{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

interview with Craig Davies

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:35 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18731
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:37 am

he owes us a good season, time will tell
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9037
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:55 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Kernow wrote:Not convinced.



I thought he looked quite good at the start of the season and got a few goals. His goal against Colchester was a great strike. I think we would've been promoted if he was fit the full season, would've contributed 10-15 goals imo


Did you read what the Oldham fans said when he arrived, they were absolutely spot on!!!



No I didn't. Did they say he was injury prone?

I'm sure he still scored like 14 goals in a team that got relegated which isn't shabby at all


They said he'll start off looking good, score a few we'll think wow we've got a shell of a player here, then he'll be out injured for most of the season.
Were they wrong?



Sounds like they were right, but we need to get behind him and support him because he'll probably be here for another year.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5197
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:28 pm

Chris Brown (ex-Bury, signed by Flitcroft) has said on the Undr The Cosh podcast that when Flitcroft signed him he didn't bother with a medical. Brown had a history of knee problems and his knee went straight away. Wonder if Davies had a medical?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4793
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Brough wrote:Absolutely bone idol whenever he played



Another phase for 'injured' then ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2833
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:15 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18731
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:36 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Chris Brown (ex-Bury, signed by Flitcroft) has said on the Undr The Cosh podcast that when Flitcroft signed him he didn't bother with a medical. Brown had a history of knee problems and his knee went straight away. Wonder if Davies had a medical?


Of course he did ,clubs sign players without a medical ,paying him thousands of pounds a week ,but if it fits the posters narrative its true :lol:
spanishstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:39 pm

spanishstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Chris Brown (ex-Bury, signed by Flitcroft) has said on the Undr The Cosh podcast that when Flitcroft signed him he didn't bother with a medical. Brown had a history of knee problems and his knee went straight away. Wonder if Davies had a medical?


Of course he did ,clubs sign players without a medical ,paying him thousands of pounds a week ,but if it fits the posters narrative its true :lol:


It came from the players mouth, why would he make that up? This is Bury we're talking about, look at the mess they're in now.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4793
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:44 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Chris Brown (ex-Bury, signed by Flitcroft) has said on the Undr The Cosh podcast that when Flitcroft signed him he didn't bother with a medical. Brown had a history of knee problems and his knee went straight away. Wonder if Davies had a medical?


Of course he did ,clubs sign players without a medical ,paying him thousands of pounds a week ,but if it fits the posters narrative its true :lol:


It came from the players mouth, why would he make that up? This is Bury we're talking about, look at the mess they're in now.


So a player said it its true ,,why make it up ,why not say it when he had signed ,maybe a book to sell ,just saying
spanishstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Playing devil's advocate. Would Turner have passed a medical when we signed him?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5363
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:41 am

Probably...we knew he was injured

I assume they can tell what will repair and what wont. Comes down to what risk you will accept based on the facts available.

Any club that signs a player without a medical is negligent
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:48 am

Back to the important season theme I think there are a few in that category
Davies definitely
Tomlinson - came with lots of positives but at best ok
CJ can he become the £1m player we all think he can
Mellis - needs to find consistency and dominate L2
Danny - start scoring regularly again
Jordan Graham- breakthrough season ?
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:31 pm

yorkstag wrote:Probably...we knew he was injured

I assume they can tell what will repair and what wont. Comes down to what risk you will accept based on the facts available.

Any club that signs a player without a medical is negligent



bit off topic but I believe Steve Evans signed defender Josh yorwerth for Peterborough despite apparently knowing he was bad with drugs. he now has a 4 year anti doping ban. They have also just signed someone who is a sex offender too. Not the same as being injured, but still pretty negligent
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5197
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:48 pm

I don’t think it’s negligent because they knew and took a decision

Can’t comment on the first case but the second decision was taken as Ferguson had worked with the lad before and thought he deserved a chance

Anyway good luck to Craig - I think he would have made a difference
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby MHStag » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Looked good first few games last season but I really don't see him staying fit, which is a shame.
MHStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby geoffhill » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:24 pm

He has a decent track record scoring over 100 goals.I hope he comes good and stays fit.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: interview with Craig Davies

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Really missed him when we started pumping balls into the box second half of the season. Hopefully he can stay fit!
stagsfan6493
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big yella, Dadslad, kevin kents tasce, MTFCMusings, Richard Cranium and 33 guests