{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Retford United friendly plus "meet and greet" 9 July

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Retford United friendly plus "meet and greet" 9 July

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Stags’ fans will have an opportunity to meet the Mansfield first team players prior to a pre-season friendly away to Retford United on Tuesday 09 July (7.45pm kick-off).

Season ticket holders for the 2019-20 campaign can gain entry to the match for just £1 upon production of their season ticket card at the turnstiles. For non-season ticket holders, tickets are priced at £3. Prices apply to all ages.

A mixed Mansfield lineup consisting of Stags’ first team and under-21 players will feature in the game, yet all first team players will be present beforehand for a ‘meet and greet’ session with attending supporters.

The ‘meet and greet’ will commence at approximately 6.30pm.

The clash away to Retford will be the first of Stags’ scheduled pre-season fixtures following their return from the pre-season training camp in Portugal.

Read more at https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019 ... -friendly/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Retford United friendly plus "meet and greet" 9 July

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Went last season with the Stags running out 5 nil winners Retford played well in the 1st half but Stags showed their pedigree to bag 5 goals in a scorching heat of the summer.

Great little club n can I say if you get chance to sample a few beers inside their impressive sports bar you will not be dissapointed.

Recommend if your thinking of going to one away pre season friendly this must be the one.....

Lovely tidy ground supporters make you welcome worth a night out.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Went last season with the Stags running out 5 nil winners Retford played well in the 1st half but Stags showed their pedigree to bag 5 goals in a scorching heat of the summer.

Great little club n can I say if you get chance to sample a few beers inside their impressive sports bar you will not be dissapointed.

Recommend if your thinking of going to one away pre season friendly this must be the one.....

Echo that, think IIRC that you can even take a pint in a proper glass out of the bar and be trusted not to smash it over anyone's head.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:13 am

A nice gesture from the club to meet some of the players, just a shame for me that it’s midweek.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:17 am

That mean we aren’t having an open day this season ?
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:25 am

SINA STAG wrote:Went last season with the Stags running out 5 nil winners Retford played well in the 1st half but Stags showed their pedigree to bag 5 goals in a scorching heat of the summer.

In a couple of years we may be able to pop down and cheer on Retford when they play County :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum