{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dion Donohue - Third mystery signing!!!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:49 pm

JLStag wrote:The new signing has put pen to paper. The delay is from the media team trying to cram in as many shots of Carolyns gucci bags, fake tits and expensive cars to edit together so we can outcringe the first attempt


Not the best post about our owners wife, whether tongue in cheek or not we should be a little more respectful as they doing what they can for us all to improve and of course they do own the club outright.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3375
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:53 pm

tillydog123 wrote:
JLStag wrote:The new signing has put pen to paper. The delay is from the media team trying to cram in as many shots of Carolyns gucci bags, fake tits and expensive cars to edit together so we can outcringe the first attempt


Not the best post about our owners wife, whether tongue in cheek or not we should be a little more respectful as they doing what they can for us all to improve and of course they do own the club outright.


Plus the clubs probably in the best shape its ever been in !!!
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Tilly, get a life mate.

We are greatful but doing what the CEO did left her open to such comments, bet she has read worst if she even bothers to read Stagsnet at all, I wouldn't in her position
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3550
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:23 pm

oldweststander wrote:Tilly, get a life mate.

We are greatful but doing what the CEO did left her open to such comments, bet she has read worst if she even bothers to read Stagsnet at all, I wouldn't in her position

Of course she's read worse.
Every post she ever does on twitter etc always has a Spireite or County fan reminding her of her former profession. Doubt she needs reminding of it mind you.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2447
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby bluenyellow » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:57 pm

Nicky Maynard had 8 contracts on the table,so there are at least 7 clubs that wish they could have done that.Clubs and fans no longer ask where is Mansfield or who are Mansfield ? They just think oh thats the club with the good looking CEO that knows how to make an impression.
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
User avatar
bluenyellow
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:46 pm

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby scotsstag » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:08 pm

bluenyellow wrote:Nicky Maynard had 8 contracts on the table,so there are at least 7 clubs that wish they could have done that.Clubs and fans no longer ask where is Mansfield or who are Mansfield ? They just think oh thats the club with the good looking CEO that knows how to make an impression.


Not so sure that's what they think. ;)
scotsstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am
Location: SCOTLAND

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:53 pm

If anyone went to Portugal, they would’ve had a chance to talk and mix with the Radfords, they have money, they are in a position we all would like to be in. I come from the same village as John and my parents know his and when I told him he was so humble, so kind and never forgets his roots and i have the upmost respect. Carolyn is warm , friendly and a genuine person too. We are lucky to have them and all the publicity ..
CassellsCap
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:28 pm

CassellsCap wrote:If anyone went to Portugal, they would’ve had a chance to talk and mix with the Radfords, they have money, they are in a position we all would like to be in. I come from the same village as John and my parents know his and when I told him he was so humble, so kind and never forgets his roots and i have the upmost respect. Carolyn is warm , friendly and a genuine person too. We are lucky to have them and all the publicity ..

Well said.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3628
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:37 pm

awalkinthepark wrote:I think you are over thinking things.

I think he’s a clown.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14677
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:47 pm

Who is a clown?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:48 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
awalkinthepark wrote:I think you are over thinking things.

I think he’s a clown.

We expected nothing less whiffy lad :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 21090
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:19 am

Surely the "third mystery signing", will be unveiled today, ahead of the friendly at Retford. That is of course there has been such a signing ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:23 am

Supposedly interested in Portsmouth midfielder Dion Donohue.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:24 am



Former Chesterfield player. Can play full back and midfield.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6784
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:31 am

BH_Stag wrote:Supposedly interested in Portsmouth midfielder Dion Donohue.

Played two seasons prior to Portsmouth with Cheaterfield. That shouldn't matter, if he's good enough. If he was a Paul Cook signing and followed Cook to Portsmouth he will be decent. Can play right back as well, so he is probably the defensive midfielder we need. If he is going to be the "third mystery signing", I'm happy with that
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:39 am

Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Supposedly interested in Portsmouth midfielder Dion Donohue.

Played two seasons prior to Portsmouth with Cheaterfield. That shouldn't matter, if he's good enough. If he was a Paul Cook signing and followed Cook to Portsmouth he will be decent. Can play right back as well, so he is probably the defensive midfielder we need. If he is going to be the "third mystery signing", I'm happy with that


Seen a few Pompey fans say he’s got a ‘wand of a left foot’ and quite versatile. Looks like he had an injury, but if he’s fit he should be decent. Just had a look and Kenny Jackett signed him at Portsmouth
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:46 am

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6549
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:20 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Supposedly interested in Portsmouth midfielder Dion Donohue.

Played two seasons prior to Portsmouth with Cheaterfield. That shouldn't matter, if he's good enough. If he was a Paul Cook signing and followed Cook to Portsmouth he will be decent. Can play right back as well, so he is probably the defensive midfielder we need. If he is going to be the "third mystery signing", I'm happy with that


Seen a few Pompey fans say he’s got a ‘wand of a left foot’ and quite versatile. Looks like he had an injury, but if he’s fit he should be decent. Just had a look and Kenny Jackett signed him at Portsmouth
The injury thing is a worry. We've had too many good players sidelined by injury for significant periods in the last two seasons. No matter how good or bad the manager, too many injuries tend to wreck seasons.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Would have thought that if hes ex spierite ,maybe family connections or the like could help us to land him if true
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:22 pm

He's a good player. He'd provide excellent competition for Mal and CJ on that side. If he's been involved in a league-winning season from League 2 and a couple of seasons at the top of League 1, playing plenty of games, he'd be very good for us.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:23 pm

spanishstag wrote:Would have thought that if hes ex spierite ,maybe family connections or the like could help us to land him if true


He's Welsh so not sure if he has family in the area.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:32 pm

ParisStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Would have thought that if hes ex spierite ,maybe family connections or the like could help us to land him if true


He's Welsh so not sure if he has family in the area.

He is from Anglesey, so Fleetwood nearer and league 1, so we will probably miss out. Unless he fancies appearing in a Miami Vicesque video :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:35 pm

ParisStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Would have thought that if hes ex spierite ,maybe family connections or the like could help us to land him if true


He's Welsh so not sure if he has family in the area.


Well thats a definitive yes then ,welsh and played for the sheep molesters ,must have family in the area :D
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Would have thought that if hes ex spierite ,maybe family connections or the like could help us to land him if true


He's Welsh so not sure if he has family in the area.

He is from Anglesey, so Fleetwood nearer and league 1, so we will probably miss out. Unless he fancies appearing in a Miami Vicesque video :)


Cazza could land the chopper on the HMS Victory in Portsmouth and sweep him away!
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:43 pm

might know more after tonight, spotters will be out in force
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10049
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamr999, I am Spartacus, macstag, Nottsstag100, snipe and 38 guests