{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

McGuire

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

McGuire

Postby Opus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:01 pm

We are pleased to announce that former Stags’ midfielder Jamie McGuire has been appointed as our academy’s new head of recruitment
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: McGuire

Postby robeyre » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:08 pm

This is exellent news. Im sure his enthusiasm will attract some players that may not otherwise have considered us.
Good to see we're lookong after some of our ex players. Feels more like a family club this way.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Opus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:15 pm

Exactly what I thought
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:26 pm

That's good news. Well done Jamie.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Great News Congratulations Jamie a true club servant
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Good for Jammo
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am

Well deserved role for loyal servant of the club.
One of the few gritty enthusiastic battlers of recent years although not the greatest footballer.
If you could cross Grant with Jamie, wow what a player that would be !!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Good move.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Field Mill » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:13 pm

Good luck to him but what qualifies him for this? Because he worked hard for us? He also let the team down with ridiculous dismissals and countless brainless free kick concessions. I'm hoping he will be looking for proper footballers and not workhorses who we'll have to watch chasing their first touch down the A60!
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:32 pm

what a ridiculous post

JM gave all for the club and the shirt when he played and for me deserves the chance to progress his career.

What obviously qualifies him is the work he has done at the academy. He has been appointed because those that know him think he will do a good job
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Field Mill » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:58 pm

yorkstag wrote:what a ridiculous post

JM gave all for the club and the shirt when he played and for me deserves the chance to progress his career.

What obviously qualifies him is the work he has done at the academy. He has been appointed because those that know him think he will do a good job

This is a message board friend. A forum for the exchange of views. That was my view and it's as valid as anyone else's. That's the point.
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:42 am

You are and I’m providing a different view and at the same time answering your question re his qualification
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:38 am

yorkstag wrote:You are and I’m providing a different view and at the same time answering your question re his qualification
I agree with you yorkstag, it is a good appointment.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:12 am

Good appointment but will we ever give youth a chance .
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:20 am

Kernow wrote:Good appointment but will we ever give youth a chance .

You will find out this season. If the fella who has coached the youth team for the last four years doesn't play any of the youth team, we can safely assume they are not yet good enough.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:24 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

You will find out this season. If the fella who has coached the youth team for the last four years doesn't play any of the youth team, we can safely assume they are not yet good enough.

Or JR has instructed JD promotion is the only objective.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:29 am

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

How does that effect what I said? If JD thinks the players are good enough, he will play them. If they're not, he won't.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:30 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

How does that effect what I said? If JD thinks the players are good enough, he will play them. If they're not, he won't.

a certain director thought they were good enough, then JD released a few of the names that were supposedly first team ready :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:33 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

a certain director thought they were good enough, then JD released a few of the names that were supposedly first team ready :lol:

That tells you all you need to know about his judgement of players. I hope his judgement of what makes a good Manager is better.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:47 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

It is possible to gain promotion and have two or three players making significant contribution to the first team, who have come through the academy. I see progress not just in terms of promotion, but also bringing home grown players successfully through to be established first team players. If JR sees the overwhelming priority is promotion, JD may be reluctant to involve the players from the academy.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:00 am

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

It is possible to gain promotion and have two or three players making significant contribution to the first team, who have come through the academy. I see progress not just in terms of promotion, but also bringing home grown players successfully through to be established first team players. If JR sees the overwhelming priority is promotion, JD may be reluctant to involve the players from the academy.

But this is exactly the point Andy. If they are good enough to play in a team challenging for promotion, they will be picked. If they're not, they shouldn't just be picked for the sake of it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:54 am

Maybe the composition of the squad this coming season will have less experienced players in and is topped up by the better academy players.

I would also like to see the use of academy players before we rush out and obtain players on loans. We have had too many loan players over recent seasons.

The academy needs to show its worth sooner rather than later.

JD is the perfect manager to utilise the academy, I just hope the pressures of gaining promotion does not sway him from using it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:08 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Maybe the composition of the squad this coming season will have less experienced players in and is topped up by the better academy players.

I would also like to see the use of academy players before we rush out and obtain players on loans. We have had too many loan players over recent seasons.

JD is the perfect manager to utilise the academy, I just hope the pressures of gaining promotion does not sway him from using it.

Andy, you seem to want the youth team plying even if they are not good enough, which seems barmy to me.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:14 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Maybe the composition of the squad this coming season will have less experienced players in and is topped up by the better academy players.

Andy, you seem to want the youth team plying even if they are not good enough, which seems barmy to me.

I just want to see some of the academy players involved in the first team.

Wouldn't it be an achievement if we could replicate the likes of Lawrence, Disley and Leroy.

At some point the academy set up needs to be evaluated, otherwise why have one ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:30 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I just want to see some of the academy players involved in the first team.

Wouldn't it be an achievement if we could replicate the likes of Lawrence, Disley and Leroy.

At some point the academy set up needs to be evaluated, otherwise why have one ?

Of course everyone wants to see that but they shouldn’t be thrown in just for the sake of it or at the detriment of the team.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum