{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Away Third Kit.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

New Away Third Kit.

Postby Kernow » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:01 pm

Will the new kit be available for the first game. Otherwise it will only be used at Cambridge. Hope we are not in our unloved green again!!
Last edited by Kernow on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3948
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: New Away Kit.

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:02 pm

Assume you mean third kit?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4681
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby Kernow » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Changed.
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3948
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby Kernow » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:54 pm

Tick tick have we a kit for Newport away yet.
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3948
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby Vice President » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 pm

We should just have one away kit - All white.

And only use it when there is a colour clash with Amber (which won't be often!)
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby geoffhill » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:05 pm

I think all teams away kit when there is a colour clash should be all white.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1953
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby ST4GS » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 pm

geoffhill wrote:I think all teams away kit when there is a colour clash should be all white.

Leeds United v Real Madrid
Might need to ban white home kits then?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:38 am

ST4GS wrote:
geoffhill wrote:I think all teams away kit when there is a colour clash should be all white.

Leeds United v Real Madrid
Might need to ban white home kits then?


Wouldn't go down well with Swansea or Derby either :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2157
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:22 am

For once American football has it right.
The convention is that the away team wears white or grey.

Unless they’re playing in Dallas.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 13396
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:31 am

Or you have one colour for each kit. Trims can be a 2nd colour. Easy peasy. Home in home kit, away in their away kit and only allowed to use home kit away if there is a clash.

Not much money in replica shirts there though.

Or leave it as it is and in the event of both home and away kit clashes then the away team plays in the oppositions away kit.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5254
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby robeyre » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:10 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Or you have one colour for each kit. Trims can be a 2nd colour. Easy peasy. Home in home kit, away in their away kit and only allowed to use home kit away if there is a clash.

Not much money in replica shirts there though.

Or leave it as it is and in the event of both home and away kit clashes then the away team plays in the oppositions away kit.

Wouldn't be a good idea to play in opponents away strip as they would get confused in the heat of the game.
On reflexion Perhaps it is a good idea??
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 10:04 am

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:36 pm

robeyre wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Or you have one colour for each kit. Trims can be a 2nd colour. Easy peasy. Home in home kit, away in their away kit and only allowed to use home kit away if there is a clash.

Not much money in replica shirts there though.

Or leave it as it is and in the event of both home and away kit clashes then the away team plays in the oppositions away kit.

Wouldn't be a good idea to play in opponents away strip as they would get confused in the heat of the game.
On reflexion Perhaps it is a good idea??


Play in the opposition's away kit? Wow stagsnet stupidity reaches a new high
Sedgwick
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby part time pete » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:55 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
robeyre wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Or you have one colour for each kit. Trims can be a 2nd colour. Easy peasy. Home in home kit, away in their away kit and only allowed to use home kit away if there is a clash.

Not much money in replica shirts there though.

Or leave it as it is and in the event of both home and away kit clashes then the away team plays in the oppositions away kit.

Wouldn't be a good idea to play in opponents away strip as they would get confused in the heat of the game.
On reflexion Perhaps it is a good idea??


Play in the opposition's away kit? Wow stagsnet stupidity reaches a new high


I remember playing in opposition away kit at Bristol Rovers one year.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby Sneag » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:29 pm

part time pete wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
robeyre wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Or you have one colour for each kit. Trims can be a 2nd colour. Easy peasy. Home in home kit, away in their away kit and only allowed to use home kit away if there is a clash.

Not much money in replica shirts there though.

Or leave it as it is and in the event of both home and away kit clashes then the away team plays in the oppositions away kit.

Wouldn't be a good idea to play in opponents away strip as they would get confused in the heat of the game.
On reflexion Perhaps it is a good idea??


Play in the opposition's away kit? Wow stagsnet stupidity reaches a new high


I remember playing in opposition away kit at Bristol Rovers one year.


I've seem Torquay & Cardiff play at Stags in our away kits.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7819
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Think some folk forget they are the cash cow these kits are aimed at ..
User avatar
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby The Source » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:15 am

I just press the button, You provide the face
The Source
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby lifestags » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:16 am

Love it.
lifestags
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby nick_stags » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:18 am

That is lovely!
nick_stags
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1653
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:35 am

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:19 am

That's possibly the best shirt we've ever had.

Edit, its not clear from the picture that the 'V' that is on the home shirt is also on this shirt
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
User avatar
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3934
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: New Brighton

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:28 am

Marky Mark wrote:That's possibly the best shirt we've ever had.

Edit, its not clear from the picture that the 'V' that is on the home shirt is also on this shirt


It is if you zoom in on either Davies or Pearce.

Very nice shirt.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2157
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby milne6 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:53 am

Image
This is a Signature
User avatar
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 am

Marky Mark wrote:That's possibly the best shirt we've ever had.

Edit, its not clear from the picture that the 'V' that is on the home shirt is also on this shirt

That can't be true because as we all know if it's made by Surridge it's crap... isn't it?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 19710
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby JLStag » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:54 am

Much like the home kit - its absolutely honking
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:That's possibly the best shirt we've ever had.

Edit, its not clear from the picture that the 'V' that is on the home shirt is also on this shirt

That can't be true because as we all know if it's made by Surridge it's crap... isn't it?


It'll be alright as long as you don't wear it ,wash it or look at it :D
BoughtonStag71
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 9:27 am

Re: New Away Third Kit.

Postby tibby » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:13 pm

That made me chuckle. Very true
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cassellswasmagic, HitchcocksShins, LincolnStag11, NG17_stag, olderlad, Sedgwick, stag861, TBS, teg41 and 42 guests