pm

Dan wrote:
James wrote:
Dan wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Dan wrote:Jesus Christ, in the last 16 games of the season (Feb-May) we only got one more point than Notts County & they were shocking. Why can't people see it!!? The man completely bottled it like he did the previous season & deserved sacking. :roll:

I'm not saying he didn't bottle it. He clearly did. What I'm saying is, there were lots of positives to last season, despite the ultimate negative, and that he will take that with him and his experience will strengthen him.

Do I agree that he deserved to be sacked? No.
Was I upset that he was sacked? No.

I give up.

Delete your account whilst you're giving up.

Bless. Truth clearly hurts eh?

Not at all, i'm not sure if what you're saying is the truth or not, i'm just tired of reading your patronising posts every time someone has the audacity to disagree with you.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:20 pm

He may well be looking at Mansfield players to bolster the Donnie squad.......
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Dan wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Dan wrote:Jesus Christ, in the last 16 games of the season (Feb-May) we only got one more point than Notts County & they were shocking. Why can't people see it!!? The man completely bottled it like he did the previous season & deserved sacking. :roll:

I'm not saying he didn't bottle it. He clearly did. What I'm saying is, there were lots of positives to last season, despite the ultimate negative, and that he will take that with him and his experience will strengthen him.

Do I agree that he deserved to be sacked? No.
Was I upset that he was sacked? No.

I give up.

And therein lies the problem. Giving up to easily. These days in football, we give up on managers to easily. I know he failed, but failure doesn't always merit losing your job. The classic old example is Fergie failing to meet expectations early in his Man U career and nearly getting the chop, but they stuck with him and he developed. In the old days, managers were given more patience and time to get it right. I think Flicker would have improved as time went on, but we'll never know. I'm surprised Dan. On facebook, you're constantly posting news stories about managers getting sacked early.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Yep Paris I agree, but he has gone, long live JD.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:37 pm

I thought DF was very unlucky. Folk say you make your own luck.

However White breaking his leg and having Davies and Graham out injured, plus Rose side lined as well is bad luck in anyone’s language.

You could say White’s replacement was not as good as White, but you have to be extremely lucky to find someone as good as White in January.

I suppose what cost him was his January signings. Grant for Elsnick, Ajose for Davies, Jones for White. In hindsight all poor signings.

These guys post January didn’t affect the number of wins per games, it was turning first half season draws into odd goal defeats, which cost us the title never mind automatic promotion.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:37 pm

James wrote:
Dan wrote:
James wrote:

Not at all, i'm not sure if what you're saying is the truth or not, i'm just tired of reading your patronising posts every time someone has the audacity to disagree with you.

Don't read them then simple. You're clearly not intelligent enough to understand them anyway.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Well there’s my irony meter just wrapped itself round the stopper
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Dan wrote:
James wrote:
Dan wrote:
James wrote:

Don't read them then simple. You're clearly not intelligent enough to understand them anyway.

Patronising as ever, cheers.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:12 pm

James wrote:
Dan wrote:
James wrote:
Dan wrote:
James wrote:

Patronising as ever, cheers.

You're very welcome.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:25 pm

Looks like Darren Moore is getting the job.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:22 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Looks like Darren Moore is getting the job.

Might be better for us if he does. Gives us a better chance of keeping the likes of Benning, Hamilton and Preston.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Might be better for us if he does. Gives us a better chance of keeping the likes of Benning, Hamilton and Preston.

Not sure Donny would be able to afford these guys anyway - I can only see JR playing hard ball if an ex manager came in for them.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby milne6 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:53 pm

part time pete wrote:I thought DF was very unlucky. Folk say you make your own luck.

However White breaking his leg and having Davies and Graham out injured, plus Rose side lined as well is bad luck in anyone’s language.

You could say White’s replacement was not as good as White, but you have to be extremely lucky to find someone as good as White in January.

I suppose what cost him was his January signings. Grant for Elsnick, Ajose for Davies, Jones for White. In hindsight all poor signings.

These guys post January didn’t affect the number of wins per games, it was turning first half season draws into odd goal defeats, which cost us the title never mind automatic promotion.

And Smith for Bobby..
This is a Signature
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:58 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Not sure Donny would be able to afford these guys anyway - I can only see JR playing hard ball if an ex manager came in for them.

That's a fair point, but you never get the best out of an unsettled player who's head is somewhere else.

DF spent a lot of time on the training field developing players, in particular Benning and Hamilton. I can see them having a lot of respect for DF, as I suspect Preston does and maybe they would want to play for him again.

The last thing we want is the break up of the squad, or an unsettled squad.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cerfjaune » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:08 pm

milne6 wrote:
part time pete wrote:I thought DF was very unlucky. Folk say you make your own luck.

And Smith for Bobby..

As far as the signings of Ajose, Jones and Smith were concerned, he had little choice given the long term injuries. It could be argued that these replacements were weaker than those replaced, but the manager could only sign players who were available and in the January window his choices were somewhat limited.
cerfjaune
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:18 pm

Darren Moore has been appointed as new Donny manager.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:25 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Darren Moore has been appointed as new Donny manager.

brilliant appointment for them imo
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:39 pm

was Flip Flop ever really in the running? Moore v Flippy ?

echo good appointment for the Donkeys
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:14 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Darren Moore has been appointed as new Donny manager.

brilliant appointment for them imo
I agree and an ex player of theirs.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:09 am

Amber Andy wrote:

Not really, Moore managed WBA who were after CJ.

Although, it's unlikely Donny will be able to pay the fee we're after.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:38 am

milne6 wrote:

And Smith for Bobby..

All good on paper though
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:07 am

Would seen odd to appoint Flitcroft to a big club like Donny when he could not get the Stags up one peg. Might have been there to make up the numbers.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:46 am

cerfjaune wrote:
milne6 wrote:

And Smith for Bobby..

As far as the signings of Ajose, Jones and Smith were concerned, he had little choice given the long term injuries. It could be argued that these replacements were weaker than those replaced, but the manager could only sign players who were available and in the January window his choices were somewhat limited.

I'm afraid that reasonable argument might prove just too damn outlandish to some! ;)

Personally, i think the reality was that he was far closer to being a successful manager than some make out. Some obvious and sizeable flaws, granted, but managers at this level almost invariably have them in abundance
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:59 am

With the squad we had, if we had that one other goal scorer and bit of bottle we wouldn't of been that far behind Lincoln.... in fact had we won the last three we would of been top of the league? ( I think)

Those early games that we kept drawing from winning positions cost us the league. But I suppose that was to be expected putting together a new squad... the collapse after Christmas was just a nightmare that ultimately goes down as to why he got sacked. Same form as county was it?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Sedgwick wrote:With the squad we had, if we had that one other goal scorer and bit of bottle we wouldn't of been that far behind Lincoln.... in fact had we won the last three we would of been top of the league? ( I think)

Those early games that we kept drawing from winning positions cost us the league. But I suppose that was to be expected putting together a new squad... the collapse after Christmas was just a nightmare that ultimately goes down as to why he got sacked. Same form as county was it?

It’s history. Let’s move on.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum