{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Evans gets a job at Gillingham

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Evans gets a job

Postby MOTG » Wed May 22, 2019 9:23 am

Kernow wrote:Forget him, put him on the History Channel.

Or the Antiques Road Show.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tillydog123 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:33 am

Jurassic Park
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed May 22, 2019 11:07 am

Corpulent belmer.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed May 22, 2019 11:38 am

I give it 8 months before he's re-enacting that famous Scottish tragedy: Sackbeth
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Wed May 22, 2019 11:29 pm

His interview answers must be complete bulls**t which every chairman wants to believe.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu May 23, 2019 5:18 am

Im first in line to dislike everything about the guy but hes a winner whether we like how he does it personally and professionally and would have got us up in both the last two seasons........thats why Chairmen take a chance. Success can (almost) condone anything.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 23, 2019 6:20 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Im first in line to dislike everything about the guy but hes a winner whether we like how he does it personally and professionally and would have got us up in both the last two seasons........thats why Chairmen take a chance. Success can (almost) condone anything.

he certainly won loads with Mansfield and Peterborough.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 23, 2019 6:22 am

and weeds
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Im first in line to dislike everything about the guy but hes a winner whether we like how he does it personally and professionally and would have got us up in both the last two seasons........thats why Chairmen take a chance. Success can (almost) condone anything.

he certainly won loads with Mansfield and Peterborough.

True, i'm surprised our stadium is still standing from all the weight of silverware :P

Evan was to trophy cabinets what Old Mother Hubbard was to cupboards
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Re: Evans gets a job at Gillingham

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu May 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Im not saying we won anything with Evans because obviously he left but does anyone think we would not have gone up under him either last season or this just finished as opposed to the failure of DF?

I cringed at everything about the guy and was ashamed at some of his antics and inter action with genuine minded fans but whether you hate him of not he has achieved success.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 23, 2019 2:15 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Im not saying we won anything with Evans because obviously he left but does anyone think we would not have gone up under him either last season or this just finished as opposed to the failure of DF?

I cringed at everything about the guy and was ashamed at some of his antics and inter action with genuine minded fans but whether you hate him of not he has achieved success.

No, we were crap in his last few games and he knew it... He jumped ship after the coventry game because we weren't going to go up and it would of labelled him a failure
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Im not saying we won anything with Evans because obviously he left but does anyone think we would not have gone up under him either last season or this just finished as opposed to the failure of DF?

No, we were crap in his last few games and he knew it... He jumped ship after the coventry game because we weren't going to go up and it would of labelled him a failure

Or he jumped ship because a job came available 2 minutes from his house.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu May 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Which last few games do you mean? Because his last ten league games were W6 D3 L1. If we could have stayed that crap for the next ten we might have gone up.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu May 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Sneag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Which last few games do you mean? Because his last ten league games were W6 D3 L1. If we could have stayed that crap for the next ten we might have gone up.

Don't let facts get in way of a rant.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 23, 2019 5:35 pm

Sedgwick wrote:No, we were crap in his last few games and he knew it... He jumped ship after the coventry game because we weren't going to go up and it would of labelled him a failure

Steve Evans' last three games were:

Mansfield Town 5 Newport County 0
Exeter City 0 Mansfield Town 1 (Exeter City made the Play Off Final)
Mansfield Town 1 Coventry City 1 (Coventry won the Play Offs)

I wish DF could have reproduced some of that Steve Evans crap in our games against Northampton, Oldham, Stevenage, MK Dons and Newport County. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Thu May 23, 2019 5:55 pm

Evans makes his first signing ,from Tottenham ,up and running
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Thu May 23, 2019 5:56 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:No, we were crap in his last few games and he knew it... He jumped ship after the coventry game because we weren't going to go up and it would of labelled him a failure

Steve Evans' last three games were:

Mansfield Town 5 Newport County 0
Exeter City 0 Mansfield Town 1 (Exeter City made the Play Off Final)
Mansfield Town 1 Coventry City 1 (Coventry won the Play Offs)

I wish DF could have reproduced some of that Steve Evans crap in our games against Northampton, Oldham, Stevenage, MK Dons and Newport County. :lol:

His last game against a 10 men Coventry for most of the match was shocking and his post match interview was.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu May 23, 2019 5:59 pm

OMG are we still talking about that lump of lard
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu May 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Evans didn't sign anyone, he doesn't start until June 1st.

The guy who signed today had been at Gillingham for two seasons, on loan from Spurs.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:10 am

To answer the above, loathe him as we do, I have no doubt we would be a league one club now if he had stayed.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri May 24, 2019 10:48 am

oldweststander wrote:Evans didn't sign anyone, he doesn't start until June 1st.

The guy who signed today had been at Gillingham for two seasons, on loan from Spurs.

Incorrect

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri May 24, 2019 11:18 am

He managed to mention Sir Alex!! :lol:

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri May 24, 2019 11:53 am

StagsFan83 wrote:To answer the above, loathe him as we do, I have no doubt we would be a league one club now if he had stayed.

I do, we were not top 3 when he left and were about to embark on a very tough run of games. The blokes just a fraud, can't believe we still discuss his time here as if it was good, it wasn't. He'll fail at the Gills.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri May 24, 2019 12:15 pm

Rob wrote:
StagsFan83 wrote:To answer the above, loathe him as we do, I have no doubt we would be a league one club now if he had stayed.

I do, we were not top 3 when he left and were about to embark on a very tough run of games. The blokes just a fraud, can't believe we still discuss his time here as if it was good, it wasn't. He'll fail at the Gills.

How very dare you call anyone a fraud. You'll upset Bella Lugosi.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri May 24, 2019 2:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Evans didn't sign anyone, he doesn't start until June 1st.

Incorrect

If it's a soundbite of Evans talking up what he's allegedly done and how amazing he is, then i'd take it with enough to salt to keep Mansfield's roads clear over winter ;)
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum