{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ungrateful fans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ungrateful fans

Postby spanishstag » Wed May 15, 2019 8:27 am

BigGuy wrote:The tone of some of these posts quite disgust me, have a read up on David and his brother in relation to their father and you'll get my point.

DF came across as a genuine bloke, and after bumping into him during the season, he was so desperate for us to succeed, as we all were and still are.

Bringing him down with name calling says more about the posters than DF, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Yes, in the end there was an obvious tactical shortfall. but no one said a damn thing when we were going 20 odd games unbeaten.

I was as pro flitcroft as anyone on here ,but JR has made a decision ,that obviously reflects ,his feeling s that this season was a failure , it doesnt matter what i or anyone else really thinks now ,but i think his appointment of JD must be based on his work so far at the club ,it may be a risk ,but i am very happy that we have not gone for a big name ,they have not delivered so far
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed May 15, 2019 8:46 am

No one said anything about going 20 odd games unbeaten because the football was breathtaking at times and so enjoyable but still with power and defensive qualities.

Like many many others on here I despair of the complete opposite served up since Christmas. ..the constant kicking it up front to players great on the ground but poor in the air especially against League 2 power defenders. The inability to deal with teams simply pressing us from the front and snapping at our heels. How many times did "we work on it all week in training" only for it to be no different and he made a tactical switch at half time.

Like others I now fear for the future and don't have much confidence in the appointment of JD but the two failures of DF had lost or disenchanted the majority of fans who had been so full of hope.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed May 15, 2019 9:17 am

BigGuy wrote:The tone of some of these posts quite disgust me, have a read up on David and his brother in relation to their father and you'll get my point.

DF came across as a genuine bloke, and after bumping into him during the season, he was so desperate for us to succeed, as we all were and still are.

Bringing him down with name calling says more about the posters than DF, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Yes, in the end there was an obvious tactical shortfall. but no one said a damn thing when we were going 20 odd games unbeaten.

Exactly. Calling him a fraud is a shameful slur, but to be expected from the poster who called him a fraud.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed May 15, 2019 9:30 am

Amongst other disgraceful references as I called on.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed May 15, 2019 10:18 am

I've come to this conclusion about Dempster he's the typical work colleague that's turns up every day without fail he's the guy when all new starters start to show them what standard the bosses are looking for. The bosses trust him and know when there is a problem he's the one they turn to to keep the ship sailing smoothly. When a higher position arrives he's told apply for the job but never gets a chance to show the bosses what he really can do with his ideas and knowledge of all the staff what is expected by new staff until one day someone says give the lad a chance before he moves on n we've lost a valuable member of the team that's developed the work force to be available for selection...

I think we've all worked in an work place where there's a Dempster who knows the place inside out....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed May 15, 2019 10:25 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Exactly. Calling him a fraud is a shameful slur, but to be expected from the poster who called him a fraud.

The poster who called him a fraud just likes the sound of his own voice ,it makes him feel important to post some of the stuff he posts,he has stoked the flames so much ,he should change his username to casey jones
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed May 15, 2019 10:27 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Aww lickle Belly din't like me. Utterly crushed by that.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 am

spanishstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

The poster who called him a fraud just likes the sound of his own voice ,it makes him feel important to post some of the stuff he posts,he has stoked the flames so much ,he should change his username to casey jones

Just my opinion me owd Spaniel, just as your opinion of me is yours . You are perfectly entitled to it, and I am a raspberry. :lol:

To your credit you don't spend 90%of your time on here abusing other posters and then cry like a bitch if someone gives you some back, like certain people. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Wed May 15, 2019 10:40 am

Well said .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed May 15, 2019 11:08 am

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Aww lickle Belly din't like me. Utterly crushed by that.

Awwww. Bless you.

Nothing to do with you as a person, Deirdre
Everything to do with what you posted. Calling Flitcroft a fraud is ridiculous. I’m actually embarrassed for you.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed May 15, 2019 11:24 am

All I can say this is the most support Flitcroft has ever had on Stagsnet.

For sure he has divided supporter opinion right from the day he was appointed, last year the drop in form & not finish in the play-offs was sort of excusable but anybody with an ounce of common sense wouldn't try and get a team to play a different style of football at such a late stage. This year has been an exciting season but catastrophically failed in the end, 1 point from the MKD game would have been a different story but couldn't manage it, followed by losing to Newport and not even reaching the play-off final.

I'm guessing Flitcroft knew his fate if he didn't get us up, time to focus on Dempster now, Flitcroft is history. As harsh as that is, it's how quick football moves.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed May 15, 2019 11:31 am

Flitcroft did his best IMO, what's fraudulent about that?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed May 15, 2019 11:56 am

it’s chip shop paper now, look forward not back

what’s important now is the next statement from the Chairman

is he backing JD to the level fat man and the last manager had?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed May 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Sneag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Just my opinion me owd Spaniel, just as your opinion of me is yours . You are perfectly entitled to it, and I am a raspberry. :lol:

To your credit you don't spend 90%of your time on here abusing other posters and then cry like a bitch if someone gives you some back, like certain people. ;)

sorry sneag,you most certainly not the poster i was refering to,i have never found your posts to be full of the type of bluster
that i was on about the poster i mean is from the NW :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed May 15, 2019 1:32 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:it’s chip shop paper now, look forward not back

what’s important now is the next statement from the Chairman

is he backing JD to the level fat man and the last manager had?

Good luck this summer then youth because you’ll have to wait for some signings until that happens.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed May 15, 2019 2:09 pm

adamstag wrote:Hardly ungreatful.

I remembered billy dearden setting up a promotion side with probably a sixth of the budget that choker had.

DF had an enormous budget, one which should have been achieved, hell he blew an 8 point gap from February, had about 4 chances of winning games in the league season when others fell short and then messed up the playoffs on top of it, not winning any of the final 5 games then losing on penalties summed him up perfectly.

We all wanted him to succeed for the benefit of the club from top to bottom as he was our manager - but he demonstrated that he didn’t learn from mistakes.

A footballing directory would have flitcroft next to a bottle should it allow pictures.

I find it odd that some have problems with others commenting on his very obvious flaws. If flitcroft has demonstrating great managerial nouse why would they jump so giddily to let him go to a league 2 rival?

Have you always been such an objectionable prat?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:02 pm

Its not ungrateful. One side of the divide ate humble pie in the first 5 or 6 months of the season and then warming some up for the other side who then had to eat some for the past few weeks.

Look I can remember sharing my concerns when Stevenage (off top of my head, could be another club) showed the league how to deal with us effectively. Namely when our keeper gets possession man mark our side. Force ud long and we have to drop back to avoid a 3 on 3 which would happen because our players are bad in the air.

The amount of times we had 7 players camped in our own defensive third waiting for the ball to come back was unreal. After the Newport game, there were many of the games where we needed a Danny Rose just to win the ball, but he got injured and we had nobody available anywhere near his ability in the air to do anything with long passes.

At the end of the day, or season, we ended the seaaon with a whimper and in both play off legs our keeper had a shout for man of the match, 100% he was the best in the park in the 1st leg. I do still feel that next season would have seen an improvement again but if DF decided to not get adequate cover in for players or showed any rotation during said season then we will struggle again.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 15, 2019 3:54 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

I remembered billy dearden setting up a promotion side with probably a sixth of the budget that choker had.

DF had an enormous budget, one which should have been achieved, hell he blew an 8 point gap from February, had about 4 chances of winning games in the league season when others fell short and then messed up the playoffs on top of it, not winning any of the final 5 games then losing on penalties summed him up perfectly.

We all wanted him to succeed for the benefit of the club from top to bottom as he was our manager - but he demonstrated that he didn’t learn from mistakes.

A footballing directory would have flitcroft next to a bottle should it allow pictures.

I find it odd that some have problems with others commenting on his very obvious flaws. If flitcroft has demonstrating great managerial nouse why would they jump so giddily to let him go to a league 2 rival?

As much an objectionable prat as you are dull raspberry
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed May 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Reading some of this rubbish on here not just this post but several more under different topics it makes you think some so called fans think John Radford has morphed into the Dark Lord overnight.......

Some people just don't deserve a football club never mind a local multimillionaire lad who's love for his home town club is overwhelming

Beggars Belief it does........
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed May 15, 2019 4:22 pm

adamstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Dull? How very dare you!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 15, 2019 4:28 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Dull? How very dare you!

Ha look, we’re always going to have different views, it’s what makes football what it is.

No I didn’t really take to him as a manager but there’s a perception that criticising the manager isn’t allowed - which I find slightly bizarre.

Every fan - possibly apart from Norman wanted him to succeed as him succeeding would be good for the club the owners and the fans, as said elsewhere, I’d have kept him - albeit grudgingly - next season, the owners chose not to.

Guess time will tell whether they were right
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Conker wrote:I’ll back him like any other manager although it’s clearly risky, although I fully understand why JR has changed route after being let down hugely by the last two efforts!

So you will back JD for as long as he meets your expectations. I'm basing this on your post saying the previous two managers let the club down by not coming up to expectations.

So based on that what are your expectations of JD ? Promotion, mid table stability or surviving a season long relegation battle ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed May 15, 2019 4:41 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:I’ll back him like any other manager although it’s clearly risky, although I fully understand why JR has changed route after being let down hugely by the last two efforts!

So you will back JD for as long as he meets your expectations. I'm basing this on your post saying the previous two managers let the club down.

So based on that what are your expectations of JD ? Promotion, mid table stability or surviving a season long relegation battle ?

I'll happily tell you once we know what sort of backing financially he's going to get this summer
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 15, 2019 4:53 pm

Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

So you will back JD for as long as he meets your expectations. I'm basing this on your post saying the previous two managers let the club down.

I'll happily tell you once we know what sort of backing financially he's going to get this summer
I will look forward to that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 pm

I’m certainly not ungrateful, however, I have always had disdain and contempt for clubs who invest heavily, but then think they have an automatic right to success, the level of entitlement is vomit inducing.

It makes it worse when said clubs sack a manager when he fails by a slender margin.

I have a great deal of respect for JR who has always conducted himself with great integrity, but I sincerely hope we haven’t just become that type of entitled club. Some of our fans have been a total PIA this season, expecting to just turn up and win every match, but I thought we had a more measured view at the helm.

Also the character assassination we have had for some time of Flitcroft is despicable, the guy did his best for us and was within a whisker of succeeding. I will be fully behind JD, but also am grateful to Flitcroft for a great campaign where we were in the mix right to the very last kick of the season. That doesn’t happen very often.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum