{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Match Tickets 2019/20

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Match Tickets 2019/20

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:52 am

Match ticketing, i.e. when they go on sale, who they go on sale to, allocations etc, is a very contentious subject on Stagsnet and in conversations in pubs, workplaces etc through out the season. Would it be possible for the club to provide a frame work as early as possible in the pre-season as to how ticketing will work? Hopefully a framework, though not watertight, would manage people’s expectations better regarding obtaining tickets.

JR has managed our club for a considerable amount of time now and his management team has experienced all that EFL league 2 football can throw at us (Cup games home and away, playoffs, title charges and winning the league (Conference Days)) so the experience is there. Hopefully this would include:
What dates for which fixture the tickets would go on sale eg. 4 weeks in advance for home and away?
The order of ticket allocating priority i.e. Season tickets, followed by Quarry Lane members and then general allocations and for how long these are on sale to each relevant section of the fan base.

The upcoming home friendlies would provide be an ideal opportunity to try this out and hopefully any improvements to the ticketing system we all wish for.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Re: Match Tickets 2019/20

Postby bigalstag » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:36 pm

You've got more chance of snow in the Sahara. Amateurs trying to do a professional job and a ticket system that wouldn't be adequate for tiddlywinks game. Dream on.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum