{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets 2019/20

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby part time pete » Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 pm

Sedgwick wrote:They need to scrap the advance cheaper ticket.... its nonsense.


You mean on the day prices even the week before the game.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6292
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Amber Andy » Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Sedgwick wrote:They need to scrap the advance cheaper ticket.... its nonsense.
Actually it's an incentive. It means you are committed to going to the game. If the weather is poor on match day you have the option of not going because you haven't committed by purchasing a ticket. Makes prefect sense to me.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:44 am

I'm assuming it isn't reading the article (but it would be common sense to do so) - is the ticket office open Saturday Morning to renew season tickets?
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2394
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby FarnieStag » Fri May 17, 2019 8:53 am

Wow... the views of some people on here are baffling. Anyone who thinks that our prices aren't ridiculously high need to go see and a head doctor. It's Division 4 football for goodness sake. Forest fans will be paying less and watching their team play in full houses against the likes of Leeds United... we'll be paying more to see the Stags play Crawley! Not checked it out, but my son says his 18-year-old Kirkby mates have bought season tickets for Forest for just £50. I know I'm criticising who many on here think of as the Messiah, but Radford had done zilch to encourage the fan base of tomorrow, in fact he's actually done less than Haslam... at least under the Dark Lord kids could just walk in by themselves with their pocket money.
I fear for the attendance next season unless we make a very good start on the pitch. There's only so much you can squeeze out of a town as skint as Mansfield. The smug ones on here who constantly and blindly declare they will pay anything to watch their team will very soon to be able to pick any seat they want
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Lick » Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 am

i just rang and renewed mine over the phone yesterday
Lick
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:19 pm
Location: Woodus

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri May 17, 2019 9:15 am

Here are the prices from the fan owned clubs. Mansfield's prices don't look out of line.

I would like to see better deals for the Juniors. Possibly have free tickets for juniors in the QLE if an adult ticket is bought at the same time. It was £6 last season if bought before the game. I would have Young Adults season tickets at £150 and U17s at £50.

I think we should do what Donny Rovers do and just sell season tickets for the QLE with no reserved seat. This allows fans to turn up on the day and sit anywhere behind the goal. They can therefore go and find their mates and sit with them. Match tickets are sold on the same basis. You could then have a turnstile for the QLE that accepts contactless payments.

The online system also needs to be improved to allow season ticket holders to buy their tickets for Cup games.


Mansfield Town
Adult - £375 (£325)
Senior (65+) - £295 (£280)
Young Adult (18-21) - £180
Junior (7-17) - £90
6 and under - Free

AFC Wimbledon (League 1)
Adult - £385
Concession (65+ or FT student aged 21+) - £240
Young Adult (18-20) - £150
Under 18 - £75

Wycombe Wanderers (League 1)

On Side
Adult - £396
Senior - £342
Young Adult (19-25) - £306
Under 18 - £198
Under 12 - Free

Terrace Behind Goal
Adult - £288
Senior - £252
Young Adult (19-25) - £216
Under 18 - £108
Under 12 - Free

Exeter City (League 2)
IP Office/Stagecoach (On Side)
Adult - £460
Senior - £414
Student - £345
Young Adult (18-23) - £276
Under 18 - £195.50
Under 12 - £172.50

Thatchers’ Big Bank (Terrace Behind Goal)
Adult - £345
Senior - £276
Student - £138
Young Adult (18-23) - £184
Under 18 - £92
Under 12 - £69

Newport County (Not Announced)

Doncaster Rovers (League 1)

On Side
Adult - £399
Senior - £309
Young Adult (22-24) - £299
Under 18-21 - £199
Under 17 - £30

Behind Goal
Adult - £339
Senior - £249
Young Adult (22-24) - £214
Under 18-21 - £149
Under 17 - £30

Lincoln City

Renewals
Adult - £379
Senior - £279
Young Adult (18-21) - £279
Under 17 - £79

New Season Tickets
Adult - £419
Senior - £324
Young Adult (18-21) - £324
Under 17 - £79
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6743
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri May 17, 2019 9:30 am

FarnieStag wrote:Wow... the views of some people on here are baffling. Anyone who thinks that our prices aren't ridiculously high need to go see and a head doctor. It's Division 4 football for goodness sake. Forest fans will be paying less and watching their team play in full houses against the likes of Leeds United... we'll be paying more to see the Stags play Crawley! Not checked it out, but my son says his 18-year-old Kirkby mates have bought season tickets for Forest for just £50. I know I'm criticising who many on here think of as the Messiah, but Radford had done zilch to encourage the fan base of tomorrow, in fact he's actually done less than Haslam... at least under the Dark Lord kids could just walk in by themselves with their pocket money.
I fear for the attendance next season unless we make a very good start on the pitch. There's only so much you can squeeze out of a town as skint as Mansfield. The smug ones on here who constantly and blindly declare they will pay anything to watch their team will very soon to be able to pick any seat they want



have a look at Chesterfield's season ticket prices. If the video I've seen on Facebook is trust worthy then that's just down right outrageous. 400 for early bird in the conf
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5952
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby oldweststander » Fri May 17, 2019 9:51 am

Our prices reflect our smaller number of spectators.

The Premier League, if you bother to watch it, has done many good thing for english football and one particulatly bad thing, it has driven up players demands for high wages.

I know of one former Forest player who graduated from their academy, 10 or so years ago age18 and his wage increased ovetnight from a hundred or so pounds a week to £3k a week. This is reflected down the leagues and clubs have to pay or go without, hence the high cost of tickets.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3352
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby oldweststander » Fri May 17, 2019 9:51 am

Our prices reflect our smaller number of spectators.

The Premier League, if you bother to watch it, has done many good thing for english football and one particulatly bad thing, it has driven up players demands for higher wages.

I know of one former Forest player who graduated from their academy, 10 or so years ago age18 and his wage increased ovetnight from a hundred or so pounds a week to £3k a week. This is reflected down the leagues and clubs have to pay or go without, hence the high cost of tickets.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3352
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Lick » Fri May 17, 2019 10:20 am

Chesterfield £325 to £400 depending where u sit not sure about discounts and thats National League
Lick
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:19 pm
Location: Woodus

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Beano » Fri May 17, 2019 10:25 am

FarnieStag wrote:Wow... the views of some people on here are baffling. Anyone who thinks that our prices aren't ridiculously high need to go see and a head doctor. It's Division 4 football for goodness sake. Forest fans will be paying less and watching their team play in full houses against the likes of Leeds United... we'll be paying more to see the Stags play Crawley! Not checked it out, but my son says his 18-year-old Kirkby mates have bought season tickets for Forest for just £50. I know I'm criticising who many on here think of as the Messiah, but Radford had done zilch to encourage the fan base of tomorrow, in fact he's actually done less than Haslam... at least under the Dark Lord kids could just walk in by themselves with their pocket money.
I fear for the attendance next season unless we make a very good start on the pitch. There's only so much you can squeeze out of a town as skint as Mansfield. The smug ones on here who constantly and blindly declare they will pay anything to watch their team will very soon to be able to pick any seat they want


If JR is so out of touch, can you explain how attendances have nearly doubled during his tenure?
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2661
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Sedgwick » Fri May 17, 2019 10:27 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:They need to scrap the advance cheaper ticket.... its nonsense.
Actually it's an incentive. It means you are committed to going to the game. If the weather is poor on match day you have the option of not going because you haven't committed by purchasing a ticket. Makes prefect sense to me.


It's a rubbish incentive. So many people who either decide on the Saturday or find out if they can go on the Saturday, are priced out. It's not fair.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Beano » Fri May 17, 2019 10:30 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:They need to scrap the advance cheaper ticket.... its nonsense.
Actually it's an incentive. It means you are committed to going to the game. If the weather is poor on match day you have the option of not going because you haven't committed by purchasing a ticket. Makes prefect sense to me.


It's a rubbish incentive. So many people who either decide on the Saturday or find out if they can go on the Saturday, are priced out. It's not fair.


I would imagine that the number of people who only find out that they can go on the actual day of the game is very small.
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2661
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Bradders » Fri May 17, 2019 10:40 am

adamstag wrote:It's my greatest criticism of the Radfords

For all the amazing things they've done for the club the prices for under 18's is shockingly short-sighted.

Pretty much renders the under 18's deals pointless - the item is to get them interested and involved - not at those prices unfortunately

£90 for the season? Sounds reasonable.
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3524
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Sneag » Fri May 17, 2019 12:15 pm

Bradders wrote:
adamstag wrote:It's my greatest criticism of the Radfords

For all the amazing things they've done for the club the prices for under 18's is shockingly short-sighted.

Pretty much renders the under 18's deals pointless - the item is to get them interested and involved - not at those prices unfortunately

£90 for the season? Sounds reasonable.


But that's asking a teenager to commit to a season. I don't think their brains are wired that way. £90 to someone with no income is a lot of money, they ain't gonna do the math. £5 a game is s much better offer & the club gets an extra £25 if they come every week.

That 1,000 extra kids that turned up for the freebies are not going to buy season tickets. This pricing of youth tickets is something this club get wrong year in year out. It's a shame because they get so much right.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8764
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:56 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Here are the prices from the fan owned clubs. Mansfield's prices don't look out of line.

I would like to see better deals for the Juniors. Possibly have free tickets for juniors in the QLE if an adult ticket is bought at the same time. It was £6 last season if bought before the game. I would have Young Adults season tickets at £150 and U17s at £50.

I think we should do what Donny Rovers do and just sell season tickets for the QLE with no reserved seat. This allows fans to turn up on the day and sit anywhere behind the goal. They can therefore go and find their mates and sit with them. Match tickets are sold on the same basis. You could then have a turnstile for the QLE that accepts contactless payments.

The online system also needs to be improved to allow season ticket holders to buy their tickets for Cup games.


Mansfield Town
Adult - £375 (£325)
Senior (65+) - £295 (£280)
Young Adult (18-21) - £180
Junior (7-17) - £90
6 and under - Free

AFC Wimbledon (League 1)
Adult - £385
Concession (65+ or FT student aged 21+) - £240
Young Adult (18-20) - £150
Under 18 - £75

Wycombe Wanderers (League 1)

On Side
Adult - £396
Senior - £342
Young Adult (19-25) - £306
Under 18 - £198
Under 12 - Free

Terrace Behind Goal
Adult - £288
Senior - £252
Young Adult (19-25) - £216
Under 18 - £108
Under 12 - Free

Exeter City (League 2)
IP Office/Stagecoach (On Side)
Adult - £460
Senior - £414
Student - £345
Young Adult (18-23) - £276
Under 18 - £195.50
Under 12 - £172.50

Thatchers’ Big Bank (Terrace Behind Goal)
Adult - £345
Senior - £276
Student - £138
Young Adult (18-23) - £184
Under 18 - £92
Under 12 - £69

Newport County (Not Announced)

Doncaster Rovers (League 1)

On Side
Adult - £399
Senior - £309
Young Adult (22-24) - £299
Under 18-21 - £199
Under 17 - £30

Behind Goal
Adult - £339
Senior - £249
Young Adult (22-24) - £214
Under 18-21 - £149
Under 17 - £30

Lincoln City

Renewals
Adult - £379
Senior - £279
Young Adult (18-21) - £279
Under 17 - £79

New Season Tickets
Adult - £419
Senior - £324
Young Adult (18-21) - £324
Under 17 - £79


How is this relevant to us?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6469
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Sneag » Fri May 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Just been and renewed mine.

BTW I have some tickets for Donny races for sale £175 each. ;)
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8764
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby adamstag » Fri May 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Sneag wrote:
Bradders wrote:
adamstag wrote:It's my greatest criticism of the Radfords

For all the amazing things they've done for the club the prices for under 18's is shockingly short-sighted.

Pretty much renders the under 18's deals pointless - the item is to get them interested and involved - not at those prices unfortunately

£90 for the season? Sounds reasonable.


But that's asking a teenager to commit to a season. I don't think their brains are wired that way. £90 to someone with no income is a lot of money, they ain't gonna do the math. £5 a game is s much better offer & the club gets an extra £25 if they come every week.

That 1,000 extra kids that turned up for the freebies are not going to buy season tickets. This pricing of youth tickets is something this club get wrong year in year out. It's a shame because they get so much right.


Exactly.

I was fortunate that my birthday is in July so my bday present each year was a pretty simple request, not something I need to worry about.

It’s a great deal if you’re forward planning - remember we were all one once - I hadn’t planned what I was having for my next meal (usually sorted by mum!) let alone something like that.

I appreciate the club can only do so much, but if you put hurdles in front of people that age by and large they’re going to tell you to do one.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Jamie » Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Apart from the fact this year was our best attended for yonks.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5054
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby adamstag » Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Jamie wrote:Apart from the fact this year was our best attended for yonks.


And I bet the percentage of those attending under 18 when not a special event pricing wise barely changed.

Attendances are great when football is great but you always need to renew your youth base, I can’t see that being the case at current prices.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri May 17, 2019 1:51 pm

adamstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:Apart from the fact this year was our best attended for yonks.


And I bet the percentage of those attending under 18 when not a special event pricing wise barely changed.

Attendances are great when football is great but you always need to renew your youth base, I can’t see that being the case at current prices.


I bet differently.

But we’re not going to know unless the club releases the figures but the attendances have gone up over double from 2011.

So something is being done right whilst also still bringing money into the club.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2581
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Chander Lear » Fri May 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Just my opinion, but most people are wanting JR to fund a promotion push, these people are the first to moan about ticket prices.

in reality, how much are people going to notice a quid on a match day? Whereas JR is going to notice that quid X 5k fans....
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby adamstag » Fri May 17, 2019 2:38 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Just my opinion, but most people are wanting JR to fund a promotion push, these people are the first to moan about ticket prices.

in reality, how much are people going to notice a quid on a match day? Whereas JR is going to notice that quid X 5k fans....


Not bothered about them charging us a little more, we're hooked - we're going to pay it - they know and we know it.

We aren't the people I refer to - we're talking about the young ones which aren't hooked yet - and the pricing towards them isn't clever

If anything it's a point of concern than a "moan"
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri May 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Sneag wrote:Just been and renewed mine.

BTW I have some tickets for Donny races for sale £175 each. ;)


Me too...
I'll accept £150 each for mine... :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby bellwhiff » Fri May 17, 2019 3:16 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Just my opinion, but most people are wanting JR to fund a promotion push, these people are the first to moan about ticket prices.

in reality, how much are people going to notice a quid on a match day? Whereas JR is going to notice that quid X 5k fans....

Exactly. I thought everyone’s in it together. At the risk of the usual mouthbreathers trotting put their bile because I live 175 miles away, 350 quid for a season ticket for at least 23 games is reasonable.

Stands back and awaits a flaming.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14362
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cerfjaune, Majestic-12 [Bot], Phill and 35 guests