{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets 2019/20

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby adamstag » Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 am

Conker wrote:Cheapest match day adult ticket at £24.50 is scandalous, didn’t see that earlier.

Its really poorly thought-out.

So a ST has gone up from £280 2 seasons ago to £350 early bird - a 20% increase in 2 years in a time of austerity while in the same division :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 am

Hjeldefan wrote:Pretty shameful prices although not surprising. Got to praise the Radfords for the progress but such prices still leave a bitter taste in the mouth. If we had gone up what on earth would they have been?

I have it on good authority... exactly the same...
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu May 16, 2019 11:16 am

adamstag wrote:It's my greatest criticism of the Radfords

For all the amazing things they've done for the club the prices for under 18's is shockingly short-sighted.

Pretty much renders the under 18's deals pointless - the item is to get them interested and involved - not at those prices unfortunately

It doesnt help that people abuse it..... One paying adult takes his 3 under 18 adults to the game, who are all over 18..... No way of policing it on the turnstiles.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu May 16, 2019 11:32 am

I've no gripe with the season ticket price. 4th division football is generally over priced. Is what it is.

However the u17 & young adult matchday ticket prices are an absolute outrage (for the umpteenth year running). Keep the prices low that extra 1,000 you got on freebies might come regularly. Charge those prices and you won't see any of them until the next freebie offer.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu May 16, 2019 11:36 am

Chander Lear wrote:
adamstag wrote:It's my greatest criticism of the Radfords

For all the amazing things they've done for the club the prices for under 18's is shockingly short-sighted.

Pretty much renders the under 18's deals pointless - the item is to get them interested and involved - not at those prices unfortunately

It doesnt help that people abuse it..... One paying adult takes his 3 under 18 adults to the game, who are all over 18..... No way of policing it on the turnstiles.

Agree with both, we’ve got to find a way to make it easier for the youth to come. Get them in and part of the community and they’ll pay a premium as an adult. Those systems will always be abused by some but hopefully they’ll either get found out or we get enough through to subsidise.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu May 16, 2019 1:02 pm

QLE membership for me again, I’ll miss 4/5 home games throughout the season so is not beneficial to get a season ticket.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu May 16, 2019 1:11 pm

I've renewed mine .
Let's do it Demps...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu May 16, 2019 1:54 pm

adamstag wrote:
Conker wrote:Cheapest match day adult ticket at £24.50 is scandalous, didn’t see that earlier.

So a ST has gone up from £280 2 seasons ago to £350 early bird - a 20% increase in 2 years in a time of austerity while in the same division :shock:

It is actually a 25% increase which makes it even worse. Season ticket price is still competitive but match day tickets are too expensive, certainly for the u18's.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu May 16, 2019 2:59 pm

ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:

It is actually a 25% increase which makes it even worse. Season ticket price is still competitive but match day tickets are too expensive, certainly for the u18's.

If the QLE membership isn't a similar deal to this season when they announce them, sadly for the first season in 20 years I possibly won't be bothering at all.

I refuse to pay £24.50 on the day for Division Four football, it's hideous when compared to other local offers (in higher divisions). My work means I sometimes don't know until a couple of days before a game if I can attend... so a season ticket is no good for me. Not asking for any sympathy here, just reality for me nowadays I'm afraid.

Also, as previously mentioned (though doesn't affect me personally, but is hugely important for the future of our club)... U18 tickets are scandalously priced. So much for encouraging the next generation.

Floating fans are now also completely priced out. Sad times indeed.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu May 16, 2019 3:21 pm

£24.50 is horrendous. Barely anybody is going to pay that, I wouldn't.

I'll be getting the QLE membership again. I hope it's the same price as last season.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu May 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Accepting I'm lucky to get the over 65 rate but £12.17 a game is pretty good value to my mind...

Unless the membership card comes in at the same price as last season then the cost will be £11.84 a game
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu May 16, 2019 3:46 pm

With all the hard work the supporters groups put in to raise money for the club.... Don't they get asked what their thoughts are on pricing especially for the next generation of fans.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Thu May 16, 2019 4:03 pm

Ifollow at 6 euro for every game is a bargain if you know how ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Big Lad Stag » Thu May 16, 2019 5:16 pm

So looking at the prices briefly to me it looks like there are no increases to pre purchased matchday prices and the Family ticket. The Adult Season ticket if bought at the Early Bird prices have not increased and there will be the Quarry Lane Membership again next Season. I totally understand that Money is tight but were some fans hoping for Lower prices?
Big Lad Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Random Hero wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:

If the QLE membership isn't a similar deal to this season when they announce them, sadly for the first season in 20 years I possibly won't be bothering at all.

I refuse to pay £24.50 on the day for Division Four football, it's hideous when compared to other local offers (in higher divisions). My work means I sometimes don't know until a couple of days before a game if I can attend... so a season ticket is no good for me. Not asking for any sympathy here, just reality for me nowadays I'm afraid.

Also, as previously mentioned (though doesn't affect me personally, but is hugely important for the future of our club)... U18 tickets are scandalously priced. So much for encouraging the next generation.

Think I will be joining you.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu May 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Random Hero wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:

How are the floating fans priced out ??? I don’t think there going to see it’s gone up 50p and think naaahhh that’s too much now.

If they came last year like they did I reckon they will do again this year as long as the footys half decent.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu May 16, 2019 6:41 pm

I'm thinking of getting an adult and child ticket for next year. I know the ground but have only been to a few games a season due to location. Where is the best place for mixture of atmosphere and view do people think?
I don't really want to sit in the family stand.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby BigGuy » Thu May 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Notts Forest season tickets are £345, just saying and no I don’t want to go and watch em.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu May 16, 2019 7:12 pm

We all said the prices were too high last year and it didn't stop people going.

Pleased to get my ST at same rate via the early bird.

The family ticket and kids ST prices are still pretty good so the only complaint is that were missing a trick with the older m teenagers perhaps.

The one the day prices are very high but we need the money and if people pay it then it's a good move. If we have a bad season then it will backfire a little.

I don't think its fair to compare us to forest or other clubs. Every situation is different. Forest get millions in TV money and tens of thousands through the gate. They can afford to be more competitive.
Last edited by Jamie on Thu May 16, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:12 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:I'm thinking of getting an adult and child ticket for next year. I know the ground but have only been to a few games a season due to location. Where is the best place for mixture of atmosphere and view do people think?

Being honest it depends what you're exactly after and how much of an atmosphere you want.

I'm sure whoever you speak to have the best seats in the house, so can only share why I sit where I do in P block. Had a season ticket up there last two years and will be renewing again.

Go as a family, started to get back into attending regularly (with family in tow) so logical place to start was A block (old family block before it moved to quarry lane, we took advantage of the bogof offers that season) however its mainly uncovered when raining and windy (right decision to move it into QL) and felt like a morgue in terms of atmosphere - don't get me wrong it's great for families who want to just watch the game. I prefer getting involved with the atmosphere where possible.

Singing block is block Q so didn't want to go into that block with the family so went next door in P block. Upper tier gives a great view and is close enough to the away fans in terms of atmosphere. I'm sure everyone will have their own views why they sit where they do.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Forest and being competitive don’t even come in the same sentence :lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu May 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I'm thinking of getting an adult and child ticket for next year. I know the ground but have only been to a few games a season due to location. Where is the best place for mixture of atmosphere and view do people think?

Being honest it depends what you're exactly after and how much of an atmosphere you want.

I'm sure whoever you speak to have the best seats in the house, so can only share why I sit where I do in P block. Had a season ticket up there last two years and will be renewing again.

Go as a family, started to get back into attending regularly (with family in tow) so logical place to start was A block (old family block before it moved to quarry lane, we took advantage of the bogof offers that season) however its mainly uncovered when raining and windy (right decision to move it into QL) and felt like a morgue in terms of atmosphere - don't get me wrong it's great for families who want to just watch the game. I prefer getting involved with the atmosphere where possible.

Singing block is block Q so didn't want to go into that block with the family so went next door in P block. Upper tier gives a great view and is close enough to the away fans in terms of atmosphere. I'm sure everyone will have their own views why they sit where they do.

Thank you for taking the time to post. That's perfect and sounds exactly right for me too.
The last season tickets I bought was in 84! 23 quid or thereabouts (junior).
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 16, 2019 7:41 pm

The One wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Think I will be joining you.

I thought you qualified for over 65 ticket now.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Big Lad Stag » Thu May 16, 2019 7:56 pm

As i said earlier the pre match day prices have not risen. Yes the matchday prices paid on the day have and I get £24.50 & £25.50 is not affordable for many but it has only gone up 50p. In my opinion the big hike in prices were last year other than the fantastic Quarry Lane Membership offer which hopefully will be roughly the same this year. There were never going to be a reduction in prices. I do like the 18-21 age group Season ticket offer but this is the one I would have considered dropping slightly.

All you can do is choose what you can afford.
Big Lad Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 16, 2019 8:33 pm

They need to scrap the advance cheaper ticket.... its nonsense.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum