{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Change of mindset?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Change of mindset?

Postby tillydog123 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:18 am

Agree with Musings and Chander, there is no way that we could afford to blood any young newcomers this season and that's what makes it all the more frustrating as we could have had slack in the system to have let loose some of the younger players in the last few games when promotion was comfortably in the bag.

Re Ajose he looked fit , keen and had good movement and was the best available at the time and most were happy with the signing but it never worked out as planned.

The change of mindset here has taken us all by surprise and only time will tell but do have big question mark over Dempster and although he is probably well up for the task has he got the tools and the skills and more importantly the contacts and networking within the football world to be really a bright and successful manager.

Set this against the profile of Evans, love him or detest him, good or bad but boy is he well known and connected within the world of football and this does I think count for a lot.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 am

tillydog123 wrote:Agree with Musings and Chander, there is no way that we could afford to blood any young newcomers this season and that's what makes it all the more frustrating as we could have had slack in the system to have let loose some of the younger players in the last few games when promotion was comfortably in the bag.

Re Ajose he looked fit , keen and had good movement and was the best available at the time and most were happy with the signing but it never worked out as planned.

The change of mindset here has taken us all by surprise and only time will tell but do have big question mark over Dempster and although he is probably well up for the task has he got the tools and the skills and more importantly the contacts and networking within the football world to be really a bright and successful manager.

Set this against the profile of Evans, love him or detest him, good or bad but boy is he well known and connected within the world of football and this does I think count for a lot.

Money talks louder.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Thu May 16, 2019 6:57 am

tillydog123 wrote:

And those connections did what exactly for us?
were the players he brought in, at great expense, much better than those brought in by adam murray, who apparently had no contacts or worthwhile connections?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum