{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose definitely on other clubs' wanted lists

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Rose definitely on other clubs' wanted lists

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:00 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:We’ve signed Cook. Is Rose surplus to requirements given we have Davies too. I think so. He looked poor at times last season. Take the money and run!!!

davies' fitness has a huge question mark on it though. he is a risk of being injured for a long time
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:04 am

I'd sell for 50-75k, but only to Tranmere or another league 1 side...
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:08 am

victor A block wrote:
wardy12345 wrote:I think loosing rose would be a massive loss possibly Un replaceable . If he wasn’t at the Stags he would be the sort of player fans would want to sign and the club would want to bring in and would be a massive signing.

Why would a club looking to go up sell a 20+ goal scorer that works extremely hard, versatile and technically gifted.

I can only assume you are related.

:lol:

Rose has a good spell under Evans, but even then didn’t manage 20 goals, he’s not that man. As Musings has said he’s a decent enough 3rd/4th choice striker, but if the moneys right I would choose to let him go and bring in somebody that offers us something different.

Danny’s main role when in the team is to try and win flick ons, free kicks, and to try and link up play. I’m not sure that he can offer us much different to Davies or Cook who both have a bigger physical presence. Rose has a high work rate, but I don’t really agree with the notion that he would be difficult to replace based on what we saw last year. I know he had a poor year in general but I honestly never felt like he was going to score. 4 league goals sums that up, 2 of which were in a 4-0 drubbing of a Northampton who were absolutely dreadful at the time, and 1 was a result of a simply awful goalkeeping error away at Bury.

I’d be open to selling Rose and bringing in 2 strikers that offer something different (I.e. pace) to go with Davies and Cook. Funds from selling Rose could really help us in trying to get the natural goalscorer that we all want!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:46 am

If someone is willing to offer money for him then sell him, there's no guarantees he can score, doesn't even matter if it is another L2 team - he goal tally speaks for itself. I tell you what, if we didn't know him and we signed him there'd would be a lot of moans & groans on here.

Both Hemmings & Ajose are better, whilst Ajose missed a few easy chances his off the ball runs created space for CJ and Walker plus he got in some assists which led to goals, Hemmings 14 goals in a relegation team and also out injured for a significant period speaks for itself.

That's not to rule out there are others out there too.

Sell and move on.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:49 am

pemill wrote:If someone is willing to offer money for him then sell him, there's no guarantees he can score, doesn't even matter if it is another L2 team - he goal tally speaks for itself. I tell you what, if we didn't know him and we signed him there'd would be a lot of moans & groans on here.

Both Hemmings & Ajose are better, whilst Ajose missed a few easy chances his off the ball runs created space for CJ and Walker plus he got in some assists which led to goals, Hemmings 14 goals in a relegation team and also out injured for a significant period speaks for itself.

That's not to rule out there are others out there too.

Sell and move on.

Can’t disagree with any of that.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:08 pm

Lets be right though, you have named Walker, Hemmings and Ajose in your summary - none of them play for us now.... If Rose goes we need to be signing better - which is unlikely imo as it'll be expensive and teams just don't let experienced players go...

Ajose was absolute garbage, you only had to read what Charlton fans had to say about him, it matched exactly what we saw, couldn't finish, lightweight and moody. Hemming's fair enough seems to have a knack of scoring but not sure he's much more prolific than Danny (if managed correctly and played in the right position - remember Hemmings played every minute of every game more or less for us and must have had a strike rate of about 10% with the amount of sitters he missed...).
Last edited by S7AGS on Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby S7AGS » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:09 pm

1970Stag wrote:I'd sell for 50-75k, but only to Tranmere or another league 1 side...

seriously....what would be the point? Who would you suggest to bring in as a replacement for this money?
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:19 pm

S7AGS wrote:Lets be right though, you have named Walker, Hemmings and Ajose in your summary - none of them play for us now.... If Rose goes we need to be signing better - which is unlikely imo as it'll be expensive and teams just don't let experienced players go...

Ajose was absolute garbage, you only had to read what Charlton fans had to say about him, it matched exactly what we saw, couldn't finish, lightweight and moody. Hemming's fair enough seems to have a knack of scoring but not sure he's much more prolific than Danny (if managed correctly and played in the right position - remember Hemmings played every minute of every game more or less for us and must have had a strike rate of about 10% with the amount of sitters he missed...).

Hemmings would be an upgrade on Rose IMO. Hemmings is 1 in 2.51 in League Two, which is much better than Danny. He's probably on a fair whack at County though, more than Rose I would've thought. But if we could sell Rose and buy Hemmings I would definitely take that.

Ajose 1 in 2.53 at League Two, has played most of his football at a higher level. I didn't see much to be excited about during his loan spell to be honest but his record is decent enough.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Opinions ay... I thought Hemmings was poor, he wasn't very clinical at all when he was here. Rose is a much better all round option. Hemmings is in the 'i'm too good to challenge in the air' brigade and the last thing we need is anymore forwards who are too scared to jump for the ball.

I hope Rose stays, but only if we're not signing another quality forward. If we do, with CJ in the mix too, and Davies, we probably don't need Danny. Still a decent backup option though and a much better option than Hemmings or Ajose.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:00 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
S7AGS wrote:Lets be right though, you have named Walker, Hemmings and Ajose in your summary - none of them play for us now.... If Rose goes we need to be signing better - which is unlikely imo as it'll be expensive and teams just don't let experienced players go...

Hemmings would be an upgrade on Rose IMO. Hemmings is 1 in 2.51 in League Two, which is much better than Danny. He's probably on a fair whack at County though, more than Rose I would've thought. But if we could sell Rose and buy Hemmings I would definitely take that.

Ajose 1 in 2.53 at League Two, has played most of his football at a higher level. I didn't see much to be excited about during his loan spell to be honest but his record is decent enough.

Only problem is, Hemmings took loads of games to get match sharp and score. Danny imo is more likely to be able to sneak a goal in with less game time, so unless Kane is a regular 1st teamer i think he'll be less effective

Maybe use 'minutes between goals' as a more accurate measurement, as goals/games doesn't really do justice ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Hemmings I agree was not very clinical but the stats don't lie.

Did you mean minutes per goal MOTC?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Jamie wrote:Opinions ay... I thought Hemmings was poor, he wasn't very clinical at all when he was here. Rose is a much better all round option. Hemmings is in the 'i'm too good to challenge in the air' brigade and the last thing we need is anymore forwards who are too scared to jump for the ball.

I hope Rose stays, but only if we're not signing another quality forward. If we do, with CJ in the mix too, and Davies, we probably don't need Danny. Still a decent backup option though and a much better option than Hemmings or Ajose.

The only other two out and out strikers we currently have on the books are both big lads, they won’t be afraid to challenge for a header, especially Cook so we should hopefully be fine in that area this season providing Davies is fit!

Also think Dempster sees CJ as a wide player and with that in mind i’d be looking at having Cook, Davies, and 2 other senior strikers. One of those needs to be a somebody with a proper eye for goal, in a similar mould to a Walker or Maynard. Whether Rose is the 4th or not I don’t really mind but if selling him gives us funds to get a quality striker over the line that scores goals, and we pick another up on a free i’m all for it.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:23 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Only problem is, Hemmings took loads of games to get match sharp and score. Danny imo is more likely to be able to sneak a goal in with less game time, so unless Kane is a regular 1st teamer i think he'll be less effective

Maybe use 'minutes between goals' as a more accurate measurement, as goals/games doesn't really do justice ;)

Hemmings 195 minutes per goal
Rose 214 minutes per goal
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:45 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:55 am

you only sell if you are buying better!

If we sell DR we need a better striker in the building first, which by the way isn’t bloody Hemmings imo
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:22 pm

Salford City would be my guess.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:22 pm

lifestags wrote:Salford City would be my guess.

I thought Bradford.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Hemmings 195 minutes per goal
Rose 214 minutes per goal

That's the fella mi'lad.

Even so, i'd still maintain Rose was more likely to make an impact than Kane, given limited game time. Anyway, it's a bit immaterial if neither fancies being 3rd choice striker....assuming our lasso still works for getting new faces in :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:35 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:

I thought Bradford.

Could be, they have just signed James Vaughan though on a 3 year deal.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Stagsfan11 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:40 pm

lifestags wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

I thought Bradford.

And Donaldson, it won’t be Bradford.
Stagsfan11
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Stagsfan11 wrote:
lifestags wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

I thought Bradford.

And Donaldson, it won’t be Bradford.

and they have eoin Doyle , rose would probably be 4th choice there
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:57 pm

This is not the right time to off-load Danny.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:17 pm

We’ve definitely made the best signing so far this transfer window with Cook. Not fussed with the Bradford signings. We definitely don’t need to tinker too much with what we already have imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Get shut.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:19 pm

Bury’s owner will not be happy as I understand they have a 25% sell on clause on Danny.

Perhaps if they go bust we will not have to pay it to them if we sell Danny later. A good bit of business not to sell him now but to wait a bit.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum