{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Chipperfield tweet

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Chipperfield tweet

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue May 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Lomas and Chipperfield arnt Stags fans.

To me it has as much credibility as a post on Bob's Board or the Notts County forum.

What's that got to do with it!? :roll:
We shouldn't take much notice especially if it's tittle tattle.

:lol: :lol: They saw Flitcroft 2-3 times a week (or were meant to ;) ) yet you don't think we should listen to what they say!? You're unbelievable. Yet if they said anything bad about Steve Evans you'd believe every word!!!

Probably !

Perhaps somebody should spill the beans ?

I already told you what it was about.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 21, 2019 10:22 pm

With respect Martin, you said it was about him not doing sufficient interviews. Well surely that's not a reason for him to be damned. Some managers like the limelight and like to do lots of interviews. Maybe DF decided to do the bare minimum and saw his time better spent on team matters. You also indicated there were other things, but didn't elaborate.

As far as I'm concerned the matters closed. DF has left now, so we move on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Wed May 22, 2019 5:15 am

Amber Andy wrote:With respect Martin, you said it was about him not doing sufficient interviews. Well surely that's not a reason for him to be damned. Some managers like the limelight and like to do lots of interviews. Maybe DF decided to do the bare minimum and saw his time better spent on team matters. You also indicated there were other things, but didn't elaborate.

As far as I'm concerned the matters closed. DF has left now, so we move on.

i think you may be under estimating just how self important these meeja types are.
its all about THEM, you know?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby PaulG » Wed May 22, 2019 7:13 am

You've lost me completely! Can you point to where Martin said any of those things?
PaulG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 22, 2019 7:28 am

PaulG wrote:You've lost me completely! Can you point to where Martin said any of those things?

Page 3 on the "Ungrateful fans" thread.

Just to clarify it wasn't Martin who made the comments he was just pointing out what others had said.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed May 22, 2019 7:42 am

Amber Andy wrote:You also indicated there were other things, but didn't elaborate.

I just said there were other examples as well. Such as refusing reasonable requests for an interview in midweek.

The reason I brought these up was that Dan was suggesting that Chipperfield's tweet "spoke volumes". I've attempted to explain the background to it to show that it didn't actually speak volumes (about anything other than something specific to Radio Nottm and the Chad).

viewtopic.php?p=776213#p776213
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 22, 2019 7:59 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:You also indicated there were other things, but didn't elaborate.

I just said there were other examples as well. Such as refusing reasonable requests for an interview in midweek.

The reason I brought these up was that Dan was suggesting that Chipperfield's tweet "spoke volumes". I've attempted to explain the background to it to show that it didn't actually speak volumes (about anything other than something specific to Radio Nottm and the Chad).

https://stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... 13#p776213
I agree, it didn't speak volumes. He's gone now so time to concentrate on the new manager and his team.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed May 22, 2019 11:09 am

What a circus.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed May 22, 2019 1:17 pm

bellwhiff wrote:What a circus.

Oh what a show.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum