{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Andy Cook signs

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Andy Cook signs

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:13 am

Interesting comment about CJ in Dempsters interview.Sounds like he is fully expecting Cj to be part of next seasons strike force
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:30 am

one f in mansfield wrote:Interesting comment about CJ in Dempsters interview.Sounds like he is fully expecting Cj to be part of next seasons strike force

I think JD said something about signing wingers when he fist got the job. I think he'll put CJ up top with Cook/Rose/Davies and sign a left-winger. 442.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:35 am

With another striker incoming and JD's comment about CJ delivering from wide I don't think CJ will be playing upfront.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:37 am

ParisStag wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:Interesting comment about CJ in Dempsters interview.Sounds like he is fully expecting Cj to be part of next seasons strike force

I think JD said something about signing wingers when he fist got the job. I think he'll put CJ up top with Cook/Rose/Davies and sign a left-winger. 442.

In the interview Dempster refers to CJ as a wide player, and that he wants to sign another centre forward. We have a few targets, but seem to be going for one in particular who is of ‘high quality’.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:41 am

But no fee ,so he must be out of contract
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:43 am

Decent singing welcome & good luck Andy for the new season ahead
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:46 am

daddycool wrote:But no fee ,so he must be out of contract

Or on loan. Tyler Walker ;) demps did say one striker played I league 1 last season and 1 in league 2
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby jpstags » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:51 am

kyle b wrote:

Or on loan. Tyler Walker ;) demps did say one striker played I league 1 last season and 1 in league 2

It's not Walker.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby kyle b » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:52 am

jpstags wrote:
kyle b wrote:

It's not Walker.

Who is it then?
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:54 am

What we`ve needed for years! Defence? Idiot!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:27 am

88BenM wrote:
Stoney wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Stoney wrote:Please god no on Jones. He cost us so many points.

Hold up, I thought the general consensus was it was Logan's fault we dropped points? I thought Jones got forward well and defended well, his main issue was he couldn't transition between the 2 as quickly as white could. He played a handful of games at right back in league 1,with someone in front of him. Then he came here and needed to finish the season playing a far more physically demanding role and often he was going to be caught out on occasion.

I don't care what the general consensus was.

My opinion is Jones cost us so many points and was one of the main reasons we lost out. If White never got injured we'd have been in league one

Jones was abysmal. He was embarrassing to watch, he definitely cost us a ridiculous amount of points.

The general consensus Gazza, was that he is shíte and not even conference standard.

one game where he was abysmal. He had a nightmare, yet the game previous he was on fire and nearly scored except for a good save. This is league 2, all players have a bad game or 5 in them. Even White would have had a nightmare game, Exeter at home last season for example. Should we get rid of White for the same reason? We are all disappointed with the finish last season but to pin it all on one player who played for 3-4 months of a season is a tad harsh. He was dropped for the final game of the season, all we had to do was draw or lose. DF played Macca at RWB. We were 3rd going into the game, with Jones at RWB, we finished this game in 4th. Jones didn't play. How is it Jones' fault again?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:30 am

Doidge
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:34 am

My moneys' on a punt to get Walker back on a season long loan.

Now that would be a strike force!

COYS
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 am

The only 2 out of the Top 25 scorers in League 2 (who are strikers) and who are out of contract are:

Nicky Maynard - 3rd top scorer. Out of contract but a one-year extension option, doesn't say whether the club or him though.
Chuks Aneke - 5th top scorer. Out of contract in June 2019, offered new contract by MK
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:52 am

Some quotes from Walsall fans on twitter:

"He’ll put his head in where it hurts and get on the end of crosses for sure. There’s not much mobility there though so the risk for Mansfield is that they wave goodbye to any hope of playing attractive football, as we did."

"Absolute joke of a club you think things can’t get any worse and they do! Appoint an ambitious young manager and then sell your player of the season! Only one way that we are going unfortunately"

"A good signing if you use him right. No pace, but pure brawn, muscle and strength. Horrible for opposition players and fans, big wind up merchant. Needs service though and balls in the box - scored 14 league goals despite us going down. Didn’t want to stop with us, so best he goes."

"Personally I think that's really bad business.. he would have done a job for us in this league and selling him to a club who could be up challenging with us for promotion is just stupid..I'd have a punt on him being top division scorer.."

"Scores goals but very slow and scruffy as a footballer. Forever moaning at his teammates. Good signing for a League 2 side if you play direct football but not League 1. He prospered last season but Walsall didn't. Awful style of play"

"Not bothered that he’s gone really. Could see it in the last 6 ish games of last season but why sell to one of our main rivals? Perhaps there wasn’t as many enquiries for him as we thought there would be"

"Good value for a player who cost us basically nothing ...
A) major fitness concern
B) didn’t want to be a saddler
C) disruptive presence"

"His goals will be missed, his attitude won’t!

"People obviously know more than me but I thought he gave his all in a very raspberries team...he was average league one but was the best we had..div 2 striker without doubt..be interesting to see what happens.."

Is £150,000 the right price for Andy Cook?
No - 55%
Yes - 45%
(590 votes)

From a Tranmere fan

"You guys have made a brilliant signing there! After coming close last season, I expect you to be right up there this season. Good luck."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:13 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Doidge

We don't need Doidge now we have Cook, we need someone with pace and who is agile
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:42 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Doidge

The same Doidge subject to near £1m bid(s) and having tasted Championship football last season? That'll be a nope, then
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:34 pm

I’m sure Martin can tell us ,Has Cook played against us since we tanked Barrow 7-0 about 2012 ? With him in the team
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:56 pm

daddycool wrote:I’m sure Martin can tell us ,Has Cook played against us since we tanked Barrow 7-0 about 2012 ? With him in the team

I haven't double checked, but I'm pretty sure the last time was for Barrow in the Conference. He certainly played when we beat them 7-0

edit - I should have checked, he played for Grimsby against us in the Conference :lol:
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Here are Andy Cook's appearances against the Stags

19th Feb 2011
Barrow 2 Mansfield Town 2 (Andy Cook came on as a sub in 76th minute)

"A minute later Cook almost made it 3-1 for Barrow, when his shot deflected off Naylor and over the bar."

"On 88 minutes, Chadwick poke a shot at goal, and Grof did well to block it, with Naylor then doing well to head over his own bar under pressure. From the resulting corner, Cook headed just over."

12th April 2011
Mansfield Town 1 Barrow 1 (Andy Cook came on as a sub in 76th minute again)
Attendance: 1,253 (71 from Barrow) (the lowest crowd for a league game at Field Mill since 1939)

"A mistake by Gary Silk on 83 minutes and this time it was Sandwith who blocked a goalbound Andy Cook shot."

"A minute later, an outstanding save from Grof as he dived low to his left to turn away a Cook header."

17th March 2012
Mansfield Town 7 Barrow 0

27th August 2012
Grimsby Town 4 Mansfield Town 1

"Some Stags fans have started to call for Paul Cox to be sacked. This is extremely premature in my opinion. Only 3 defeats and 2 wins ago, Cox steered Mansfield to their record points haul of 89 points (since 3 points for a win was introduced) and a narrow defeat in the play-offs to eventually-promoted York."

Grimsby Match Report
"A brilliant strike by Frankie Artus gave the Mariners the lead on 34 minutes. There was some good work down the right by Cook and Colbeck"

12th March 2012
Mansfield Town 2 Grimsby Town 0

"On a magnificent night, Mansfield Town made it twelve wins from the last thirteen games, and an incredible eight wins on the trot which is a new club record since joining the football league in 1931. The win was sealed by a characteristic header by Matt Rhead, just 8 minutes after coming on as an inspired substitute by manager Paul Cox, and then a phenomenal goal from Adam Chapman who fired home a sweet strike left footed from outside the area to send Field Mill into raptures."

"A first half in which Grimsby were the better side. The Stags defence was playing well but otherwise Mansfield were disappointing. At the break, I said to Stags fan-representative-director Darren Shaw that I thought Mansfield needed Rhead on straightaway as the only threat was coming from set pieces, including from Chapman long throws."
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:03 pm

kyle b wrote:
jpstags wrote:
kyle b wrote:

It's not Walker.

Who is it then?

If you know something, man up and bloody say who it is, or are you full of crap?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:05 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
kyle b wrote:
jpstags wrote:
kyle b wrote:

It's not Walker.

Who is it then?

If you know something, man up and bloody say who it is, or are you full of crap?

He’s full of crap
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:18 pm

He also says Ben Turner isn't coming back. He's definitely got a good source :roll:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Be over the moon if we signed Maynard but sure other clubs be looking at him also.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:32 pm

Dembele from Perterboro would be a good signing....
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum