{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Thread not really about new signings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Dan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:30 pm

Johnny H wrote:New signing to be announce later today or tomorrow.
Been at the club this afternoon for photos etc.
Signed from an established Premiership team if I'm right and not a position I expected to sign player for.


:lol: :lol: Wow!
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:51 pm

Dan wrote:
Johnny H wrote:New signing to be announce later today or tomorrow.
Been at the club this afternoon for photos etc.
Signed from an established Premiership team if I'm right and not a position I expected to sign player for.


:lol: :lol: Wow!


I think he meant tomorrow, or maybe the day after....
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:21 pm

"Flitcroft was apparently going to Plymouth"

"Luton striker Danny Hylton has verbally accepted a contract with Mansfield Town."

"Tyler Walker was supposed to be going to Lincoln but rejected them in favour of a move back to Mansfield"

Few texts from someone I've worked with, who's still in football, they're just a youth coach so I'm unsure what agents they know, they told me we were signing walker, elsnik and khan but that was pretty strongly rumoured elsewhere. Believe what you want.

Also Bristol Rovers and Walsall approached stags for Flitcroft before Xmas last season.
Last edited by Sedgwick on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Ryan Lowe is manager at Plymouth so I don't think flitcroft will be going there
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5317
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby smulls » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:30 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Ryan Lowe is manager at Plymouth so I don't think flitcroft will be going there


Flip-flop - assistant manager and Futch - kit man.
smulls
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:23 pm

smulls wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Ryan Lowe is manager at Plymouth so I don't think flitcroft will be going there


Flip-flop - assistant manager and Futch - kit man.


can see them ending up at bury if they sort them selves out.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
smulls wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Ryan Lowe is manager at Plymouth so I don't think flitcroft will be going there


Flip-flop - assistant manager and Futch - kit man.


can see them ending up at bury if they sort them selves out.


Despised at Bury so would be a massive shock if they did.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
smulls wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Ryan Lowe is manager at Plymouth so I don't think flitcroft will be going there


Flip-flop - assistant manager and Futch - kit man.


can see them ending up at bury if they sort them selves out.


Despised at Bury so would be a massive shock if they did.



Why are they despised at bury?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5317
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:53 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
smulls wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Ryan Lowe is manager at Plymouth so I don't think flitcroft will be going there


Flip-flop - assistant manager and Futch - kit man.


can see them ending up at bury if they sort them selves out.


Despised at Bury so would be a massive shock if they did.



Why are they despised at bury?


Mostly by the way they treated people & the way they handled themselves. I asked someone at Bury when I was there last season "What do you think to DF" and the reply I got back was "an absolute c**t" & a few other things & that was after I'd told them I was a Stags fan & he was our manager!
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:can see them ending up at bury if they sort them selves out.


Despised at Bury so would be a massive shock if they did.



Why are they despised at bury?


Mostly by the way they treated people & the way they handled themselves. I asked someone at Bury when I was there last season "What do you think to DF" and the reply I got back was "an absolute c**t" & a few other things & that was after I'd told them I was a Stags fan & he was our manager!

The noisy minority.

There was very little reaction to Flitcroft returning to Bury last season.

Then similarly at Swindon ... this was what I wrote

For the second away game running, David Flitcroft was back at his old club where he was previously manager. Probably the first time that has happened to a Stags manager (two away games running), though it would be a very long night if one was to attempt to check that! A section of Swindon fans chanted “Stand up if you hate Flitcroft”. I couldn’t see many Swindon supporters stand up. Jake Garner from Radio Nottingham told me he saw about 20 stand up. To put it in context, Timi Elsnik was also booed by a section of Swindon fans. Elsnik was on loan at Swindon last season. Swindon manager Phil Brown elected not to take Elsnik back on loan for this season. Why would you boo a young player in that situation?
Update: I studied the footage from both cameras of when the group of Swindon fans chanted "stand up if you hate Flitcroft". As the camera pans around, almost nobody stands up. A classic case of the noisy 50 not representing the 6,000 fans in the ground.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18803
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby James » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:41 am

Yeah, but Martin, Dan said he’s despised at Bury so....
James
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby daddycool » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:11 am

Bury have no money to pay anybody as manager.
daddycool
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:08 am

How are the good players still at Bury ?

Thought they would have moved on by now.

O'shea Maynard mayor etc
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3263
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:12 am

Captain Cunno wrote:How are the good players still at Bury ?

Thought they would have moved on by now.

O'shea Maynard mayor etc


Maynard not moved on but heavily linked with a move to Bristol Rovers.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:01 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:How are the good players still at Bury ?

Thought they would have moved on by now.

O'shea Maynard mayor etc


Maynard not moved on but heavily linked with a move to Bristol Rovers.


And Plymouth. Most players will have been on holiday up until this/next week.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5045
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:45 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:can see them ending up at bury if they sort them selves out.


Despised at Bury so would be a massive shock if they did.



Why are they despised at bury?


Mostly by the way they treated people & the way they handled themselves. I asked someone at Bury when I was there last season "What do you think to DF" and the reply I got back was "an absolute c**t" & a few other things & that was after I'd told them I was a Stags fan & he was our manager!

The noisy minority.

There was very little reaction to Flitcroft returning to Bury last season.

Then similarly at Swindon ... this was what I wrote

For the second away game running, David Flitcroft was back at his old club where he was previously manager. Probably the first time that has happened to a Stags manager (two away games running), though it would be a very long night if one was to attempt to check that! A section of Swindon fans chanted “Stand up if you hate Flitcroft”. I couldn’t see many Swindon supporters stand up. Jake Garner from Radio Nottingham told me he saw about 20 stand up. To put it in context, Timi Elsnik was also booed by a section of Swindon fans. Elsnik was on loan at Swindon last season. Swindon manager Phil Brown elected not to take Elsnik back on loan for this season. Why would you boo a young player in that situation?
Update: I studied the footage from both cameras of when the group of Swindon fans chanted "stand up if you hate Flitcroft". As the camera pans around, almost nobody stands up. A classic case of the noisy 50 not representing the 6,000 fans in the ground.


I was talking to staff who worked with him not fans.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby The One » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:28 pm

I talked to a group of Bury fans outside Spoons in MK about 20 of them. They did not rate DF one bit
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10384
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Conker » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:00 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:can see them ending up at bury if they sort them selves out.


Despised at Bury so would be a massive shock if they did.



Why are they despised at bury?


Mostly by the way they treated people & the way they handled themselves. I asked someone at Bury when I was there last season "What do you think to DF" and the reply I got back was "an absolute c**t" & a few other things & that was after I'd told them I was a Stags fan & he was our manager!

The noisy minority.

There was very little reaction to Flitcroft returning to Bury last season.

Then similarly at Swindon ... this was what I wrote

For the second away game running, David Flitcroft was back at his old club where he was previously manager. Probably the first time that has happened to a Stags manager (two away games running), though it would be a very long night if one was to attempt to check that! A section of Swindon fans chanted “Stand up if you hate Flitcroft”. I couldn’t see many Swindon supporters stand up. Jake Garner from Radio Nottingham told me he saw about 20 stand up. To put it in context, Timi Elsnik was also booed by a section of Swindon fans. Elsnik was on loan at Swindon last season. Swindon manager Phil Brown elected not to take Elsnik back on loan for this season. Why would you boo a young player in that situation?
Update: I studied the footage from both cameras of when the group of Swindon fans chanted "stand up if you hate Flitcroft". As the camera pans around, almost nobody stands up. A classic case of the noisy 50 not representing the 6,000 fans in the ground.


The actual reality is something between yourself and Rob, they don’t despise him but they definitely don’t rate him either.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2735
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby BigGuy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:43 pm

The One wrote:I talked to a group of Bury fans outside Spoons in MK about 20 of them. They did not rate DF one bit


Of course you did, they all decided to go to watch another team instead of celebrating their own promotion.
BigGuy
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Conker wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dan wrote:
Despised at Bury so would be a massive shock if they did.



Why are they despised at bury?


Mostly by the way they treated people & the way they handled themselves. I asked someone at Bury when I was there last season "What do you think to DF" and the reply I got back was "an absolute c**t" & a few other things & that was after I'd told them I was a Stags fan & he was our manager!

The noisy minority.

There was very little reaction to Flitcroft returning to Bury last season.

Then similarly at Swindon ... this was what I wrote

For the second away game running, David Flitcroft was back at his old club where he was previously manager. Probably the first time that has happened to a Stags manager (two away games running), though it would be a very long night if one was to attempt to check that! A section of Swindon fans chanted “Stand up if you hate Flitcroft”. I couldn’t see many Swindon supporters stand up. Jake Garner from Radio Nottingham told me he saw about 20 stand up. To put it in context, Timi Elsnik was also booed by a section of Swindon fans. Elsnik was on loan at Swindon last season. Swindon manager Phil Brown elected not to take Elsnik back on loan for this season. Why would you boo a young player in that situation?
Update: I studied the footage from both cameras of when the group of Swindon fans chanted "stand up if you hate Flitcroft". As the camera pans around, almost nobody stands up. A classic case of the noisy 50 not representing the 6,000 fans in the ground.


The actual reality is something between yourself and Rob, they don’t despise him but they definitely don’t rate him either.

To be clear, I never suggested that Bury and Swindon fans thought Flitcroft was wonderful, just that they didn't think he was a disaster. And that the overwhelming majority didn't boo him.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18803
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:07 pm

BigGuy wrote:
The One wrote:I talked to a group of Bury fans outside Spoons in MK about 20 of them. They did not rate DF one bit


Of course you did, they all decided to go to watch another team instead of celebrating their own promotion.

Oh dear. The One lives in MK, ever thought he may have done it when Bury played em.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 19866
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby BigGuy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:11 pm

Then why doesn’t he say that then.

Sorry I’ve deleted that app that tells me where each poster lives.
BigGuy
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:23 pm

why should he need to? You've seen 2+2 and made 56456000 :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 19866
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby Sneag » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:26 pm

BigGuy wrote:Then why doesn’t he say that then.

Sorry I’ve deleted that app that tells me where each poster lives.


I guess he didn't feel the need to advertise where he lives. Lots of Stagsnets posters live outside the area.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7983
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Thread not really about new signings

Postby The One » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:11 pm

BigGuy wrote:Then why doesn’t he say that then.

Sorry I’ve deleted that app that tells me where each poster lives.



Sorry should have said it was Spoons Midsummer Boulevard MK, Saturday morning, about 11.45 am and I was outside having a cig and talking with them. Hope that clears it up. Oh forgot just had breakfast in there. There is reason I spend time here, will not go into that,Used to live MK years ago.

PS Please forward that app to me.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10384
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DE STAG, groundhoppingstag, James, rab mood, weststandstag and 26 guests