{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

womens football

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

womens football

Postby nobby +1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Having watched the England games could we ever see women teams join our leagues or even mixed teams . I do think with all this political correctness and there skills it could happen first women team to join league then who noes
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: womens football

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:11 pm

No chance, they're not good enough.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:14 pm

There are two chances of this happening:
1. Slim
2. None
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:19 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:No chance, they're not good enough.

This. Tried to watch a game and fell asleep, woke up and thought somebody had put the telly on slow motion. Tin hat donned, awaiting the millennials response that "women are just as good as men" :roll:
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 pm

manssmooth wrote:

This. Tried to watch a game and fell asleep, woke up and thought somebody had put the telly on slow motion. Tin hat donned, awaiting the millennials response that "women are just as good as men" :roll:

They can try but one of, if not the, leading coach in their game has said the same thing, Emma Hayes. Even putting aside any technical differences, physically they just cannot compete.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:34 pm

Women's football should stay separate from men's football although I wouldn't want to watch women's football either for the same reason I wouldn't watch Rotherham versus err Port Vale !!
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:37 pm

manssmooth wrote:

True but I’ve fell asleep watching premier league football and Stags under Cox in the second season back in the league.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:45 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
manssmooth wrote:

True but I’ve fell asleep watching premier league football and Stags under Cox in the second season back in the league.

:lol: Yes I have to concede that the premiership is not my bag, and watching the Cox meister at times was worse than having a tooth extraction! But bless he did the bizz.
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Womens Football
Diet Coke
Alcohol free
Salad Bar
Adventure Holidays
Electronic Cigarettes
Reality Show

WORDS THAT SHOULD NOT BE PUT TOGETHER AND TAKEN SERIOUSLY .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby RudyDude » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Women's football has made, and continues to make, great progress in recent times.

In any case, it should not be compared with men's football, even though there are many skillful and talented players currently playing in the Women's World Cup. I've watched virtually every match and have enjoyed more of them than some of the Premier League fare we see on TV. Which players in the Prem, never mind our level, are perfect and never make a mistake?

The attached article by England's Millie Bright makes a compelling read and argument.

Come on England.

(Support your daughters, nieces, neighbour's daughters etc)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48628362
BLACK LIVES MATTER so I applaud players 'taking a knee'
RudyDude
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Its called womans football ,let them have their game ,but its not even on a par with schoolboy football ,they keep on about equality but nobody watches it as a whole ,its almost as bad on sky sports with those women pundits its a token gesture
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:43 pm

RudyDude wrote:Women's football has made, and continues to make, great progress in recent times.

In any case, it should not be compared with men's football, even though there are many skillful and talented players currently playing in the Women's World Cup. I've watched virtually every match and have enjoyed more of them than some of the Premier League fare we see on TV. Which players in the Prem, never mind our level, are perfect and never make a mistake?

The attached article by England's Millie Bright makes a compelling read and argument.

Come on England.

(Support your daughters, nieces, neighbour's daughters etc)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48628362

Well said Rudy.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:18 pm

good article Rudy
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tibby » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Its great that the game is growing. But I have tried to watch a couple of games and the standard / speed of the overall spectacle is terrible.

Id honestly rather go and watch Heanor Town
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:54 pm

Unless football becomes a non-contact sport, which it appears to slowly move towards, then this will never happen. I’m sure there are or will be female players that are skilful enough but male physicality would always be a big obstacle to overcome.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:02 pm

In the absence of men's football I've enjoyed it. The top teams are pretty good to watch (if you leave your prejudice at the door), the also rans are pretty terrible which is being reflected in some of the scores.

Chile's goalkeeper v the USA was great individual display. Interesting contrast between the haves & have nots in the women's game, Chile have 750 registered female players the US have over 6 million.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby shirestag » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:13 pm

I think the one thing that has spoiled watching the women's world cup for me is the total lack of rolling around on the floor like they have had a sniper in the ground taking a pot shot at them every time a opposition player gets within 1/2 a yard of them. ;) :roll:
shirestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby nobby +1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Jimstag wrote:Unless football becomes a non-contact sport, which it appears to slowly move towards, then this will never happen. I’m sure there are or will be female players that are skilful enough but male physicality would always be a big obstacle to overcome.

Danny Rose as made it
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:05 pm

nobby +1 wrote:
Jimstag wrote:Unless football becomes a non-contact sport, which it appears to slowly move towards, then this will never happen. I’m sure there are or will be female players that are skilful enough but male physicality would always be a big obstacle to overcome.

Danny Rose as made it

Oh dear, you ARE silly, n+1
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:57 pm

They held the women's charity shield at Field Mill in 2001-2002. We sat in the Quarry Lane end as there was no West Stand.

The match was between Arsenal and Doncaster Belles and was far from being the most memorable match I have ever been to. Arsenal won 5-2.
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:58 pm

The simple fact is that women's football does not have the infrastructure for the ladies to progress to the same levels.

Although some individuals have good skills there aren't enough of them to make a team that could compete with the men on a regular basis. It's experience against better opposition that improves individual performance and unfortunately that opposition just isn't there at this point in time.

If the ladies game continues to grow then over time the skill gap will shorten but at this point the gap is huge. Keep going ladies but pundits, please don't tell me that the sexes are equal.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:17 pm

I really enjoy it. Some of the goalkeeping has been outstanding in this world up.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:31 pm

USA, probably the best womens team... played Dallas undef 15's and lost 5-0... they will never play each other or have mixed teams, it wouldn't be fair.

I like to support them and want England to do well... but the standard is shocking, its not far off Sunday league football. Some of this World Cup has been comical.

The equal pay debate does my head in... when there are no actual women's teams... they're all just a womens team set up and funded by a mens team. Man City womens, Arsenal womens etc etc.. where are the actual womens teams? founded by women with their own stadium and set of fans? without mens football they don't exist and with attendances lower than non league why should they be paid the same?? I think they should be thankful they have the opportunity to actually play professionally at this stage but it will continue to grow.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Surely, SPBS you can't think that if women had an equal infrastructure they would be toe to toe with men?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:05 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
nobby +1 wrote:

Danny Rose as made it

Oh dear, you ARE silly, n+1

8t may have been silly, but the best comedy is firmly based on the truth. ;) :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum