{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Club shop

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Club shop

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:27 pm

So they should open it one Saturday of the close season when everyone with a brain knows it's only open Saturday match days just for the few idiots that can't be bothered to look up the opening times in the hope of selling 5/6 shirts.... Shove your complaint up your arse, this isn't an issue, just a moan for the sake of it.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:37 pm

Sedgwick wrote:So they should open it one Saturday of the close season when everyone with a brain knows it's only open Saturday match days just for the few idiots that can't be bothered to look up the opening times in the hope of selling 5/6 shirts.... Shove your complaint up your arse, this isn't an issue, just a moan for the sake of it.

You don’t agree then :lol:
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:44 pm

Sedgwick wrote:So they should open it one Saturday of the close season when everyone with a brain knows it's only open Saturday match days just for the few idiots that can't be bothered to look up the opening times in the hope of selling 5/6 shirts.... Shove your complaint up your arse, this isn't an issue, just a moan for the sake of it.

I agree, to a point. But finding the shop opening hours on the club’s website is trickier than getting to level 7 on Tomb Raider.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:17 pm

I can understand fans disappointment at not being able to get the new shirt today , a lot of people work on Friday's when it was released
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Jay » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:22 pm

Wow there’s some emotive responses on here isn’t there?

Anyone who doesn’t see a missed opportunity here is clearly wrong.
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:22 pm

Its a jlstag marketing ploy
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Jay wrote:Wow there’s some emotive responses on here isn’t there?

Anyone who cant see a bunch of moaning buggers has clearly not got a scooby
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Perhaps another option could have been to sell it in the Sandy Pate bar? That's open during the close season, isn't it?

Free drink with every shirt purchase.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:45 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Perhaps another option could have been to sell it in the Sandy Pate bar? That's open during the close season, isn't it?

Free drink with every shirt purchase.

Great idea.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby 60+40 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:15 pm

Very bad judgment not being open at least 9am till 1pm today. No argument would persuade me any other way seeing the amount of people turning up doing the same thing. New shirt, Fathers Day....people call football a business these days?....well that’s very bad business, easily would of paid for the staff etc. Again could of been sold elsewhere if needed, very poor, seen a young child upset too as couldn’t get a Father’s Day present. Think about it in future #COYS
60+40
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Iliketrains wrote:I'm a bit puzzled at this complaint really. Don't get me wrong, i think the customer service aspect from the club shop / ticket office staff is mundane or moribund for want of a better word. Functional to be polite. However i think the criticism that the club shop of a small league 2 football club that has about 4000 fans isn't open on a Saturday in the off season is a bit OTT and it just goes to show that the old adage of 'you can't please all of the people all of the time' has never been truer.

It also goes to prove that the society we now live in where everyone wants everything yesterday is very much alive and kicking.

I get that it's Fathers Day tomorrow and the new home shirt would have been a nice present. It still is. There is this new technology thing called the internet. Order it online, get your kids to draw a colourful picture of the new shirt, cut it out and put it in a Father's Day card with a nice message and the shirt will be delivered in a few days. The Father has still got his shirt but just not for a few days. The effect is still the same. Some people find any sort of wait difficult to handle.

Surely the things to complain about are that the new shirt is awful and looks like someone has just stuck a pair of blue mens briefs over the front of it. Oh and the cost as usual. Forty quid for a garment that looks cheap, feels cheap and and probably been made for a quid in the deep, dark depths of Bangladesh isn't something i'd be rushing out to buy anyway.

Totally agree and shirts should be in kids size only I’m sure some so called adults don’t have mirrors in the house , buy a polo shirt and have some self respect !!!
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:29 pm

It's a shop at the end of the day. Tell me one shop that isn't open on a Saturday ? Saturday is a shopping day yayyy
I'm not that bothered about having the shirt and this is exactly the point a few of us are trying to make. Missed opportunity
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby James » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:18 pm

Jay wrote:Wow there’s some emotive responses on here isn’t there?

That’s it then. Jay has said it, anyone else who disagrees is wrong.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:13 am

Why would any teenager want to buy a shirt anyway?
We make it high on impossible for them to attend,financially, or sit where they want, so why would they want the club shirt.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby tibby » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:24 am

Dont be so ridiculous
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Teapot » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:03 am

We are missing the point here. It is clear that the club has no interest in shop sales. If they did they would not be asking potential customers to leave the shop who have inadvertently popped in to buy a match ticket, to leave and stand in the rain to buy ticket at the front window. Can you imagine any shop turning away a potential customer or may wish to browse the available goods before purchase? We have been left in the situation now where people collecting match tickets no longer get the opportunity to see what is for sale in the shop. Can you imagine Tesco keeping goods for sale hidden out of sight?
Teapot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:10 am

My god there are some right moaners about ,no wonder the radfords are moving to portugal for parts of the year ,they try to get things done and[ all they get in return is moan moan moan
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:31 am

spanishstag wrote:My god there are some right moaners about ,no wonder the radfords are moving to portugal for parts of the year ,they try to get things done and[ all they get in return is moan moan moan

Why are people moaning, just because they are giving an opinion on something. Your opinion and theirs is just as important, that’s why we live in a democracy!

I agree with Jay and other people. The day after the new kit is launched, the shop should be open even it’s just a few hours. I wanted to get my son the kit yesterday, and myself the new top as I work in the week and can’t make it down. Looking at this thread there’s enough demand for it to be open, also fans who don’t come on here as well. Basically the next kit launch needs to be better thought out, especially if it’s near key date.
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:37 am

Hilarious thread. The outrage !
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:42 am

spanishstag wrote:My god there are some right moaners about ,no wonder the radfords are moving to portugal for parts of the year ,they try to get things done and[ all they get in return is moan moan moan
I don't think it's a moan Spanishstag, simply pointing out the club have missed a business opportunity.

The point Teapot makes about not being able to buy tickets in the club shop is also a good one.

The club should be marketing their merchandise much better.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:43 am

Well I think we should have a drive through club shop to save time ;) :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Teapot wrote:We are missing the point here. It is clear that the club has no interest in shop sales. If they did they would not be asking potential customers to leave the shop who have inadvertently popped in to buy a match ticket, to leave and stand in the rain to buy ticket at the front window. Can you imagine any shop turning away a potential customer or may wish to browse the available goods before purchase? We have been left in the situation now where people collecting match tickets no longer get the opportunity to see what is for sale in the shop. Can you imagine Tesco keeping goods for sale hidden out of sight?

We’re not Tesco though are we. We’re a football club who probably have 20 full time non football staff.

The shops there and everyone knows when it’s open.

The shop being closed yesterday will not affect shirt sales one iota and any other father days gifts they wants should of really been purchased before yesterday as they knew what time and when the club shop was open.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:03 pm

Although there is a valid point to this issue I do find it amusing that some are criticising our multi million pound much richer than thou club owner and CEO et al for their lack of foresight and missing a business opportunity!

Me thinks they might already know a thing or two about business but am sure they appreciate the offer of advice given here in this forum :lol:

Maybe they are now telling the kids that future gifts might not be so glamorous with belts needing tightened for the loss in revenue c/o shirt sales and other sundries

(Incidentally there's a sticky post/thread for supporter complaints that this might be useful to cross reference/be merged to :idea: )
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:Although there is a valid point to this issue I do find it amusing that some are criticising our multi million pound much richer than thou club owner and CEO et al for their lack of foresight and missing a business opportunity!

Me thinks they might already know a thing or two about business but am sure they appreciate the offer of advice given here in this forum :lol:

Maybe they are now telling the kids that future gifts might not be so glamorous with belts needing tightened for the loss in revenue c/o shirt sales and other sundries

(Incidentally there's a sticky post/thread for supporter complaints that this might be useful to cross reference/be merged to :idea: )

They are good at the big things JR, not so good at the small details. They employ underlings to take care of the small stuff and they are sometimes found wanting.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:21 pm

Mighty oaks from little acorns grow
;)
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten