{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Macca Injured

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Macca Injured

Postby bluenyellow » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:41 pm

returned home for a scan on his knee
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
User avatar
bluenyellow
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Think his time here is up, don't see what he adds now, shame
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Macca Injured

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:59 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Think his time here is up, don't see what he adds now, shame


Think what you meant is get well soon Macca?
wayno cordiniho
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:03 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Think his time here is up, don't see what he adds now, shame


Think what you meant is get well soon Macca?


We did that all last season with Macca and Davies, got to be ruthless can't carry crocks
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6231
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:26 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Think his time here is up, don't see what he adds now, shame


Think what you meant is get well soon Macca?


We did that all last season with Macca and Davies, got to be ruthless can't carry crocks
If they are injured and still under contract there is very little you can do.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5938
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 am

Re: Macca Injured

Postby tmwilson » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:28 pm

We don't even know how bad the injury is?
I thought Macca did well when he came back from injury. A fully fit Macca would d grace any league 2 team.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2145
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:38 pm

I thought he was sent home for a precautionary scan, not because he’s been crocked and can’t play. Given that he was out for a bit last season, sensible decision
mousemousemouse
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby adamstag » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:03 pm

Macca needs a role that scholes had with united later in his career, he can’t start them all and the manager needs to put his foot down.

Less is more here - and probably him and flitcroft were to blame on that last season - to suggest his time here is up is wildly inaccurate - his experience it’s worth it’s weight in gold alone.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7324
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Macca Injured

Postby geoffhill » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:07 pm

Agree with that.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Hope he’s alright. Gives us valuable depth on a few positions. Don’t understand why he couldn’t have had a scan in Portugal though? That to me suggests it’s a bit more serious than they’re letting on.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:13 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Hope he’s alright. Gives us valuable depth on a few positions. Don’t understand why he couldn’t have had a scan in Portugal though? That to me suggests it’s a bit more serious than they’re letting on.


But not at right back.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4258
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Macca Injured

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:02 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Hope he’s alright. Gives us valuable depth on a few positions. Don’t understand why he couldn’t have had a scan in Portugal though? That to me suggests it’s a bit more serious than they’re letting on.


But not at right back.....


Or RW or CM, in fact still haven't seen what he actually is?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6231
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:03 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Hope he’s alright. Gives us valuable depth on a few positions. Don’t understand why he couldn’t have had a scan in Portugal though? That to me suggests it’s a bit more serious than they’re letting on.


But not at right back.....


Or RW or CM, in fact still haven't seen what he actually is?


He’s an adequate back up player all the way across midfield.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:38 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Think his time here is up, don't see what he adds now, shame


Think what you meant is get well soon Macca?


We don't know if he's injured yet, it's a precautionary scan.... sooo try again

And I mean, he's nearly past it and on a big wage. He's a squad player at best, he can have an impact against bottom half teams and should be used sparingly. But the way some people go on about him, i dont get the hype, a winger thats forced to play centre mid and never does it well.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Macca Injured

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:10 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Think his time here is up, don't see what he adds now, shame


Think what you meant is get well soon Macca?


We don't know if he's injured yet, it's a precautionary scan.... sooo try again

And I mean, he's nearly past it and on a big wage. He's a squad player at best, he can have an impact against bottom half teams and should be used sparingly. But the way some people go on about him, i dont get the hype, a winger thats forced to play centre mid and never does it well.



he's hardly past it at 29

he's kind of a legend in my book with that cross for the equaliser against chesterfield in the 2-2 draw ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:19 am

Bet the poor bloke feels really supported after reading this topic ehhhh?
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9404
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:40 am

Some folk just need to whinge Yorkie
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20196
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Macca Injured

Postby HughesyStag89 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:14 am

Get well soon macca.. for the muppets saying his time is done at this club maybe you should think how he as a person feels.. he’s a genuine lad who genuinely cares about this club, my children attended their first game last season and he as well as Danny rose had all the time in the world for them.. I for one even if anyone else disagrees would be gutted to see macca leave or even worse released
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:20 am

This is where some show their double standards again and not afford some players the same treatment.

Craig Davies has a setback (even though no one knows the extent) and the general consensus is 'get rid' and 'hes a crock'

Alex McDonald potentially has a setback (again no one knows the extent) and there's a big outpour of sympathy and support.

Let's give all players the same support and treatment and not be blinkered towards certain players.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:28 am

Re: Macca Injured

Postby Rainworth Stag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:23 am

People on this forum are a joke!
Rainworth Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:48 am

Re: Macca Injured

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:00 am

Alwaysa5tag wrote:This is where some show their double standards again and not afford some players the same treatment.

Craig Davies has a setback (even though no one knows the extent) and the general consensus is 'get rid' and 'hes a crock'

Alex McDonald potentially has a setback (again no one knows the extent) and there's a big outpour of sympathy and support.

Let's give all players the same support and treatment and not be blinkered towards certain players.


Probably guilt of it myself, but good point.

I think the difference is people have seen what Macca can do and relatively little of Davies.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby MOTG » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:46 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:This is where some show their double standards again and not afford some players the same treatment.

Craig Davies has a setback (even though no one knows the extent) and the general consensus is 'get rid' and 'hes a crock'

Alex McDonald potentially has a setback (again no one knows the extent) and there's a big outpour of sympathy and support.

Let's give all players the same support and treatment and not be blinkered towards certain players.


Probably guilt of it myself, but good point.

I think the difference is people have seen what Macca can do and relatively little of Davies.

Probably because fans get a bit frustrated when things seem to be ticking along nicely and then another setback but I do understand where you are coming from . It might not be much at the end of the day.
MOTG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:52 am

Re: Macca Injured

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:53 am

Like in a lot of things fans have players they like and dislike.

Ideally we should all get behind whoever puts the Stags shirt on, but it will never happen.

As for Davies and Macca I hope they are soon fit enough for selection. A fully fit squad makes us stronger.

Part of the reason we were just short of one promotion point last season was due to injuries to key players, which forced us to put square pegs in round holes. Most teams suffer with the same problem.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5938
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 am

Re: Macca Injured

Postby WVStag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:14 am

The injury to Macca just reaffirms my belief a new CM is the priority. It should've been anyway in my eyes, but more so now. If we weren't light on numbers in the middle before we definitely are now.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Re: Macca Injured

Postby AlanStag » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:12 am

It may not end up being a serious injury but there must be a big enough concern to fly him home on his lonesome a few days before the end of the trip.

Hope he isn’t out long as Macca can be a top player at this level. I personally think he’s better suited out wide than in the middle, that’s where he won promotion with Oxford.
I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Mansfield 'till I die!
AlanStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:22 am

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Sandy Pate Best Stag, Stags 2002 and 25 guests