{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Budget cut?!?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Budget cut?!?

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue May 14, 2019 4:14 pm

eggy wrote:Unless the retained list comes out and half the squad is released/transfer listed, I don’t think the budget will be cut too much.

I think Dempster’s appointment is JR putting his faith in him after his performances with the youth team, rather than a ‘cheap option’ à la Murray.

I’ve heard 50% and that’s including the coaching staff too.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Why would you cut the budget when the crowd is up and growing.

If anything the budget will increase.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Tue May 14, 2019 4:22 pm

MTFCMAD, what do you mean you've heard, why would JR confide in you?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue May 14, 2019 4:27 pm

oldweststander wrote:MTFCMAD, what do you mean you've heard, why would JR confide in you?

I haven’t really was just seeing how many people would bite.

Lots of people getting in the assumption bus today and going OTT.

Apparently we’re being relegated next season according to a few of our so called fans.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Tue May 14, 2019 4:49 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
oldweststander wrote:MTFCMAD, what do you mean you've heard, why would JR confide in you?

Apparently we’re being relegated next season according to a few of our so called fans.

So respond to them instead of just posting bullsh...
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue May 14, 2019 4:51 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

"So called fans" :lol: So anyone who holds a different opinion to you that might be negative in its nature cannot be characterised as a fan? Not all of us are high-fiving strangers in the street over the news and I think (but not sure) that's alright.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue May 14, 2019 4:52 pm

People are assuming a lot that

1. Our budget is being cut
2. Dempster doesn't have any contacts in the game (despite being a professional footballer for god knows how long)
3. Players won't want to play for him as he has no experience.

Let's just wait and see what happens eh? He'll be backed by stags fans this season, and maybe we might surprise a few as there won't be as much pressure on a promotion push with it being Dempster's first gig in league football
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue May 14, 2019 4:52 pm

eggy wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

There’s too many individuals who believe the rumours that people make up on this forum for me to respond to each one personally.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Tue May 14, 2019 4:54 pm

So why bother responding to one person who doesn’t make up rumours? :lol: :lol: :lol:
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue May 14, 2019 4:58 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
eggy wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

There’s too many individuals who believe the rumours that people make up on this forum for me to respond to each one personally.

To be fair...I thought I’d quoted Adamstag so can now see where this has all gone tits up.

Apologies to oldweststander.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue May 14, 2019 5:31 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
eggy wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

To be fair...I thought I’d quoted Adamstag so can now see where this has all gone tits up.

Apologies to oldweststander.

JR’s actions today demonstrate beyond doubt his ambition for his club. I cannot see him reducing the playing budget.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby natfromboza » Tue May 14, 2019 6:03 pm

If we need to cut our budget, let's forget about a pre-season jaunt to Portugal, the needless training sessions at St George's Park and lets knock the overnight stops on the head when we are playing 60 minutes down the road. We are League 2 not Premier League and in my opinion we need to get back to basics a little bit instead of pampering the players way too much!
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby mousemousemouse » Tue May 14, 2019 6:11 pm

Right so the Radfords moving to Portugal isn’t an over night decision. At least a couple of years in the making, especially having their own villa built for them. Absolutely nothing to do with this season or last.

And why the despire about cutting our budget? Not worked for us so far, having a top 3 budget, has it? Notts county had a huge budget and they get relegated. Lincoln has a good budget and they’ve gone up. Newport has a bottom three budget.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue May 14, 2019 6:12 pm

As long as the Onecall group are making money we have nothing to worry about, & they are

stay calm
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue May 14, 2019 6:30 pm

natfromboza wrote:If we need to cut our budget, let's forget about a pre-season jaunt to Portugal, the needless training sessions at St George's Park and lets knock the overnight stops on the head when we are playing 60 minutes down the road. We are League 2 not Premier League and in my opinion we need to get back to basics a little bit instead of pampering the players way too much!

Couldn't have put it better myself. A lot of what we have done has proved to be pointless and some have made good points about the hotel stays in regards to sleeping better and being more relaxed at home. SGP made no difference at MK. We have the facilities to prepare well enough as it is.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue May 14, 2019 9:03 pm

I hope that this doesn't signify the end of our 'golden era'. 4th in L2. Is that as good as it's going to get?

For all JR has done, we as fans need something more to cling on to. Some hope of progress. I can't stomach 3 or 4 years of consolidation in L2 before reassessment.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue May 14, 2019 10:16 pm

It's a budget reduction. Four members of staff have been replaced by one, who worked here already.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:28 pm

JD's first few signings will be a clear indication of JR's ambition. A few marquee signings and suddenly people will sit up and take note.

JR won't want attendances to fall away after working so hard to increase them, in fact he'll want them to continue increasing. He's said himself his love for the club is beyond words which means he will want to succeed.

We aren't privy to all the details however I have ever confidence in the decisions JR makes.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue May 14, 2019 10:46 pm

I'm with you Arsene. But I fear the worst.What is it about Mansfield, that equals, second best all the time.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby tillydog123 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Agree that Dempster has very little experience and probabaly zero contacts in the game
JR has also jumped in again quickly to appoint which he did with flip flop who has now completely flopped.

Unless it is budget cut time then I think he should have waited a few weeks to see who else might have been available to run a reduced budget if this is the plan

Its a big gamble and ask for Dempster to take over all the footy at the Stags.
Massive!!.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:33 pm

If he appoints an experienced number two he should be alright.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:31 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:If he appoints an experienced number two he should be alright.

Paul Cox said he'd been talking to the staff today.
East mids today wouldn't pay him to be there. He had to be there on his own accord.
There is a bond of trust and loyalty between them.
Whose teaching who is my worry.
Jr and Caroline really have no idea and are a salesmans dream just like I would be.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed May 15, 2019 5:44 am

Sneag wrote:It's a budget reduction. Four members of staff have been replaced by one, who worked here already.

So you don’t think that those who left will be replaced ?
Who is going to run the youth squad ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 am

If JR wanted to cut the budget he would of kept Flipflop in place and just reduced his playing budget. He would not then have to pay off the contracts of the 5 he has sacked.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Conker » Wed May 15, 2019 6:56 am

Sneag wrote:It's a budget reduction. Four members of staff have been replaced by one, who worked here already.

Lol.

You need to wait and find out, I doubt JR has said to Dempster you have to be the manager, assistant, GK coach etc etc.

I wouldn’t rule out a contractual clause meaning JR could get rid without compensation due to the failure of missing out on promotion. Let’s see.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum