{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets 2019/20

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 am

88BenM wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
88BenM wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Hopefully this year they will not put a limit on the number of QLE members. It should be first come first served for match tickets to encourage fans to buy in advance.

This.

What the club are actually doing is potentially losing revenue. If a QLE member decides that he's not bothered about going to Crawley at home, then it remains a full price seat sat empty. If somebody else has the ability to purchase a cut-price ticket, then that seat may be filled.

Sell 'em at £20 a pop, sell them endlessly, be it 500 or 5,000. Then let it be a first come first served for who gets what.
I think there would be a few grumbling if they shelled out even the modest amount of £20 and failed to get a half price ticket. With that in mind the club need to be careful how many QL membership cards they sell.

The QLE was full twice maybe 3 times last season, that was when the business end of the season came around. You've only got to attend 2 matches and you've broken even, 3 matches and you're laughing.

I think the ones that are grumbling can deal with it and pay the extra 11 quid if they really want to attend. It's £350 to reserve your seat anywhere else in the ground, for some reason we are granting this privilege for £20 in the QLE.

With that in mind, I stand by what I said, sell 'em endlessly and a first come first served basis.
There needs to be a limit so that everyone in the scheme has a fair chance of benefiting from it. Maybe limit the numbers to the total amount of seats plus 5%.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon May 27, 2019 11:57 am

Amber Andy wrote:
88BenM wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
88BenM wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Hopefully this year they will not put a limit on the number of QLE members. It should be first come first served for match tickets to encourage fans to buy in advance.

This.

What the club are actually doing is potentially losing revenue. If a QLE member decides that he's not bothered about going to Crawley at home, then it remains a full price seat sat empty. If somebody else has the ability to purchase a cut-price ticket, then that seat may be filled.

Sell 'em at £20 a pop, sell them endlessly, be it 500 or 5,000. Then let it be a first come first served for who gets what.
I think there would be a few grumbling if they shelled out even the modest amount of £20 and failed to get a half price ticket. With that in mind the club need to be careful how many QL membership cards they sell.

The QLE was full twice maybe 3 times last season, that was when the business end of the season came around. You've only got to attend 2 matches and you've broken even, 3 matches and you're laughing.

I think the ones that are grumbling can deal with it and pay the extra 11 quid if they really want to attend. It's £350 to reserve your seat anywhere else in the ground, for some reason we are granting this privilege for £20 in the QLE.

With that in mind, I stand by what I said, sell 'em endlessly and a first come first served basis.
There needs to be a limit so that everyone in the scheme has a fair chance of benefiting from it. Maybe limit the numbers to the total amount of seats plus 5%.

I had a membership card last season n got to at least 80% of the home games.... my work pattern is 4 Saturday's on 4 Saturdays off. I fully endorse the membership scheme it's been a success for the club as seeing the stand with more supporters in than other seasons. The club should use the parameter of encouraging fans back to the football club by offering a similar scheme if n when they redevelop the Bishop St. If that means a section of the stand having a standing area with a membership scheme running along the side of a season ticket.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Mon May 27, 2019 12:35 pm

The membership card does not guarantee you the same seat each game, as the ST does. I am a OAP ST holder in the QLE, so I am paying £5 more to have the same seat every game. The regulars around us who have Membership cards can usually have the same seats each game, unless it is a big crowd then they might have to take pot luck with everyone else who wants a seat in the QLE. You pays your money and you takes your chance.
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon May 27, 2019 2:10 pm

Bros wrote:The membership card does not guarantee you the same seat each game, as the ST does. I am a OAP ST holder in the QLE, so I am paying £5 more to have the same seat every game. The regulars around us who have Membership cards can usually have the same seats each game, unless it is a big crowd then they might have to take pot luck with everyone else who wants a seat in the QLE. You pays your money and you takes your chance.

I’m a senior ST holder in the IGU. Works out at about 12 quid a match. Great value.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 pm

I hope the club have reserved a special seat and complimentary season pass for our most loyal supporter - the major.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon May 27, 2019 5:01 pm

BigGuy wrote:I hope the club have reserved a special seat and complimentary season pass for our most loyal supporter - the major.

He rarely attends now as he is back on the Leeds home and away bandwagon.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby BigGuy » Mon May 27, 2019 5:19 pm

That ended up as well as ours !
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue May 28, 2019 2:15 pm

I was surprised to see so many fans queuing this morning for the QLE membership cards .
Great value mind , still at £20 , got mine
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue May 28, 2019 2:53 pm

part time pete wrote:
BigGuy wrote:I hope the club have reserved a special seat and complimentary season pass for our most loyal supporter - the major.

Leeds United's end of season run in was a unmitigated disaster.
In March they were promotion certainties going by the bookies odds.
They tailed off alarmingly by losing a succession of games against teams they were expected to beat and dropped into the no1 seeded play off spot from an automatic spot. They even lost away to the divisions whipping boys who could barely muster any win of any kind.
The no1 seeded play off spot gave them a home tie for the second leg as a massive advantage.
They got a great result in the away leg so were massive favourites to get to Wembley.
They then blew their home leg against a side they comfortably beat in the home league fixture earlier that season.
Even the merest consolation prize of a day out a Wembley after a long hard season was snatched from their grasp.
Whoops!!! At least the team that beat them (the sheep fanciers) lost at Wembley!
Who'd be a Leeds fan eh?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue May 28, 2019 3:05 pm

ST4GS wrote:
part time pete wrote:

Mansfield's end of season run in was a unmitigated disaster.
In March they were promotion certainties going by the bookies odds.
They tailed off alarmingly by losing a succession of games against teams they were expected to beat and dropped into the no1 seeded play off spot from an automatic spot. They even lost away to the divisions whipping boys who could barely muster any win of any kind.
The no1 seeded play off spot gave them a home tie for the second leg as a massive advantage.
They got a great result in the away leg so were massive favourites to get to Wembley.
They then blew their home leg against a side they comfortably beat in the home league fixture earlier that season.
Even the merest consolation prize of a day out a Wembley after a long hard season was snatched from their grasp.
Whoops!!! At least the team that beat them (the sheep fanciers) lost at Wembley!
Who'd be a Stags fan eh?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:15 am

Over 1100 sold from 16th May to date
Last year club announced 1000 sold on 6th June. They went on sale 11th May so sales are going well in comparison.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:02 am

halifaxstag wrote:Over 1100 sold from 16th May to date
Last year club announced 1000 sold on 6th June. They went on sale 11th May so sales are going well in comparison.

The advantage of putting on an early bird. I suspect we'll see a further scramble next week as the offer expires.

Renewed mine yesterday after the announcement so that another 4 to the total.

What was the final season ticket number last year?
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:27 am

Renewing mine today.

2 of my friends who don't usually get a season ticket have got one (attended as a pay on the day so won't affect the match day attendance)
Another lad who I work with has got one for his dad, and Ronaldo's dad has got one this year.

4 new season ticket holders already that I know of. Hopefully, other fans follow suit.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:17 pm

Definitely a positive vibe about the Mill these days. Hope Dempster can get most of his five targets.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:18 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Definitely a positive vibe about the Mill these days. Hope Dempster can get most of his five targets.

Few in the queue renewing as I got there!
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Sorted mine today as well - imagine they would be quite busy this week before the early bird finishes on Friday.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:36 pm

Sorted this afternoon
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:57 pm

Season ticket cheer for Mansfield Town
chad.co.uk, by JOHN LOMAS, Monday 03 June 2019

Mansfield Town have already sold 500 more season tickets than at this stage last year.

Precisely 1,337 season tickets have been snapped up, as opposed to 842 this time 12 months ago.

A club spokesman told Chad: “We’re encouraged by the initial response for new season tickets.

read more at https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/s ... -1-9801825
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby NorthLondonStag » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:41 pm

I bought 3 and wasn't a season ticket holder last year.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:45 pm

Getting mine on Friday. Didn’t have one last season.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:22 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:I bought 3 and wasn't a season ticket holder last year.

Maybe you’ve not got this season ticket lark, you only need 1 ;) :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:47 am

adamstag wrote:Sorted mine today as well - imagine they would be quite busy this week before the early bird finishes on Friday.

How easy is it to renew this season?
Last season was a bit protracted to be honest.

1) Journey to ground to pay
2) Journey back to ground for a new photo (why they could not do this on visit #1 was beyond me?)
3) Journey back to the ground again to collect season card as it was not available after the photo was taken (why this could not have been printed after photo taken was also beyond me?)

Customer service at its best :lol:

Can this now be done with "ONE" visit?
Do we need another new photo?
Do I need to book time off work to sort this or have we improved/streamlined the service?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:58 am

ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:Sorted mine today as well - imagine they would be quite busy this week before the early bird finishes on Friday.

2) Journey back to ground for a new photo (why they could not do this on visit #1 was beyond me?)
3) Journey back to the ground again to collect season card as it was not available after the photo was taken (why this could not have been printed after photo taken was also beyond me?)

Do I need to book time off work to sort this or have we improved/streamlined the service?

Well you can apply online and pay over the phone, so that will save you one visit. You will still need the other two visits.

Not sure why the ticket requires a photo anyway, as they never get checked.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:37 am

I think the early bird is a big part of being ahead. I waited last year as there was no benefit doing it this early as I could have an extra payday before having to part with my cash, this year I was one of the first
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:21 am

ST4GS wrote:

Easy - I did it on my lunch yesterday - downloaded the form from the website- filled it in - emailed it to MTFC. MTFC ring back 5 minutes later and took payment.

No new photo needed if you're an existing STH - obv one needed if a new one

About as simple for me as it could get
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum