{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ungrateful fans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ungrateful fans

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 18, 2019 8:21 pm

I find all this in poor taste

He got us to our highest league position in years, but failed to get us promoted and has lost his job because of it.

In actual fact, unlike the mess he inherited from his predecessor, he has left the club in a healthy position player wise.

Time to move on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I find all this in poor taste

He got us to our highest league position in years, but failed to get us promoted and has lost his job because of it.

In actual fact, unlike the mess he inherited from his predecessor, he has left the club in a healthy position player wise.

Time to move on.

This "mess" that he inherited? Weren't we or 4th/5th when he arrived, with a game in hand, or did I dream that?

By the same token you could argue the Dempster has inherited a mess too.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 18, 2019 9:34 pm

Sneag wrote:

Time to move on.

This "mess" that he inherited? Weren't we or 4th/5th when he arrived, with a game in hand, or did I dream that?

I was alluding to the "deadwood" players he inherited. DF has left a decent squad, apart from a decent striker.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat May 18, 2019 10:08 pm

Evans left a decent squad as well, in the same position that Flitcroft has left his squad. It's unreal that people are defending Flitcroft 'because he's a nice bloke' (yeah right) & Evans wasn't, yet they both left us in the same position, with Flitcroft doing worse than Evans in a lot of people's opinions.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:11 pm

No one really knows what he was like behind closed doors, it’s easy to be nice in front of fans, but different when it’s behind the scenes.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Dan wrote:Evans left a decent squad as well, in the same position that Flitcroft has left his squad. It's unreal that people are defending Flitcroft 'because he's a nice bloke' (yeah right) & Evans wasn't, yet they both left us in the same position, with Flitcroft doing worse than Evans in a lot of people's opinions.

I'm not talking about personalities. I'm talking about what both left behind. It's obvious DF has left things in a much better state than SE.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 pm

How is it obvious!?!?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat May 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:Evans left a decent squad as well, in the same position that Flitcroft has left his squad. It's unreal that people are defending Flitcroft 'because he's a nice bloke' (yeah right) & Evans wasn't, yet they both left us in the same position, with Flitcroft doing worse than Evans in a lot of people's opinions.

I'm not talking about personalities. I'm talking about what both left behind. It's obvious DF has left things in a much better state than SE.

When Evans did a runner we were flying, when Flitcroft was sacked we could barely scrape a draw.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 19, 2019 3:42 am

jpstags wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

When Evans did a runner we were flying, when Flitcroft was sacked we could barely scrape a draw.

JD has inherited a squad with almost no "dead wood". DF inherited a squad with a lot of "dead wood", which he had difficulty moving on due to their high wages.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun May 19, 2019 6:36 am

Dead wood is your opinion and based on what DF said. That same dead wood, had Evan's stayed, may well have achieved him/us a promotion.

If JD comes out saying the squad is this that and the other, will you just blindly believe him and blame DF... People are too quick to have a go at Evan's because he was such a dislikable character and because DF blamed his methods having failed so badly when he joined us.

The two records (from wiki)
P W D L W%
76 35 22 19 46.1 - SE 1.67 PPG
68 26 25 17 38.2 - DF 1.51 PPG

If we had to re-employ one of them. Personalities aside, it's no contest.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 19, 2019 6:44 am

Jamie wrote:Dead wood is your opinion and based on what DF said. That same dead wood, had Evan's stayed, may well have achieved him/us a promotion.

If JD comes out saying the squad is this that and the other, will you just blindly believe him and blame DF... People are too quick to have a go at Evan's because he was such a dislikable character and because DF blamed his methods having failed so badly when he joined us.

P W D L W%

So suddenly DF becomes the pantomime villain and SE Mother Theresa :D

Only on Stagsnet !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun May 19, 2019 6:46 am

I didn't say that. I rubbished your love in with DF by pointing out Evan's did better. It's a fact...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 19, 2019 7:03 am

Jamie wrote:I didn't say that. I rubbished your love in with DF by pointing out Evan's did better. It's a fact...
Jamie one simple question. Which manager DF or SE managed the highest finish with MTFC in league two ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:Dead wood is your opinion and based on what DF said. That same dead wood, had Evan's stayed, may well have achieved him/us a promotion.

P W D L W%

Only on Stagsnet !

Which one of them failed miserably to get us a win at home against the team in 10th place to guarantee promotion ?
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ST4GS » Sun May 19, 2019 8:26 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:I didn't say that. I rubbished your love in with DF by pointing out Evan's did better. It's a fact...
Jamie one simple question. Which manager DF or SE managed the highest finish with MTFC in league two ?

Haslam v Radford in highest finishing position- HASLAM.
Haslam v Radford in highest season average attendance- HASLAM.
Haslam v Radford in best FA Cup run - HASLAM
HASLAM v Radford in best league cup run - HASLAM

Statistics eh

Evans' starting position must be taken into account v Flitcroft.
Same goes for Radford v Haslam. Radford had the task of rebuild and is doing an amazing job.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 19, 2019 9:49 am

jpstags wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

P W D L W%

Only on Stagsnet !

Which one of them failed miserably to get us a win at home against the team in 10th place to guarantee promotion ?

One tried and failed.

The other didn't even try. He legged it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:43 am

P W D L W%

So you would employ a manager who has only ever finished as high as 12th with us over a manager who finished 8th and then 4th?

It's easy to pick and choose stats and how they are presented to press a point of view.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun May 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Time to move on.

I was alluding to the "deadwood" players he inherited. DF has left a decent squad, apart from a decent striker.

Evans had a squad full of Evans dud signings but was in strong position when he walked. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun May 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Time to move on.

Evans had a squad full of Evans dud signings but was in strong position when he walked. :D

One managers deadwood is another mans star player.

Let’s face it Anderson and Diamond were many fans first choice in the starting 11 under Evans.

Dempster might have some deadwood in this side too. DDR, MacDonald, OSJ could all be classed as not fitting the current managers set up.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun May 19, 2019 4:07 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Time to move on.

One managers deadwood is another mans star player.

Let’s face it Anderson and Diamond were many fans first choice in the starting 11 under Evans.

Dempster might have some deadwood in this side too. DDR, MacDonald, OSJ could all be classed as not fitting the current managers set up.

Pretty much what I was going to say, you always get ‘deadwood’ with a managerial change.

To be fair DF did recruit better than Evans, thankfully January were all loans!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon May 20, 2019 5:16 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:No one really knows what he was like behind closed doors, it’s easy to be nice in front of fans, but different when it’s behind the scenes.

Dan says he does. Odd that once again he’s got a hard on for a manager. What a coincidence.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 21, 2019 1:59 pm

Dan wrote:How is it obvious!?!?!

JD at today's press conference said he was lucky to inherit such a good squad.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Tue May 21, 2019 7:02 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:No one really knows what he was like behind closed doors, it’s easy to be nice in front of fans, but different when it’s behind the scenes.

Dan says he does. Odd that once again he’s got a hard on for a manager. What a coincidence.

You really are a little raspberry.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Tue May 21, 2019 8:47 pm

jpstags wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Best off ignoring him he hates being proved wrong, I've done it numerous times ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed May 22, 2019 5:01 am

jpstags wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum